Share your funny PS2 stories!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villainous Hydrosa, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Villainous Hydrosa

I was thinking back on some of my fond, funny moments in PS2, and thought to myself; "I wonder what other fun stuff over people have happened to them?" So here your chance, folks! Let's share some stories!
  2. Villainous Hydrosa

One time I was on my NC on Hossin, just sniping from up a mountain. The base I was at got taken by the VS, so I was just sniping anyone that gave me the chance. Looked over at the point and saw one guy with his light on, so I was gonna snipe him..... Then I realized he was shining a light on his infil buddy, and they were screwing around. So I sniped his cloaked, shining, friend, and he ran away, possibly laughing, and I fell off the cliff because I was laughing so hard I hit W.

Good times. =u=
    • Up x 2
  3. PlanetBound

Somebody in command chat said "Good job command" after we won the alert.
  4. FLHuk

I fondly recall going full pelt in a sundy over bumpy ground and when I pressed left it actually went left.

Just the once but it has always stuck with me.
    • Up x 3
  5. TRspy007

I uncovered this nc sunderer and there were like 50 guys charging at me but not firing (like vr training), I mowed them all all down until I ran out of ammo with all my weapons, and fell back to reload - where I got sniped by a friendly.
    • Up x 2
  6. That_One_Kane_Guy

I remember me and a couple friends got our sundie stuck at the bottom of the hill by one of the warpgates and spend an inornate amount of time trying to drive it back up before eventually sliding all the way down into OOB and dying. We were all super-new to the game and had no idea that we could have redeployed and saved ourselves, or that we didn't even need to drive all the way from the WG to begin with.
    • Up x 2
  7. Towie

Oh I always remember the time I seeded an AV turret just in time for the friendly (and full) Sundy that I had vacated (to be the 'hero' and shoot the nasty Lightning attacking us) to drive over the emerging turret, killing Sundy and all inside.

'What happened' they all shouted. 'No idea' was my response.
    • Up x 2
  8. Johannes Kaiser

Jumping off Crown in a Harasser, and hitting a Scythe on the way down, using it as an opportunity to boost a bit (think we ended up near the solar collectors). Pilot probably got a heart attack. :D
    • Up x 1
  9. FLHuk

• Up x 3
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Yesterday on NC jumped on a window ledge from outside to shoot a mans on point, a friendly did the same on the exact same spot, none of us saw each other until we dropped dead from mutual team kill. Just NC things.
    • Up x 2
  11. frozen north

My funniest happened before the mine changes against harassers. Me and a friend were running around pissing the crap out of a group of infantry around a sundie. They eventually dropped a good 5 or 6 mines around the sundie, at which point we plowed past, using their mines to defeat the sundy.
    • Up x 2
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

13. icufos

Not exactly a funny story but more a WTF! is going on story...

Unlike any other FPS I've ever played have come across in PS2 large groups of 'soldiers' lining up in formation.
    It takes them a few minutes to get into formation and then they all point their guns into the air and fire?

It looks great and amuses me no end...in fact it makes my day.:p

Incidentally your name, 'Villainous Hydrosa' is both unique and fantastic all at the same time.;)
    • Up x 1
  14. Broffensive

Not any particular story, but getting tells from infiltrators who cloaked and then stood still, being shot in the head, saying something along the lines of "how u kil me while invis" is always a beautiful experience.
    • Up x 2
  15. AlcyoneSerene

So true. Just yesterday it happened. I told him to ask a certain player if he has darklight equipped right now cause he didn't believe me that's how I spotted him on the vehicle terminal shining. Also not doubting his question, on his end with this flawed/strained netcode not a surprise at all he didn't even see the darklight shining before death.
  16. Villainous Hydrosa

With Escalation now out, let's hear some more stories, people!