whats goin on with ISO/Implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Katshina, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Katshina

so uh, we don't get ISO from alerts anymore... do we just have to spend certs now?

i've been hunting two pesky implants for several years now... not being able to get iso makes me sad :(
    • Up x 1
  2. Yavimaya

Yep, get wrecked.
    • Up x 2
  3. Katshina

also i cant figure out how to edit my thread, but yeah honestly, spending 50k certs and 100k iso over the years on lootboxes and still not getting the implants i have been wanting since day1 is continuing to leave me sour... DBG why are you making one of the worst parts of planetside ... worse?
    • Up x 2
  4. Ssidistik

Seriously 5 hour session today and 0 ISO for anything. Whuts up with that?
  5. Katshina

they removed ISO gain alltogether - all events are gone, and all alerts only award A7.

So you can never get any implants ever again with out spending real life money or Certs.

would really appreciate some word ASAP from DBG, as i dont think i really want to play untill this is fixed (not being hyperbolic i just care that much about implants)

also HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO UPGRADE MY IMPLANTS NOW? i cant get iso to upgrade them ._.
    • Up x 4
  6. Katshina

also... why do you not get any certs for locking continents anymore? ...why...

the games already grindy as hell, why would you remove the only reason people really push for continent locks and make the grind even worse... like 20% of my certs come from alert ops... *sigh*

DBG did you intentionally set out to make the progression experience harder, more annoying, and impossible for players who aren't already sitting on 200k certs? come on.. this honestly makes me not want to pay or support you guys finanically, i love what you're doing, on paper, but why do all this? this is really dissapointing.
  7. Yavimaya

Have you tried going to the sanctuary and checking the vendors there?
  8. Onical

i just got my friends to play again when i convince them that the game was a lot more consumer friendly no more battery. most things can be gained with certs. it feels like getting certs is a bit easier getting implants is easier and random decals and sometimes boosters given for free from challanges and alerts.. and then this update hits and most of the things i praised are removed .-.
    • Up x 2
  9. IVANPIDORVAN

As solo player i wasn't really excited about all of the stuff in this update. I didn't even bother to read patchnote section about bfc and outfit wars (i never ever before in my entire life skipped any part of any patchnote of any game what i play a lot), just not interested at all. For me the only thing i waiting is vendor with exceptional implants, so after 3 years of grind i can finally purchase ******* carapace. But there is none of such vendor... and on top of that all iso from allerts is gone, even cert reward for winning allert is gone...

I am glad what 2 weeks ago, after 6 years of maining TR i finally started new char, so i barely managed to gather certs and implants for few loadouts. How this update supposed to attract new players and bring veterans back if this game is such a grinding hell. This is at least for me is the worst update ever. Thanks for your service, i am going to play something else. I even sell all of my cosmetics on steam just to gather enough money for this update, but i guess i gonna spend them in different way.
    • Up x 2
  10. Maxron306

I'm just waiting for dev's respond because it was not announced that certs/ISO/Implants will be removed from event rewards.
    And it is too significant of a change not to mention, so I'm counting that it is a bug, caused by A7 implementation.

Although if its a real change, I'll have to quit the game as well, because implants are too big part of a game to ignore, and buying implant packs for certs (which also got nerfed by disappearing from alert rewards) to get a ton of dumpster duplicates to dismantle them for pathetic 25 ISO each is a horrible perspective. Also no good implant was ever dropped from cert packs, making ISO recycling the only good option.

Anyway, this issue should be addressed very soon, because new people are coming to the game and cert/ISO/implant flow is really important for them.
  11. AlcyoneSerene

Also wondering what's up. Got a lot of ISO stocked up. What to do with it? Panic upgrade and craft? Just keep?
  12. FLHuk

It's such a huge unannounced change that it has to be clarified at the very least.

Fully expecting that in the new climate of information constantly leaving the studio, if not via their official forum, they will inform us one way or the other.
  13. Katshina

honestly the cert part of this equation cannot be understated.

the vast majority of players especially new players gain the lions share of their certs via continent lockouts. 375 certs for a win, 150 certs for a loss.

Here's the thing, the game was created and intended with the idea in mind of it being a "war" or at least a close approximiation of a military sim style game, conquering territory and land is the real objective. but what happens when no one does that? no one pushes, everyone just mines cortium, biolab farms, etc.

well you incentivize pushing and locking continents, 375 certs is a lot for anyone who isn't an absolute god at the game, even me with years of experience, i can't pull 375 certs in 90 minutes out my *** with out boosts. im not that good. alert cert reward is what pushes me and my friends to play the objective of the game, to cap...

now that that's gone? after people get their A7 gun of choice, literally no one is going to give a flying **** about alerts.

events are gone too.. i guess.

I dont even want to play anymore, this "great update" has reduced the amount of certs i take home each day by over 500.

That's ******* disgusting. the game's already a massive annoying grind, why did they just make it SO MUCH WORSE?

im sure they'll fix the issues with ISO and implants in due time, but i honestly do not expect them to put the 150/375 certs back into alerts. either DBG is completley ignorant to the damage this does, or they want to make the game 30-60% more grindy for players.

Either way i can't in good conscience continue to financially support this game, the only reason i quit years ago was because it took too damn long to get certs.

even came back was because the cert grind was way easier with all these alert rewards, and now that's gone its back to the old days of getting basically no certs with out playing a playstyle i ******* hate and gaming the system. this isn't fun anymore, at least not for me.
    • Up x 1
  14. Katshina

• Up x 2