i would pay 50$ or more to be able to not see others pink camo.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Katshina, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Katshina

as somone who has partial colorblindess i literally can not tell the ridiculious pink camo from VS/TR colors at certain lightings (sunlit VS / shaded TR) and it creates such a horrible experience for me seeing somone at 100m+ and shooting them only to tk somone, or worse, taking 2+ seconds to register a purplish pink blob in the distance isn't my faction and then dying to them.

I dont want to spawn a p2w debate or any kind of nonsense, i just would literally do anything at this point to not have to suffer so tragically to such a significant disruption of the clearly intended visual balance camo is supposed to have. i know the vast majority of vets run pink camo because they KNOW for certain it causes others to hesitate and stall their shot, i KNOW so many players abuse this because they know it will give them a significant advantage, but why not give us the option to hide cosmetics or at least camos, it'd also make the games performance run way better for lower end machines, since they would only need to load stock assets
  2. Wadelma

I second this. Pink color should be VS exclusive. I get confused more often than not with that color and overall it takes away from what little immersion there is left in the game.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Agreed I have shot fellow TR or NC accidentally so many times mistaking them for Vanu.
  4. IVANPIDORVAN

As partially colourblind person i rely on doritos above heads. Dark red thin lines for me equal to black so i played 2600hours as TR shoting blues and blues. Yep, NC and VS had literally no difference to me. So i can suggest you to stop identifying enemies by their camo, since a lot more than just pink ones is shared across all 3 factions (i can remember at least giraffe camo right now).
    No dorito = enemy. If someone has dorito = check it's colour, not camo.
  5. Bragg

Simple solution which i would totally accept, give us client side option disable all this vanity crap what if floating out there. Revert all units to their vanilla mode.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wadelma

All well and good in medium to long ranges but where it really counts is when you are in CQB and see a pink person pop up around the corner. You have maybe 0.1 sec to correctly ID him. If you don't you lose the firefight. Spotting and/or looking for the dorito takes too long, you need to be able to ID a foe in an instant when you see them in those situations. Amids night or chaos of a 96+ fight it can be hard to tell, especially when it comes to bundle armors or infiltrators.
  7. Yavimaya

100%

This is why (real) camo is actually valuable. It doesnt take long at short/med ranges to correctly ID your enemy, but during those crucial split seconds, or at long ranges, camo can make or break a situation.
  8. Pelojian

they aren't gonna let you disable other people's cosmetics on your screen, defeats the purpose of cosmetics.

learn to identify by model design, not texture,
  9. Yavimaya

That works real well with all the mtx armor and helmet types out there.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

aight .. let´s disable all the other camo´s as well, specialy white, black, desert- and forrest-/grass- styles ....
  11. AlcyoneSerene

Don't know about others and only speak for myself, I use pink camo on VS since it actually looks cool with those colors and it's something I waited for a long time for and paid real cash for. I may use it again on TR & NC but more selectively.

I don't see it as an advantage but the opposite, attracts attention from the enemy and makes you more visible against backgrounds. So far don't find it leading to more incoming friendly fire, and can shrug off the tiny bit from new players who are still learning. Enemies do not hesitate to shoot on me, and really new players will very likely lose anyways.

That said, I do sympathize to making the game more accessible to different needs and it should be achievable somehow without neutralizing cosmetics. I play or used to play with others who also could use more in-game visual cues to try to level the playing field to them especially regarding audio, and I don't think it would give an unfair advantage to them if the same information conveyed by audio is made more clear visually, same as with color perception, or whatever else.
  12. Bragg

Why, players dont know who has disabled vanity items from their side of the game. Illusion is still there that they think everyone will see their vanity items.
    And most players just show vanity items to enlarge their electronic manhood. Or they think they gain advantage over other players by some vanity items.

There is distinctive difference in style, sound and voices on each faction. Makes IFF quite easy, and vanity items cannot disable this.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wadelma

Sounds good, doesn't work 100%. There are some helmets and armors shared across all 3 factions.
    • Up x 1
  14. Liewec123

Simple solution, just shoot them,
    If they're an enemy, well done, you killed an enemy!
    If they're an ally, they deserve it for wearing pink.
    • Up x 3
  15. Pelojian

if they are wearing cross factional armor and helmets, hit Q to spot or shoot them once.
    ether way you will find out if they are an enemy or not.

faction ID shouldn't be hard once you have experience.
    • Up x 1
  16. Yavimaya

the real solution
    • Up x 1
  17. Wadelma

Oh for regular armors it's not a problem at all, 1000hrs logged on steam at least and who knows how much on the standalone launcher. No stranger to all this anymore, just voicing experiences :)

If you read previous replies you would find context to this. In CQB where life is shorter than 0.3 seconds taking that extra time to spot and look for the dorito is not always that doable. The other guy will have the advantage because he uses a cross faction armor with a confusing camo buying him extra time. It's not a problem about ID:ing with q, that is easy as all hell. It's just that if I have to go through extra steps to ID him correctly instead of us being on equal footing, there's a problem somewhere. Pink is too close to the vibrant colors used by VS which is the issue for most I've spoken to.

Easy solution would be to shoot first and ask later but that's just asking for weaponlocks and not really fun to be on the receiving end of. I'm sure the opponents would like it though...
    • Up x 1
  18. Katshina

2 things:

1. if the inital intention of the devs was for players to only identify by shilouette then we would have been given access to whatever color we wanted, period.
    2. i never advocated bypassing other camos, it's just the henious pink camo that's an issue. other camos maintain their ES color tints and elements, pink does not. pink camo was a horrendus mistake, and im not even trying to say "take away pink it's unfair" i dont want to ruin other player's experience of the game. i want to be able to ******* play myself with out having to question if every teamate is an enemy, that should not be much to ask.

if your reaction to this is that you should maintain pink camo under these circumstsances then it's clear the only reason you want to use it is because you want me to mistake you for a freindly, which is just shameful. there's a reason people refer to it as "troll camo". if DBG removed it and refunded people i'd be happy but im not advocating that. i dont want to take anything away from people, i just want to be able to not have a NC soldier be completley indisignusihable from a VS/TR soldier wearing pink at distances, sure my issues are my own, and that's an accessibility issue, but not the basis in which im asking DBG to cater to me. Pink camo is a serious problem for everyone, not just those who are colorblind.
  19. Pelojian

1) i suggest you look at the creation of various camos over the years and DBG's 'oops' look a giraffe camo originally you could troll NC with it, then there was that purplish/tealish cross faction camos which let people pretend to be vanu, then there is the black camo which let people pretend to be VS.

pink isn't even a faction color, the wide range of cross faction camos which do not have variation across faction have existed for a long time, it's well past time vets should be able to tell the difference visually or through q spot if someone is an ally or enemy,

blocking one camo from your screen is no different then selectively blocking the rest from DBG's perspective
    if you can block someone's camo you've basically made them pay for a camoless camo.

i don't own pink camo, as a company they are not going to let you disable someone's camo on your screen and removing and refunding people's camos would be worse.

the purpose in game cosmetics is the player and everyone else sees them and it gives the company revenue. people buying cosmetics and wearing specific combinations to piss people off isn't new.

also even before all these camos were added, it was still child's play to trick other players for a few seconds with similar helmets and some reasonable colored camo like desert camo etc (Djinn Mask/Bahamut Mask/Ifrit Mask)

even if pink camo didn't exist there are still a fair few bright camos that can fool you and offend your eyes and plenty more reasonable camo that will still fool you.

face it your problem isn't IDing enemies it's the fact you hate the bright pink coloring.