This is not looking to good

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Mar 3, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Constant delays on a update, VS and TR facing lots of technical issues with NC running massively overpopped on several servers, where are the NSO’s to help with pop imbalances?

It doesn’t take much of a genius to figure out that the weapons that rack the highest damage with easily controllable recoil is the best way to go.

Rogue Planet is like a restaurant with bad food, to fix it they just put up a sign “under new management” for a remedy.
  2. Demigan

So if NC has always been the best way to go why has NC been the bottom faction for 99% of the game's life?

And anyone who's going to say teamwork is going to need to prove it beyond anecdotal "I've seen it". Because I cant find any proof anywhere that supports differences in skill.
    • Up x 2
  3. icufos

It's looking great.
    You need to look on the bright side.

With the extra pop it's been nothing short of amazing.
    I had almost no lag. Greatly improved.

Try using this big a*** gun.. AM7 Archer. Should make you smile.
    Guessing your in the 30's, maybe 34?
    • Up x 1
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Personally I prefer a delayed update that works properly to a rushed update that breaks the game.
    Like?
    New players tend to gravitate to the NC as their first choice, and they do not have to wait in queue which likely means that the NSO pop is insufficient to offset the high numbers of newbies.
    I guess that's why the SAW is widely regarded as the best starter LMG, and why nobody used the Cyclone again after the Gladius came out, and why guns like the Carnage, Anchor and GD-7F never get used.
    • Up x 5
  5. JibbaJabba

*sign* before you start obliging people to prove stuff to you, start by proving your own statements.

NC has always been the best way to go for 99% of the games life?

Yeah, prove that one first and we'll go from there. :p
  6. AlcyoneSerene

I think one faction being massively overpopped isn't really a problem as the other two can focus them - even if they don't, the asymmetrical balance is supposed to account for it.

What I think would be a problem is one faction constantly underpopped - something the VS have had in the past on my server, now somewhat applicable to TR though it's hard to say as there's natural fluctuations.
  7. Demigan

I have done so for much of the game's life.

But since you bring it up: Where's the proof of "VS/TR technical issues" and that the easiest recoil+high damage is the best way to go in PS2's depth of shooting mechanics? Start by proving that please...
  8. JibbaJabba

Take it up with the guy who made the statements.
  9. Demigan

my bad, only looked at the icons.

Regardless, why should I have to redo the proof that has been given by me and other players already over and over again (which I redo already do in many cases!) just because someone else hasn't got the capacity to look up that my statements are true?
    And even in the threads where the undeniable proof has been given the usual reaction is to either ignore it, nitpick it, hyperbole it, misinterpret it or to come with one insignificant number from somewhere else and say that that debunks everything ("but look at how well my stats do!" for example). So how much would it be worth to prove the same thing again?
  10. OneShadowWarrior

Right now server pop on Connery - 30% Vanu, 29% TR, 41% NC.

I see the same on Emerald, where after 6 pm Pacific it get’s overzerged by NC.

I know I can’t be the only one seeing this.

Why aren’t Nanite Systems Operatives balancing the populations?

Maybe there should be a 24 hour lock on which Faction you can login.
  11. Johannes Kaiser

NSO can't balance that much because there aren't many. Creating a new char loses you the stuff you have on other ones. Add to that that it's "members only" and there you got the answer.
  12. Onical

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Onical

god this website is buggy for me. i cant edit my post...

https://www.ps2alerts.com/ is the source and i misread that i tought you asked for proof that NC was doing poorly for most of the games lifetime.
  14. Demigan

If you are on mozzila firefox you need to hit "edit" and then "more options". Otherwise the edit screen will remain unreadable. You can also only edit within 30min after posting (which you tried)