What's going on here?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Rooklie

So I made a thread about something similar, I don't know if it's the same or not. This was a while back and I made a 17 second video :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...on-here-17-second-video-teleportation.253049/

No one knew what was going on, and when I made a ticket to support asking about it, they didn't say anything except that they were dealing with it (which to me, basically meant that the guy was cheating).

This time, the guy doesn't seem to be dropping from a pod, and at any rate, this is inside a buildling .....

Sooooooooo

Anyone can tell me what is going on here? :)

2. BrbImAFK

I'm no expert, but that looks like a lag switch kicking in to me.
    • Up x 2
  3. Rooklie

I've no idea what that is, but I know what lag is, would it really make him appear like that? Out of nowhere? plus, did you see his legs? lol
  4. gunnner10

5. Rooklie

What kind?

Also, I don't know much about it, but he's using more than one isn't he?

Lastly, anyone notice how I suddenly look away? To the left? I always assumed this was on my side, maybe some dust on my mouse captor or something, but given the circumstances I was wondering if there could exist such a cheat, that makes you look away? Sounds really weird I know...
  6. JibbaJabba

Yeah dude had his outbound packets throttled until he began to fire. Probably came running from behind that wall on the left but during the run the server wasn't getting packets.

It can also be on your end as well. Stuff like this should be *super* infrequent. I'll see something "hackish" like this maybe once every couple months (on Emerald). If you see it frequently like every session then it could be on your end and not actually a hacker.
  7. Rooklie

This happens all the time .... it's just now and then I'm like "wait, I've got Shadow Play, let me check that"

Honestly, happens all the time, by that I mean every day. (not all day, like once or twice every day).

Thing is, a lot more suspicious stuff than this happens, I honestly took the time to check the video cause the guy literally appeared on my screen out of nowhere, it's kind of hard not to notice, but there's tons of stuff that happens even more frequently.

I used to think I could tell an aimbot from a legit player, cause I did fight lots of confirmed aimbotters (for example, they don't usually fire in bursts, cause they don't need to) but these days, I swear, I really can't tell anymore..
  8. Johannes Kaiser

This little dance he did looked fascinating. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

I have no explanation for what happened, but I do reckon that player was a professional dancer before the war.
    • Up x 2
  10. Rooklie

I spend 20 minutes looking for a youtube video of someone dancing like that but I couldn't remember the name of that kind of dance and in the end, I gave up. :(

Although, I did find this, it isn't perfect, but as close as I could find :)

11. JibbaJabba

*cringe* yuck man! Hate to hear that.
    Not sure what server you are on or what your time of day is.
    I'm Emerald and like I said stuff like this is super rare. once a month if that? I'm usually on primetime until maybe 1am.
    Usually when I see it, it's a for realsies hacker that does something else obvious or I see multiple people doing it at once indicating the server is acting up.

How is your own network connection?

Not sure what your networking kung-fu is like but this is what you're facing:
    It's UDP not TCP so no retransmits to aid in spotting packet loss. The server is gonna send a udp packet every 15ms like clockwork so if you look for jitter in a network capture you'll be able to see where packetloss is likely to be found. (like long stretch of no packets followed by many compress into <15ms timeframe). Inbound loss is what would cause what you're seeing...if it's not hacking.

Also, I would think an aimbot would still need to burst unless it also hacks CoF.
  12. Rooklie

I'm on Cobalt, born and raised !

I've had a lot of free time lately (like A LOT of free time lol). Normally when it's like this, I play more than one MMO at the same time, or, I play MMORPGs (I prefer them to shooters), but there aren't any I like right now, so I've been on PS2 exclusively, and I've been playing a lot, as in, night time, day time, morning, evening, whatever.

That might explain why I encounter more of these, simply because I'm online more.