Is Oshur still coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moises J.Ramos, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Moises J.Ramos

Its been a while since the last stream, and i did not hear anything about Oshur. I am hype about Escalation, but did they say or will they at all be bringing more continents?
    • Up x 2
  2. Johannes Kaiser

In another thread I read they canned it. Can't give you citation, though, forgot which one that was.
    • Up x 1
  3. TRspy007

For now they put it aside.
  4. Pikachu

Like they did with Searhus, Nexus, Desolation, Ascension, ES buggies and ES tank turrets.
    • Up x 5
  5. ican'taim

Desolation is coming this update.
    Ascension was never developed.
    Only a few ingame models were found for Searhus.
    The only ES buggy that even entered development was the Thresher (VS buggy).
    I have a weird feeling that Nexus will be used for Outfit wars later.
    • Up x 1
  6. ican'taim

Oshur was canned, but since the dev team has more freedom now they might do something with Oshur after Escalation.
  7. Pikachu

Do they call the new space continent thing Desolation? Anyway Ascension and Desolation were the planned names for the 2 other battle islands for which the devs were experimenting with map types in 2014. I count that as development.

Prop models, a skyfile (document for sky settings) and map data (base locations and radius etc) for Searhus were found.

I remember reading somewhere that the buggies were finished. In the files you could see interior of thresher and cosmetics for at least one of the others.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

very true. I really wanted searhus, but I guess not lool
  9. Riekopo

I just started playing the game again since like 2014. There are two things that might prevent me from staying with it. The lack of new and interesting maps and the fact that the graphics are literally worse than when I played 6 years ago.
  10. Pikachu

Oshur is put on indefinite hold according to Wrel.

43:09
  11. IVANPIDORVAN

this interview contains answer to your question, i am not gonna give you timings because i don't know them and because if you can't spend one hour of your precious life for this - you are not deserve to have answers for your questions anyway.