[Suggestion] Allow me to know if my sundy still exists if I'm not near by

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Rooklie

I could add a lot moresuggestions, like, allowing me to know when I can redeploy and spawn at my sundy, or when (for whatever reason) I can't.

But I suppose, if I could at least know if it even exists? That would be cool :)
  2. Skraggz

.... astounding.
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

If it is your sunderer then look at the right side of your screen where the sunderer icon and health are displayed when you are inside the vehicle.
    When you exit your own vehicle it remains visible in that spot, health and all. It also shows a directional arrow and distance indicator so you can find it back again more easily.

Or as Skraggz said: astounding.
  4. Rooklie

key words are (as stated in the title)

actually I'll let you find them yourself :)
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

Yeah but this doesn't work if you're too far away. I get it all the time, pgdwn and it says 'you don't own any vehicles', the icon showing the health etc is NOT there, but I still get xp ticks for spawns at the sunderer it says I don't own.
    • Up x 4
  6. TRspy007

yes. Let us bind to our sunderers, and display the health no matter how far we are from it. It's really not that hard.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fisheyed

If someone is blowing up your sundy and you are 2 bases away, why should you get an alert to redeploy to it?
  8. Rooklie

First, we're not talking about getting an alert.

Second, if we were talking about getting an alert, why not?
  9. Demigan

I just tried it out. I was 2000m away from the Sunderer and it was still there. I took a screenshot but it's rather useless.

https://imgur.com/a/RxZVt39

After some distance the arrow below the Sunderer disappears. So I placed a waypoint but you can't see if it's on the Sunderer or not. And when I open the map the Sunderer isn't displayed on it's position, but the icon and health of the Sunderer remain visible.
  10. JobiWan

Ok, try 4k away then. It definitely disappears, it happens to me all the time.
  11. Demigan

Maybe, but I haven't seen it yet. And if you are 4000m away wouldn't that be the complaint rather than "not nearby"? 2000m is plenty for most purposes unless you are completely abandoning your Sunderer right?
    • Up x 1
  12. Fisheyed

Maybe I am using the wrong wording. Why should it be displayed on your ui that your sunderer is being attacked. - Why should the game give you this information if you are 4000m away? (or whatever the key distance is)

If I am attacking a sunderer,
    I'm either trying to defend territory and stop the enemy spawning, or attack territory and place my own sunderer in the same spot.
    The last thing I want, is the owner spawning on it and killing me /repairing it whilst i'm reloading my rocklet tool. Especially if he is defending another territory and redeploying half way across the map.
    Even more so if he is sharing this information with others.
  13. Rooklie

First, we aren't talking about it being displayed on your ui that your sunderer is being attacked. This is off topic (even though you changed the wording).

Second, you no longer get an alert that your sundy is being attacked even if you're in the same base.

anddd

Third, I could argue why being alerted that your defenseless spawn is being attacked is a fair mechanic to have for the owner of that spawn (not counting beacons and routers who die instantly), but I'm not going to.

a) cause it's off topic

b) cause you will always find reasons why it shouldn't and I will always find reasons why it should and there's no point in that.
  14. Rooklie

astounding !
  15. That_One_Kane_Guy

Repeating the clever one-liner of another poster doesn't make you clever by extension and only highlights the attempt to camouflage ignorance with bluster.

The information you seek is already provided by the game where it is relevant to you. At the distance where the game stops providing you with this information it no longer matters as you may as well be on the moon for all the good it will do you.

QED
  16. Fisheyed

You can see when you can and cannot redeploy to your sunderer at the redeploy screen.
    Are you looking for an icon or chat message saying hey, your sunderer is blown up so that you don't spend 10 seconds redeploying?
    What are the reasons other than someone blowing up your sunderer?

This what I got today,
    https://imgur.com/a/9EhQRIb
    resulting in a motion spotter and 3 people hunting the guy before he could finish of the sundy with his rocket rifle :D
    • Up x 1
  17. Rooklie

Hey and thanks for reply. That's not what I meant though, I should have specified, but I meant "before you re-deploy").

But even then, whether that green rectangle representing a sundy you can spawn at appears on the map or not, depends on rules that are relatively new and have never been stated. So no one knows what they are.

Sometimes you will be able to spawn there, sometimes you won't, and no one really knows how that works, except for a few simple things, like, if you're in the same region as the sundy, then "normally" you can respawn there.

(I say "normally" because if you're capping a cut off base, or a big 3 point base, sometimes even then it doesn't work).

The only rule that I know of that is consistent, is the 200 meter rule, so if you're within 200 meters of any sundy, and die or re deploy, then you will be able to spawn there.

The rest, god knows ....