Battles on more territories

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Feb 28, 2020.

1. elkikko92

[IMG]

In every continents, with lattice system, I see the some battles on the same territories. My idea to fix this problem is: when a continent is unlocked every faction begin with 3 facilities: one near the own warpgate and two in the other side of the continent.
    For example, when the continent is unlocked VANU has: Dahaka Amp station, Peris Amp station and Tawrich Tech Plant.
    I think this can improve the variety of battles, you have to defend and attack more territories.
    What do you think?
    Sorry for english
    • Up x 2
  2. Rooklie

(like the tired old men with no hair left on their heads say as scratch their chin)

It wasn't alllllways like this ! I remember the good old days when we would fight allll over the map (and yes that included the lattice system).

But honestly, personally, some of my favourite bases are close to the warpgate and so, particularly with Indar, I rarely have the opportunity to fight there..

But that ^ was all off topic, sorry, on topic, population, fights, and population "flow" is super mega complicated to really understand and :

a) I feel this idea might have a detrimental effect on the overall balance of population (count and flow) because ;

b) what you are seeking, is better fights, or more fun or interesting fights, or simply different fights, but (and even though this has changed a lot overy the past year or two) PS2 isn't, or at least, it wasn't supposed to be a game where you only "just fight" for no reason. You can just fight for no reason, but it isn't just that. So :

c) Sometimes, if you want to fight somewhere else, all it takes is for you to go to the vehicle terminal, pull a sundy, and drive to the base..
    • Up x 2
  3. elkikko92

I'm really bored because we have the same battles in only 5-6 territories of the continent.
    With my suggestion I think we can see diversified battle situations.
    It's very simple to implement: maybe we can try this on PLANETSIDE TEST SERVER?
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Indar is the worst when it comes to that. Around 50% of bases remain unused, especially in the southeast of the map.
  5. FLHuk

See now this is interesting.

My memory of the SE of Indar from 2012 till rotating warp gates is I've seen more than enough of it to last me two lifetimes :D
  6. Pikachu

What you no like having fights focused on the same bases over and over?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. elkikko92

Maybe everytime a continent is unlocked, the initial territory disposition is different (devs create a lot of pattern ); so we could have different battle everytime!
    Pattern exemples:
    1) my first post
    2) Pikachu post
    3)... please post your continent initial territory suggestion
    • Up x 1
  8. elkikko92

nobody cares?
  9. Blam320

You're going to have better luck posting on Reddit. The official forums are very close to dead.
  10. Pikachu

I wish others would draw their own heat maps. :D

I try to make one for Esamir. I haven't played in years.
    [IMG]