[Suggestion] Empire Strenght: The Indar problem (and how to solve it)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Coliax

As you all might know it takes years to start an alert on indar because no fraction really wins or looses mutch ground. Thats just how indar is desinged. So my solutuion is simple. If an alert ends in a draw give every empire x empire strenght (i'm thinking here about something like 5). This will assure that sooner or later a Alert will be triggered. The Problem on inder is that is very unlikely for one fraction to A warpgate a 2. fraction or B cap and hold a major base (tachplant biolap ampstation). Because of this those alerts that request you to cap major bases end in most cases in a draw. So the only way how you can start and alert is by the air and max alert (so 2 out of 5)

TL;DR : Draw in alert = 5 (or less) strenght for every fraction so that we dont have 7 hours indarside 2
    • Up x 3
  2. Rooklie

First of all, that isn't how Indar is designed. It's how the new strength system is designed.

Before the strength system, to over simplify, a faction needed 41% territory control to trigger an alert. And though it's true that that often happened a lot slower than on other continents, it still happened within a reasonable time, and a lot faster than now. So it isn't Indar bases and lattices, although you could argue that "given the alert system (strength)", then yeah, it's how Indar is.

There's so many issues with Indar. The devs have been having trouble tweaking it since 2013, but I got to say that today it's a lot worse. Basically, everyone go to Ti Alloyds, or the Crown, and just sit there for ever and ever while a few outfits try to push or defend other bases.

But I agree with your main point though, the time it takes for an Alert to trigger on Indar is stupidly long. I never counted precisely, but I've often seen it open for more than 8 hours, only to trigger in the end, cause it's off peak and bases get ghost capped.
    • Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

Finish Hossin while they're at it
  4. Yavimaya

Very appropriate and subtle idea OP. Devs should give you a cookie.