Has this ever happened to anyone? (26 second video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Rooklie

Watch the top of the screen, where it says "secure" as I am currently at C holding the point with a stalker.

Is it a new feature? A new capping rule introducing recently?

2. TRspy007

First of all, dont be stalker infil, play a fun and fair class.

Check if the territory was connected, you can't cap if you have no adjacent territory.
  3. Rooklie

ok here we go, 2 points, shouldn't be too hard :)

1. I dont play infiltrator, I think anyone who plays infiltrator is a Wussy with a capital W ! :)

In the video, I was literally cooking food, so leaving my stalker somewhere we he might be usefull (even when AFK I supporting my faction!!!)

2. Why are you telling me I can't cap?

I've capped ALREADY....
  4. Leidz

Maybe enemy have capped the base who locked your base point the same time you captured it. Or simply just a visual bug. Can happen sometimes .
  5. Maddens

It's perfectly normal situation.
    You capped only 1 od 3 points, so the base capture timer didn't even trigger.
    In this case enemy can flip the point on another base in the lattice, hence you saw 'resetting the point' you was sitting on.
    • Up x 3
  6. Rooklie

Nope, I capped C first, checked the map, then went to the kitchen to get my food :)
  7. Rooklie

No it isn't, otherwise I wouldn't make a thread about it. If you cap one of 3 points, and all the bases around you get taken by the enemy, the point you capped doesn't reset and you can cap the other 2 points and take the base.

I've done it a million times, trust me..

It's got nothing to do with the base timer. (not to mention that the base timer did trigger anyway because previously, I did cap the other points).

Unless, and this is the point of the thread, they (recently) changed the capping rules?
  8. LodeTria

The VS took back B & C, long enough to reset the timer to 0.
    If they had someone at the next lattice bases, they would be allowed to start capping them. Once the timer starts in the other base(s), the points at Quartz would lock up and prevent you capping them. This is probably why it changed back to VS and you got the red capture message.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rooklie

DO I REALLY HAVE TO MAKE A VIDEO ABOUT ME CAPPING ONE POINT AND THEN THE ENEMY BACK CAPPING AND EVEN TAKING THE BASE WITHOUT ME LOSING THAT POINT?

DO I REALLY HAVE TO MAKE A VIDEO ABOUT THIS? SERIOUSLY?

Have you guys never ever back capped before? like never?

I mean, honestly, it takes 20 seconds to watch a video, it takes a very much longer time than that to make one.

And it isn't the first time, but if I spend the time making one, and show you people, then everyone'll be like :

"oh yeah"

but this isn't about cheating, it isn't about hacks, it's ******* simple, plz dont make me make a video for such a simple thing... seriously.
  10. TRspy007

Proving both of my points. No skill needed to play a stalker. If you're going to go afk, you can't really help your team (unless you have a perfect spawn deployed for them maybe), that's why you're AFK!!!! Redeploy, cook your food, and then play again. Instead of pretending like you're an essential piece to your faction just sitting in a corner somewhere doing nothing, trying to ghost cap a point.

Also, once they cap the base, all points automatically reset. You couldn't cap again probably because you have no connected territories.
  11. Rooklie

jesus, ok you know what? First off, I'm droping the stalker thing, cause you're either trolling me on this, or really confused about stuff lol, anyway.

Since you, and (it seems quite a few others) don't understand, I drew you a picture :)

[IMG]

Damnit, I forgot to put the numbers for the timeline, well, let's put it here : (1 happens first, 3 happens last)

1. I cap one of the points in Nortpoint Station

2. Enemy faction goes round and through Mani Lake Satellite then takes the biolab and in the end

3. they take Mani Fortress.

This whole time, the point I capped is there.

Next they start pushing towards the western warpgate (Haven Outpost) and I cap the other 2 points on North point.

________

Let's be clear about this, I'm not going to make a video about it, because it's too time consuming. What takes time is actually going out and finding an opportunity to do this since there are so many elements that you can not control.

So either you take my word for it, or you don't, but I'm telling you, I've done this for years, I've done this a million times, I do this all the time.

I cap a point, I get back capped on all fronts, the capped point DOES NOT NORMALLY RESET!
  12. PlanetBound

Backcapping is an art. Please don't defile it. :)
  13. Rooklie

Hey, that's what I was gona say !

But seriously, none of you here has ever capped one point out of 3 before the previous base got capped by the enemy as they came from another connected base?

I mean, if you guys aren't even aware of this, then, basically, and I'm really trying to be nice and polite, then you all lack a hell of a lot of experience lol
  14. Gooyoung

To be fair, very few people actually ghostcaps like this, but this is definitely not a hack

Is there a mercy timer for the enemy to backcap you instead? What's the condition of the connecting lattice when this happens?
    Actually I am pretty sure the game have some mechanic to prevent stalker infil abuse in holding 3 point cap during low pop hours to make the enemy stuck in that 3 point base and unable to advance unless all 3 stalker infil is defeated

Don't think this scenario happened to many people
  15. Rooklie

Usually it isn't done for ghost capping. Unless you've got a team, and you're doing it for fun, cause as soon as the timer starts running, nothing is stopping an member of the enemy faction from spawning there and defending the base.

It's done, usually, as a defensive move.

For example, if a base has two enemy base connections, and your faction is pushing to one of them (happens a lot for example with Echo Valley), if the 2nd connection has more than one point (like Watersons), then you cap one of them.

It means that if the enemy tries to cap Echo Valley while you're pushing (in this example) East River Sky, then they will set up sundies routers and so on, but then when they reach A, will be unable to cap it.

It's not a "solution", but it buys time, and time, as anyone who's tried saving a base and managed to do so within the last 5 seconds will tell you) is really important.
  16. PlanetBound

There must be something to do with timing. On a single point base I've seen it where I'm bringing the capture progress bar down and it resets before it reaches the point it goes green. That doesn't seem right either.
  17. Rooklie

What is happening in your situation, is that you are capping the A point at the same time as your enemy is capping the A point of the next base, except he caps just a little bit before you.

So you both start capping, you both see the A point converting, but whoever started first, even if it's a split second before, will finish capping first, and that's when it becomes "locked". (super frustrating when you know it means that there was like less than one second difference in time)

(edit -> and THATS the issue this thread is pointing at ; once you've capped, you're locked, meaning that if it's a single connection lattice, the enemy can not cap the next base. If the previous friendly base has 2 enemy connections (including the one you capped), that base isn't locked, they can cap it, they can even take it, but the one you capped stays locked ..... that's how you see people fighting for Echo Valey and/or Watersons and/or Saero and/or Nott and/or East River at the same time with timers running at teh same time.

ie.... normally, a capped point does not reset, it ONLY resets if you haven't entirely finished capping it. and as you can see from the video, not only is the point capped, but I'm bloody sitting at the point as well!!! lol)
    • Up x 1
  18. Fisheyed

It's not a new feature.