Is Teabagging Legal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nalianna, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_One_Kane_Guy

Oh come on you know most people here won't even know who that is.

It's amazing how whenever someone has a position to push or a personal crusade to fight suddenly they're a paying member with one finger on the 'cancel subscription' button.
    You play (at least I hope you do) video games for relaxation and entertainment, not to get butt-frustrated when some random 'V6's or presses the 'Ctrl' key after killing you. T-Bagging is the act of a frustrated child, either treat it as such and move on or quietly make your way to the door, but you will remove the white from rice before you remove children from the internet.
    • Up x 2
  2. WinterAero

Hahaha :D

Either you are trying way too hard with the trolling and boredom; or you are one of the most sensitive and pathetic degenerates I've encountered for a long time. Teabagging? LOL. Try focusing that tryhard on something that actually matters maybe. I don't personally find time to practice the behavior; because what little fights there are anymore are way too condensed into a small space (and seems like a recipe to get killed to me) but haha. I hope people target you even more after this. Either die less - or quit. Such a cry baby surely has no place online at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

[IMG]

If you threaten to leave this must be your very first FPS. This happens in every single first person shooter, and any other game where players can control the character directly and cause your body to fall to the ground.

The internet affords anonimity to it's users, and anonimity encourages people to do things they wouldn't do otherwise. If someone is standing on a ledge ready to jump and it's just one or two people standing below they'll try to help. If it's a crowd the anonimity it gives will make people encourage jumping instead, there have been actual studies on this.

The only solution would be to make everything public, have people and system continuously invade your privacy and monitor every single action you take on the internet, both in game and on other platforms. I think it's better to just accept the few people who have to try and make your day worse. They are absolutely loving this response you have of going to forums to complain and threaten to leave. You are actually encouraging more people to come and teabag (which I've actually rarely seen in-game so far). You are telling them "if you want to annoy people, this is what you need to do".

So basically I have to say Thank you for educating these people on how to annoy you the most. You are even painting a target on your back as there are certainly some people now who will try to find out who you are and then teabag you in-game just for the purpose of annoying you.
    It's like telling a bully you don't like something while he's already bullying you. Of course he's going to do the exact thing you tell him not to do! This is the same mistake minorities are making when they try to ban certain words and practices, rather than teach racists and misogonists and whatever other -ists and -isms there are.

So my suggestion: Stop complaining. You don't have to accept this, but you shouldn't get all worked up over something someone you don't even know did either. Ignore the poor souls who resort to such tactics, don't publicly teach them what they need to do to achieve their goals.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Teabagging in PS is actually pretty rare. V6 is far more common, and really, this can easily be ignored or paid back by killing them and doing it as well. User's choice, personally I'm in the "feed them their own medicine" crowd, because if they want to annoy others, it's almost guaranteed that doing it to them in response is going to hack them off more than they did to me in the first place (and their fault, really, for starting that sh*t). Had an interesting feud with one person that way, since they couldn't accept a 1 for 1 and move on after.
  5. adamts01

So much this. Most of these trolls have insanely fragile egos, which is why they try their best to prove dominance in some silly online game. So just don't let their trolling due to their incompetence in their real lives get to you.
    • Up x 1
  6. NeonSonic

I personally never teabag and i just kill my opponents i take it you are a real female in the game? so i understand it can be annoying as someone tries to teabag u when u die however i wouldnt let the immature players get to u and quit the game, u just need to find the right ppl to hang with like ppl like me who can help u out. i would just shrug it off or turn around and vore them if u really are female and say u ate them when u kill them and walk off with a belly 2 wrongs dont make a right but if u wanted to get back at them there is that. hope that changes your mind and u keep playing dont let the immature players get to u! get them back! :D:cool:
  7. NeonSonic

DONT QUIT. Turn around and Vore their AZZ. Basically when u kill them just swollow your pride and say u ate them and wait for the next victim with a bigger belly since u ate. it will only get bigger and in PS2 there is plenty to kill so eat them dont let taunts get to u, taunt them back!!;):p
    • Up x 1
  8. Nalianna

No, sorry, I find this disgusting and it WILL make me leave the game. The more I hear about the fact that DBG seems to have no firm policy on this and is in fact decriminalising it in some cases, the more I'm feeling I will leave. I do come to play the game for my own reasons, and my purpose for playing the game is wrecked by having to put up with this stuff. I used to place bounties on them, but now I can't do that, so I have to just track them down and kill them myself if I can. If I can't I just have to put up with that.

Either way, I find the whole thing distasteful and I will not put up with it. If more people took my stance, perhaps DBG would reconsider their lax attitude to it. As it seems that this will not be the case, it might simply be me that leaves.
  9. Nalianna

Yes, this cry baby will almost certainly leave. I find the practice distasteful and I will not put up with it.
  10. Nalianna

I disagree. If DBG actually did ban players for doing this like they supposedly ban players for cheating (which I doubt they do also) then it would stop, just as the cheating would stop if they did so also.

OK, the consensus seems to be that DBG is going to do nothing because you guys seem to think it's just fine. That's OK, I still don't have to put up with it.
  11. Nalianna

lol I see it ALL THE TIME. Not just to me, but to others as well. To me that just shows how infantile and puerile the player must be to be taking the chance of being killed while they do it.
  12. Nalianna

lol I had a FEMALE character teabag me once! The idiocy of that just had me in stitches.

I've killed players who were teabagging other players. It's a stupid thing for them to do. I've seen players kill one of my team, run to get to them before they disappeared to respawn, started teabagging them, then I killed them. Idiots. I have no doubt about the level of intelligence of these people.

The issue for me is enjoyment of the game. I don't mind playing and being killed. It offends me to have them then disrespect me. I would never do anything like that to them, but their level of mentality is such that this is what they think is reasonable and normal to do, and I don't actually like playing a game where that is accepted.
  13. Nalianna

On another note I've been considering just going back to flying. I started in PS2 as a pilot and really only transitioned to infantry because I wanted to get the Betelgeuse. On the way, I also got the Skorpios. I'm now working on the Carbine Directives, and finding I'm dying a lot more and this is when I'm getting teabagged. I have achieved what I wanted, so maybe I'll just go back to flying.
  14. Demigan

Ah ok so you are a troll. You transitioned from the most toxic area of the game to infantry and supposedly see teabagging everywhere.

I wouldnt be surprised if you get teabagged because you practically ask for it.

Also what would you ban the players for? Inappropriate behaviour? So how many times consists of teabagging then? If someone shows a video of me crouching down on your corpse because I need the cover you just died behind, is that going to get me banned? This is all going to be subjective to what you think right?
  15. Nalianna

Why am I a troll for disliking questionable behaviour? Are you one of the people who likes this disgusting practice? I see teabagging much more now that I'm dying much more, trying to master light assault. I'm obviously not going to see any teabagging flying a scythe! Or did you miss that basic fact?

How do I 'ask for it'? Why are you defending this practice? What about it is so wonderful that you would be doing that? Teabagging is obvious unless you're trying to defend it. When someone repeatedly crouches and stands over the head of a corpse, they're clearly teabagging, and noone needs to question what it is. When they do it long enough to be mowed down by the enemy, they're clearly so focused on teabagging that they forget to look out for the enemy. More fool them.

I would ban a player for illegal activity. If teabagging was illegal, as this thread is discussing, then yes it should be banned. If it's not, then no. If not, then it becomes a question of whether I'm willing to put up with it any longer.
  16. TR5L4Y3R

short answer ... if you can´t stand being teabaged ... don´t ever play any game 2D or 3D with a crouchingmotion for characters ...
    cause you will see that very often ...
  17. JibbaJabba

This is why the killcam is so spectacular. People get front row seat of teabagging.

(before you flip out, I think I've done it to like two people ever? Both were awful people in their own way)
    • Up x 1
  18. That_One_Kane_Guy

Then stop prattling about and take Billy Big Steps out that door. Being extra-dramatic about it doesn't win you any more Internet Points.
    First of all, lets just be crystal clear here: just because a Thing annoys you, it does not automatically make it a crime.
    Second, you are talking about an action that quite simply cannot be moderated. You would have similar success enforcing a law that made flipping the bird at other drivers illegal.
    If you can't ignore the toxicity of others I'd recommend ignoring the online multiplayer arena in general and first person shooters in particular. My personal no-cost recommendation is simply to get a thicker skin, for your own sake as much as for those around you.
    Don't let the door hit you.
  19. Nalianna

You still don't get it do you? This thread is about finding out whether or not teabagging is legal and if it isn't whether DBG is intending to ever do anything about it. The issue of my doing something about it by leaving is something else.

Whether or not teabagging annoys me is not the issue. The issue is whether it is illegal - I had heard that it was and as far as I can see it actually IS on most servers, although on at least one it has been decriminalised. That does not bode well for the idea that DBG is going to do anything about it but it still remains that until they decriminalise it on all servers, it is illegal. Will DBG do anything about it? Doubtful. People like you seem to show a side to this issue which says that there is at least a vocal proportion of the population of PS2 who are willing to tell someone to leave rather than have their favourite idiotic disgusting and pointless pastime deprived from them.

This practice can definitely be moderated and thinking it can't means as far as I'm concerned you're one of the culprits. Teabagging is obvious. Reporting a teabagger when you see it is as simple as respawning, immediately finding the name in general chat, calling up the details screen and reporting them, which then gives DBG something to review as the action is recorded. Anyone who does this to me is reported by me to DBG, and if you think you aren't just try me. I'm not the one saying it's illegal. It was described to me as being illegal, I'm just finding out for sure. If it is, DBG will have the evidence and can themselves decide.

No, I won't be getting a thicker skin. I absolutely WILL NOT allow myself EVER to see this sort of thing as acceptable in any way. I absolutely WILL leave the game before then. When is another issue. I guess it comes down to how much of this stupidity I can stand. I had no idea of the teabagging other than seeing others do it to people they'd killed, until the deathcam. With the deathcam, I see each and every instance of it and it's usually only very few disgusting individuals, who I then hunt out with a vengeance. If I see an enemy doing it, I prioritise them immediately and kill them if I can WHILE THEY ARE DOING IT. The more people like you defend this practice the more determined I am to police it myself.
  20. Nalianna

I have NEVER done it to anyone. I consider it stupid, puerile, and pointless, and guaranteed to get me killed more often because there would be other players like me who would take the opportunity to kill me for doing it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.