Now Maintenance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by k9delta, Feb 7, 2020.

1. k9delta

I was playing, then i was told 15 minutes to maintenance. And now i can't play.
    What , how long? Haven't seen any messages of this, does anyone have any info?
  2. PlanetBound

The duration of the downtime is usually stated in hours with an hour defined as 180 minutes.
    • Up x 3
  3. BrbImAFK

While PlanetBound's answer is both hilarious *and* more accurate than RPG is likely comfortable with, I can't help but wonder how "scheduled maintenance" can take place without it actually *being* scheduled... or communicated to the community... or other stuff like that...

[edit] Oh wait... they announced it on Twitter. Now I'm sure that's appropriate for Twits (or whatever you call the denizens of such places), but WTF is there not at least an announcement on the official forums as well... you know.... 'cause they're the *official* forums?! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  4. TRspy007

Yeah pretty confused about how they communicate to us. All the news is on twitter, the forums only get the big updates. So basically, if you don't have twitter, you're in the dark
  5. k9delta

Well, they notified the maintenance in-game, 15 minutes before it. It's enough
  6. BrbImAFK

Don't forget Reddit...

Basically, if you want to keep up to date you have to monitor three different platforms :
    • Ultra-official major stuff happens on the forums (and probably Reddit and Twitter).
    • Official but non-major stuff happens on Twitter (and probably Reddit)
    • Unofficial stuff happens on Reddit.
    Is it just me, or is this vaguely bonkers?
    • Up x 1