Can't connect to Ceres server for PS4

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Nalianna, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Nalianna

I'm continually getting 'Server Unavailable' when I try to log on. Is this something to do with the hardware migration? When will it be back up? The advice that there was a hardware migration and then a scheduled maintenance have both disappeared so I thought the server was back up by now. Is there anything else I need to do?
    • Up x 3
  2. mooses32moo

same problem

of twitter give only a 7h old info
    daybreak site say over 5h server ceres online pop low
    on fisu no active stats
    and never can join

were thinking about whether they went to sleep or were forgotten to inform
    • Up x 1
  3. Nalianna

Hi Mooses!

Feels like they have left something disconnected. Just because servers are up doesn't mean the communications are in the place. Something is not right. I feel like they forgot about PS4. All PC servers are reported up but they don't mention Ceres for PS4. What's the bet they did the migration but forgot to bring the PS4 stuff online?
  4. mooses32moo

still trust that there is a big problem but information feedback is insignificant
    for ps4

and hey megan
    • Up x 1
  5. Nalianna

Insignificant? Seems nonexistent to me! ;)

Yes, Megan3 is my VS main. Nalianna is my other VS char, and a name holder for a char I have in EvE Online.

I guess PS4 is really just an afterthought in a world that is governed by PC...
  6. Cristari

PS4 Ceres is still unavailable,

Guys you need to upvote the original post to get Daybreaks attention, Like everything else they do they won't see the fact that they have left the Ethernet from the login server disconnected from the main servers and will happily sip their coffee during working hours then ignore it while they are at home.

So far server mitigation has cost PS4 Ceres over 24 hrs of downtime. Daybreak are and always have been pathetic at this.

I'll sit back and await the "you have been banned from posting for derogatory comments, try being constructive in your posts" mail.

Well it's hard to be positive when Daybreak are so consistently poor at everything! :mad:
    • Up x 2
  7. Nalianna

I worked in IT for most of my working life. I know about hardware migrations, and what can go wrong. What should NEVER go wrong is connecting the comms up at the end. There is (or should be) always a checklist that includes as a first and last point to disconnect and then reconnect (after testing). Finally, there should always be a test to ensure that the end user can access the system and that it's working fine. I assume that test was actually performed for PC and that they just assumed it was working for PS4 - that's if they even thought of it...

For the record, Ceres is now available...
  8. Klonosz25

I still cant connect to Ceres EU server.
  9. Klonosz25

Ok now its working. Its just had to download the beta for 8 hours in secret.