If you wanna fix Libs, make Rogue hire GMs who know what a Prediction bot LOOKS like

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Feb 24, 2020.

1. iller

The Facts are simple:
    • The actual percentage of the population that can hit a moving target at very long distances even 25% of the time despite "Inheritance" affecting the Projectile .... is extremely small.
    • A lot of those people DON'T PLAY THIS GAME... they can stream the Fad Shooters out there or DOTA and make Clegg tons of cash!
    • Among the inhumanly talented people like that who DO PLAY, not all of them gun for Libs... why would they when AP lightning / MBT's / MAXes offer a much less Janky firing environment?? (esp Magriders)
    • Can't emphasize "Jank" here enough... this is the only situation in the game where a program that automatically normalizes your Vectors regardless of where your PILOT is suddenly turning without warning, is the difference between hitting a close target and missing entirely and then watching the slow reload animation while your d**k gets smaller
    • These companies are all alike... they don't hire people with Hacking experience, they hire FRIENDS with bare minimum Customer-Service experience because the main role of GM to them, has nothing to do with tracking down and carefully investigating Script-Kids. They're mostly only here to force Renames on Trolls and to suspend anyone else who violates the SJW code of Ethics in chat (which Wrel is super Keen on and we all know it!)
    • Some of the players getting away with using these programs, have been doing it for YEARS. No amount of reports against them stops it because the glorified WalMart-Greeters they call their GM's just ignore every single report.
    • Lastly but most importantly!! -- ACCURACY stat means literally nothing in dismissing a Report. Stat dumping exists. Yes false reports flow in by the truck loads, but this is why you hire people to Spectate who have experience WITH these programs so they understand which extremely high KPH players need to be elevated to a full investigation & Memory scan.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

If by projectile inheritance you mean the projectile being affected by speed of Liberator then no, it isn't. A hovering Lib and 200 kph Lib Dalton will behave exactly the same.
    There's nothing janky about gunning a lib if you have a good pilot not some random br 10 you found at the warpgate. Especially when you're both talking on Discord or just using proxy chat.
    So you think someone who has 8000 kills and 4800 vehicle kills with Dalton can't just be very good with it? That's a huge amount of time spent using that weapon = experience = skill.
  3. PlanetBound

My slang isn't up to date. What does GM stand for?
  4. JibbaJabba

The average accuracy for the C150 Dalton is 39%. Also, the vehicle velocity is not imparted on the projectile.

The linked player has 10k kills. They also have an accuracy 15% below average but you are accusing them of using an aimbot?

I don't think your facts are as simple as you think. There are players in this game using cheats but they are few and far between. Customer Service tickets usually get them a vacation or permanent ban within a day and sometimes within minutes. I do not believe the ingame /report feature does crap though. Needs to be a CS ticket.

Keep in mind there are also players in this game that have thousands of hours and some of them have focused on one specialty. The guy you linked sucks at infantry but he's clearly a machine at vehicles. He's probably going to kill you if you come across him in a Lib. That's how planetside works.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rooklie

it stands for Game Master.

I've never seen one in PS2, and as a matter of fact, I think most MMOs . MMORPG don't have them anymore, but a few years ago it was common. They were basically people working for the game (or in some cases, like modereators, player volonteers) who spent time in the game watching and making sure everything was ok.

If someone was "toxic", if someone broke the rules, if there was hackers, or whatever problem, you'd "call a GM" and he often show up with level 99999 and invincibility mode and work to resolve the issue.

___

(fun fact, there was a few cases that hit the headlines where GMs abused of their power or took advantage of their position for "dirty" stuff like cyber sex etc lol)
  6. waystin2

The linked dude obviously knows how to pick his places to eat. Probably runs in a big pack, never found running solo or protection, spawn camps whenever he can. Nothing wrong with that. Every game has them. You just have to know not to feed them...
  7. iller

Why did you quote me, and then ERASE the most emphasized point on the list about Accuracy??

If it wasn't for Bad-Faith debate tactics, Jibba, you wouldn't have anything to say at all, would you?

These two assertions couldn't possibly be MORE CONTRADICTORY. ...If you're good at Aiming at a moving target in the air, then you're good at aiming at a target ANYWHERE. Don't tie yourself in a knot just to over-rationalize this UNTIL you've switched to NC and played against this type or player or even the individual in question. ...THEN I'll be more than happy to see your entire point of view via you providing Videos of the exchange (b./c I can't capture it with OBS myself, my Frames drop too much). By all Means! Show Me how it's Done! ;)

SWING AND A MISS!! They're almost ALWAYS in the back lines completely solo, no ESF support. Haka now is a very small outfit of non-Westerners that's been around for a very long time on connery but has also mysteriously seen a great number of its members either Pruned or Culled (DBG would never be honest and tell us which). They mostly FARM small fights of less capable players while also mysteriously and instantly finding loners and ANTs or just about anyone who's just practicing stuff in non-combat hexes and repeatedly destroying them. IE: if you're in render range, it doesn't MATTER if there's a mountain between you, they B-line for you
  8. JibbaJabba

1. You posted a wall of text and it was tiresome to read the first time.
    2. I don't take issue with everything you say.
    3. I don't wish to have discussion about everything you say.
    4. The original is still there, no deception would be possible nor was any intended.
    5. Your point on accuracy isn't as grand as you seem to think it is.

Sorry, but no. There are people in this game that devote to vehicle and suck at infantry. Accuracy in one, while helpful, does not automatically translate to success in the other. If you can't accept this basic premise then I'm not going to devote effort to convincing you.

Furthermore, I'm not accepting your shifted burden of proof. You think the guy is hacking, prove it. It's not up to me to prove he's not. Post your own videos if you want.

And finally, I don't need to switch to NC to see players like this. All 3 factions have them. There are people that specialize in stuff and when you come across them in their element they are gonna clown you. Might be that guy that does nothing but Ambusher+1hit knife. That guy that does nothing but cloaked flashes and mostly indoors. Or yeah... it might be the guy who just solo Daltons all day every day when he logs in.

(..and FYI I already have an ASP 100 NC that's mostly retired)[/quote]
  9. Fisheyed

The facts appear to be biased.
  10. ObiVanuKenobi

Infantry and Dalton aiming is very different. When playing infantry you know exactly where you have to aim unless you're sniping and you must be able to track your target. With Dalton you only need 1 shot and you have to look at what trajectory your target is moving, how far it is and how fast it's moving.
  11. Towie

Ok so the dood in question has a youtube channel under dndmackey

I wouldn't say that posting videos means he is legit (in fact we have other examples to prove that some people posting videos are not legit) - but - i'm struggling on this one.

His stats are showing obscene kill streaks with the Dalton but that probably says more about the Dalton (and Liberator in general) than it does about him.
    So for me - the jury is out. AND anyone who knows me also knows that I am the very first to admit that PS2 is plagued by cheats. If he is - he's smarter than the norm.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

**** mask.