Regarding new cloaker changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liberatress, Mar 11, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Infiltrator exploiters, you created your own issues by exploiting critical chain with sniping, back hacking bases as a solo, the worst part is the knifers, cloakers and annoying invisible people were smug about it and thought they had skill.

Guess what? Your invisible....... Now you get to feel what very class felt when they got a nerf from Heavy Assault, Medics to Maxes.

Welcome to out World!
    • Up x 1
  2. PAncakeChef

In the beginning of the game infiltrators only had sniper rifles and pistols. They actually added a lot to them over the years, with scout rifles, battle rifles, smgs, and other abilities.

I think buffing stalker and giving them more weapon options like a smg is a little much. Also, in Planetside 1 it was basically only stalker and pistol so I think they got a good deal in Planetside 2.
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

How classy of you to hijack someone else's thread just to share your butt-frustration with us.
    • Up x 3
  4. MonnyMoony

Aren't you being a bit melodramatic?

A deep cloak infil cant hack turrets or terminals whilst cloaked, they cant kill whilst cloaked, cant drop mines whilst cloaked, cant deploy motion sensors whilst cloaked - so why should they be able to flip points?

How long does it take to flip a point.......10 seconds.......after which time they can cloak again and hide and the point will remain flipped.

Deep cloak infils can do everything could do before, they just have to uncloak to perform one more action, that's all.

Are you really suggesting that ghost-trolling capture points really all a deep cloak infil is good for?
    • Up x 5
  5. StrikingSpliffs

It wont make much difference, just have to keep a better eye on the mini map and use recon devices as the stalker. There are more annoying ways to solo capping low pop bases whilst using cloaking!
  6. BrbImAFK

I don't main Infil in PS2, but as a mostly-proudish-member of OCCULTUS from Planetside 1, I consider myself a fairly competent infil (if still a flipper-handed-freak-child at aiming) and I am utterly indifferent to this change.

This change will mean basically nothing to any infil that isn't just trollin' around. Anybody who's actively *playing* infil (rather than just screwing up somebody else's playtime by ghost hacking points) will see literally no change in their gameplay imo.
    • Up x 4
  7. sjtw_w_stot

Since weed became legal here in Canada I'm far too stoned to play any other class than Inf, it has become my default class.
    - With cloaked Inf's unable to capture point; I'm fine with it as long as point status doesn't show as 'contested' when cloaked.
    - Cloak sound needs to go. It's ridiculous.
    - Kill cams need to go. It's lame.
  8. WCRjv27NC

Demigan.... Take responsibility for your own english. It must not be your first language. Go look up the word "and". Dont point the finger at others when you are confused.
  9. Demigan

Take some responsibility for your thoughts. I also made the mistake of writing "disadvantage" instead of "advantage" when I talk about perspective. To make a mistake is human, to try and drive your argument (or in this case character assassination) based on deliberately taking the wrong message is pathetic. This becomes especially true when I explain what the message was supposed to be but you still continue about it.
  10. Peebuddy

Why is it when the game devs remove peoples ability to troll there's always someone losing his ****?

I do however feel like there shouldn't be a noise when you de-cloak, so many times have I gotten fair warning of an impending attack from behind simply because I heard his dumb cloak sound. Also when they spot me before opening fire, new people stop spamming the spot button and just fire.

Also short ranged gun sights on a sniper rifle is ironic and stupid. Like when they introduced slugs to the shotguns and they became better than the sniper rifles, it's madness I say!
  11. TRspy007

What’s suppressing is that they still earn xp sitting on a cloaked friendly point. And also the fact they can cap points when uncloaked. Personally, infiltrators (stalkers at least) should not be allowed to flip points in general.

It’s a total nuisance that encourages ghost capping, and this change should have been implemented long ago. I would have saved a lot of time chasing trolls. If you’re gonna play a real class, you can cap the point. If you wanna just sit still for hours ghost capping bases, not only should you not be allowed to cap, you should just stay in VR or find a different game altogether.

And complaining about not being able to troll anymore says it all.
    • Up x 1
  12. Towie

Look on the bright side - all the Infiltrators so upset by this change can stop ghost-capping and just go back to sniping vehicle terminals and we'll all be happy :rolleyes:
  13. TRspy007

I think they got too good of a deal. Back then snipers had no cloak also. Now almost everyone mains infil, and it’s scary to die faster to semi auto snipers than a godsaw heavy.
  14. PlanetBound

Stalker backcapping was my bread & butter role. Now I'm a full time Vulture waiting for others to cap the point.
  15. FairnessinPS2

If anything this nerf to Stalker cloak just made Stalkers more deadly.
    So I'm afraid for all you haters in this thread thinking this is awesome!?
    Now you have to put up with us Stalkers , crouching next to you waiting for a opening to send you to a spawn point.
    Grow up and deal with the game mechanics.
    Go play medics cause that class should really been nerfed years ago,Stalkers were well within a balanced class .
    Now we've just been made more aggressive and deadly
  16. Demigan

Medics are the least used class. It is centered around dropping your weapon and looking at allies to get anything done. This makes it a horrible class to play.

Medics should have gotten better tools. For example their weapons could use an underbarrel attachment that fires a syringe which heals or revives others. UB attachments would also be fireable and reloadable with a hotkey (X for example) so you dont need to waste time switching. On the other hand you could give corpses a maximum health and if they receive too much damage they become unreviveable.
    This instantly makes Medics more versatile, fast and less of a butler class. The time to revive and heal would depend on the reload speed and how many darts you can carry, and when deemed necessary people can waste ammo to destroy a corpse.

Additionally the Medics are a far better class to be busy with damage mitigation and protection next to their damage removal tasks compared to the Engineer. Deployable shields of various shapes and sizes, some that cost resources and go into the grenade and utility slot would fit perfectly with the Medic. Or generating area's of reduced damage for allies. The reverse is also possible with Medics increasing damage received by enemies.
    • Up x 1
  17. WCRjv27NC

Didnt read. Dont care. Your responses are not worth it.
  18. Lord_Avatar

Semi-reasonable, I suppose.
    It definitely needs to stay. Most people are oblivious to it anyway.
    Kill cams are a mixed bag, agreed on that.
  19. Lord_Avatar

Medium Assault is life, Medium Assault is love.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pelojian

i'd make their AOE heal while in a vehicle work even when not in a vehicle, extend the range by at least 100%.
    underbarrel support options: combat stim A(some firearms resist), combat stim B(explosive resist), Regen stim A(temporary regen), Revive stim (revives but is a little slower then manual)

you can then take that system and apply a similar version to engineers:
    mechanical AOE passive heal.
    shield boost (underbarrel).
    mini spitfire turret (underbarrel).
    • Up x 1