Game play changes needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ptick16, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ptick16

I've been playing this game, almost daily, for about 7 years now. There are a few things that should be changed, but one recent update has me quite upset. Requiring a stalker to uncloak, in order to be able to capture a point.

The stalker is the weakest class in the game, and it's only advantage is in it's cloak. I play mainly stalker, and always go for knife/mine kills in a crowd on any given point. I also enjoy keeping a point secure or contested, giving my team time to reinforce different areas as necessary. Making it necessary for a cloaker to uncloak in order to capture a point is going to make this class useless. Stalker infils will just die out. I fail to understand why someone thought that this needed to happen. Please remove this recent change.

Another item on my list of improvements is the Sunderer. In particularly the stealth Sundy. Whenever a Sundy is deployed, its engine sounds should be turned off. Even while still sitting in the drivers seat. Having to jump into a deployed Sundy to reset its timer, only to have its engine start up needlessly giving away it's position, is quite frustrating. This one change is, or at least should be, a no-brainer.

Lock on weapons. Any time that someone fires a missile that has locked on to its target, should always follow that target to the end of its range. Even if the shooter of said missile dies after launch. Why does a missile go off target after I fire it, if I am killed? That makes NO sense to me! Once locked on and fired, I no longer have to track my target. Any death after firing any lock on weapon, should have ZERO effect on that particular missile tracking its target.

There is one other thing that has been bothering me for quite some time now. As a loyal player, that has really enjoyed playing this game, I decided that I wanted to be a paying member. I wanted to support the developers on their fine work, and hoped that my membership would mean a long and lasting life for this game. My one issue was that for about the first 4 months that I was a paying member, I did not understand how to collect my Daybreak Cash. When I finally did learn how to receive my DC, I learned that I was also no longer eligible to receive the months that I had not claimed. I feel that this is a pathetic way to cheat loyal, paying, players out of what is rightfully theirs. This happened to me some years ago, and I am still quite upset about it. For me, it's a matter of principle. Players that are paying you a monthly fee should have all benefits automatically deposited into their accounts. Why would you NOT do this? This should be looked into, and those players that did not receive their monthly allotments should be fully compensated. Prove that you care for your players, as much as you care for their money.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I truly hope that you will consider at least some of what is suggested here.

Regards

VANU FOREVER!
  2. Scrundle

"The stalker is the weakest class in the game"

Because of 100 less shields? To make up for that they can go invisible indefinitely and share the smallest hitbox with other infiltrators.
    Because of no primary weapon? Sidearms have no less 1v1 lethality, their TTKs are the same or BETTER in many cases.

"Making it necessary for a cloaker to uncloak in order to capture a point is going to make this class useless. Stalker infils will just die out."

This implies that the entire purpose of the stalker cloak is point camping and low-pop back capping, which simply isn't true. That isn't what the stalker cloak is for at all and is merely a frustration to the majority of players. I understand that you enjoy this gameplay but many others do not. There is no fun for me when I see that an empty base has flipped and some stalker is just sitting there giggling to themselves, perhaps even ****-talking in /yell, that leaves a bad taste.

There is a misconception that the infiltrator is a passive class and while it can be played as such I guarantee you it was not designed that way. 100 less shields is NOTHING for a class which can selectively choose their targets so well, control the engagement so well. The infiltrator determines there where, the when, the who of almost every encounter. 100 less shield is totally inconsequential.

"Another item on my list of improvements is the Sunderer. In particularly the stealth Sundy."

Agreed, this would be a minor but welcome QoL change, good idea.

"Lock on weapons. Any time that someone fires a missile that has locked on to its target, should always follow that target to the end of its range. Even if the shooter of said missile dies after launch."

Another good idea in my opinion, the most confusing thing about it is how irregular the whole thing is. Some missiles lose lock but remain armed, some lose lock AND disarm meaning even if they were to hit something they'd deal ZERO damage. Seems like an idea that wasn't quite finished.

With regards to your DBC issue, if you couldn't figure out how to claim them then you absolutely should take that up with support and see if you can get anyone to help you out you may get someone sympathetic to your plight. I doubt they'd ever change it to be automatically redeemed though, they want to make sure people are actually logging on!

Thanks for your post, while I don't agree with you in regards to the stalker changes that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss them and I wish you all the best with your future knifing and mining efforts, even if you are a vanu.
    • Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

Well, the people you were trolling did not enjoy it. It’s time to realize that Planetside 2 is a first person shooter, not a first person troller. Stalkers might lack 100 shield in health, but their invisibility makes them one of the strongest classes. There’s a reason why there’s so many infiltrators. Giving stalkers the ability to contest points when trolled just lead to so much ghost cap trolling, that this change should have occurred a long time ago.

Also, we can not see if there is a stalker on the point now. In a sense, this is a buff, since the stalker is now completely invisible. We can not tell if one is on point.

One last thing I thought I’d mention, the devs haven’t read the forums since DBG bought SOE. Address your complaints on reddit or customer service if you want the devs maybe read it. You can also try their Twitter.
  4. Lord_Avatar

You can decloak - cap and recloak. That simple. Really, extreme trolling aside, this changes nothing for Stalkers.
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I cant be the only one who smiles a little whenever someone complains about the new Stalker changes? I just keep thinking "another troll who lost his toys"

1: the Stalker can do much more than troll around points. I would suggest you play some CQC infiltrator and use the knowledge you gain from that in your stalkerplay. You'll find your Stalkerplay to be a dozen times better than before.

2: if someone is close enough to hear your Sunderer engine they are close enough to see the stealth field. It should be fixed ofcourse but its not a priority in any way.

3: should be fixed. But they are better off redesigning lock-ons to begin with.

4: using periodic log ins to keep players playing is a cheap method and should not be used this way on paying members. That said, I dont think it is hard to find the information.
    • Up x 1