This is why I am from New Conglomerate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mivadeth, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Mivadeth

In war, there are no good or bad guys. What for you is a terrorist, for another may be a brother. In the discrepancy is wealth.

The problem comes when you want to impose something on someone. There, the rules change. Of course I believe in a system of laws, hierarchy and order. That already exists in the files of the NC. What I don't believe in is the imposition of your ideology by the use of force on those who disagree with you.

This could be done differently. We could end this absurd war right now. We could unite as one and, with dialogue, stop all this massacre. But as long as someone wants to indoctrinate my freedom or mine, they will be in the center of my AF7-Railjack's sights. I fight for freedom. What do you fight for?
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

My first bonus check.
    • Up x 1
  3. Trigga

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. BrbImAFK

I play everybody, even the crappy NSO. But this is why I main VS.....

[IMG]

:p
    • Up x 1
  5. Botji

Yeah! As long as the other factions are after my spandex there is no other option than war.
  6. TRspy007

From what I’ve seen, people mostly main NC so they can kill their teammates.

I prefer working along side them. STRENGTH IN UNITY.

The Republic is the only way. I serve The Republic. The Republic Serves me.

And as I like to say when I grab my Butcher: better red than dead.

All hail the mighty TERRAN REPUBLIC!
  7. iller

...Someone needs to go rewatch Starship Troopers...

Unchecked Capitalism not only CAN transform to more egregious Dogmas, but it already is beginning to IRL.
    Obviously the Developers are too big a cowards to write the lore for these factions in any compelling manor that even does the bare minimum of say, what Obsidian studio might put out.... but if they weren't such huge cowards, you can be guaranteed that us NC would be framed as Crony-Authoritarian Corporate Feudalists if not full on WH40k Imperialists
    • Up x 1
  8. blackboemmel

This is why I am from New Conglomerate

9. waystin2

Live free in the NC.
  10. The Shady Engineer

Sorry friend, having trouble hearing you over all the TACTICAL SUPERIORITY!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. Andy04

I fight through bad latency lagg and frame drops to get killed by the people by my side as I know I can trust them to kill me..A war within ourselves, Oh what glorious days indeed.
  12. The Shady Engineer

On a more serious note, I really like the faction lore in this game.

Some of the TR are fighting for order, unity and to end the rebellion and restore peace to their planet, but there are also the power-hungry despots who leverage military might to stay in power.

Some of the NC are true blue freedom fighters who are fighting for what they think is a worthy cause, but there are also the corporate mercenaries whose morals are questionable and whose loyalty doesn't go beyond their next paycheck.

Some of the VS truly believe that studying the alien artifacts found on Auraxis is the key to mankind's future and can catapult our species into the stars, but there are also the "convert or else" religious zealot types.

We're all heroes and we're all douchebags. Every faction has justification to think they're the good guys fighting for what is right and the others are the misguided bad guys.