Looking forward to the fixes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Mar 10, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I didn't do the test server because to many times in the past when I reported issues they never got fixed, so I left it to the folks that had the time and patience to address them, since I have been with Planetside since the first one.

In spite of this, I am sincerely looking forward to the particle, smoke, lighting and muzzle flash fixes. In the new update I see that Vendors could be interesting but when you have as much stuff as I have acquired over the years the shelves currently look bleak.

Personally, I don't see anything redeeming in Outfit Wars, The Community Hub or War Assets. Essentially we still somehow had Arena shoved down our throats, just in a different fashion and no new maps, except for those that will qualify. That leaves many out.
    • Up x 2
  2. Rooklie

Even though I did read all the patch notes, there's so much stuff I think it's impossible to tell ahead of time how it will play out.

The other thing is, and I don't have a source for this, but I'm pretty sure a dev said it on these forums, I think that this is "only the beginning". As I understand it, it's the first of many to come.

I hope so at any rate :)
  3. Scrundle

I'm glad to see that they've finally taken away point control capability from cloaked units, that's a change that in the grand scheme of things doesn't do a whole lot but will make some annoying low pop situations a little less annoying.

All the other stuff, including the big floating ESF spawner, doesn't really interest me.
    • Up x 3
  4. MonnyMoony

I think after this update, the devs need to concentrate on some bug fixes (floating mines etc) and fixing some of the cheesy gameplay mechanics/exploits (like ADAD and crouch spam etc).

I think the game would play so much better and feel fairer if these types of exploits were diminished in effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

A few interesting changes (finally stalker trolls can’t contest points)!!!!

And maybe the critical change bug and a few other nuisances will be fixed.

As for the rest, not sure it’ll impact the daily game, and there’s only a 3-4 large enough outfits on each server to actually benefit from the update.

Really think they should have focused on Oshur or reversing the combined arms patch that was an utter failure. Still, if the patch can be implemented without frying the servers, I won’t mind too much I guess. It’s good to see some new and returning players from this patch also, although who knows how long they’ll stay.

Not wishing bad on the game, I love it, but I’m still not sure some priorities are set straight (hence this update meant to bring back and attract new players, yet there is no proper new player experience).
  6. OneShadowWarrior

They are way overdue on new maps.