Router abuse : placing router on friendly base directly under green dot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Rooklie

This makes it impossible to click on the base green dot, and forces everyone to click on the router green dot instead.

There's no counter to it, because routers are invulnerable to friendly fire.

It's done by players who want to obtain a certain spawn count for their router directive.

The biggest issue (for me) is that it prevents me from using the vehicle quick access.
  2. Skraggz

You can click on the left side of the screen, but yes it is being abused.
    • Up x 8
  3. JibbaJabba

Yeah, select your base from the list on the left.

But yeah router guys. The most epic worst is the "tree router" on hossin. You can wreck a whole base offense/defense with that. Basically take every player who touches it offline for 30 seconds while they respawn twice...and that's the entire friendly force sometimes.

I think they need to allow friendly fire on routers, even if it's highly mitigated to prevent accidents. It let's the playerbase self-police some like back when routers could be slid into stairs.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rooklie

I don't know about that to be honest. I mean, when it's used "properly", it's role is crucial. Not only that, but it very often is used at or next to the A point where grenades, rockets, a lot of fire and rez greandes and c4 is being spammed, you couldn't use it in that siutation if friendly fire was on.
  5. adamts01

Is there any way around this? I saw a friendly Deci then finish off with his rifle a friendly router and it disappeared maybe a week ago. Was it just an insane coincidence that the router guy placed another one somewhere else? Did this HA destroy his own router?
  6. JibbaJabba

No idea.

Have not tried to destroy my own. Have tried to destroy others but only with primary fire, not a deci. In fact I kinda count on the mechanic sometimes. I run infra vision a lot and it's not obvious which is friendly or enemy so I shoot to be sure.