Do any of the factions care what people say?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhantomShadows, Feb 2, 2020.

1. PhantomShadows

I play as a VS in Emerald and am getting really tired of people especially in my team not caring at all about anything I say. I could have an ANT base in a good spot and ask for help and people still will not care, I thought now that I got the elysium spawn tube people would care more since they can spawn across the map, but still no. I can't even so much as get a response when I greet people when they join my squad. So I've been curious if any of the other factions care when people need help or anything of the sort, I'm tired of being ignored even when I have something that can help my team.

If you are ever online at the same time as me, you have probably seen me talking in yell because I'm getting annoyed that people will join my squad that does not allow auto joins, and the ignore all my commands, and not even so much as respond to my greeting as I mentioned before. I've only ever seen squads made by one outfit ever have any tactical discussions, otherwise no one says a word.

Sanctuary will probably be pretty empty and boring in Emerald tbh, because people usually only want to talk smack or ask how someone killed them in the yell chat.
  2. Invisible Keeper

Sorry to say that, but the world won't just revolve around you, especially the random folks who've logged in to casually play through whatever little precious spare time they have on their hands. The burden of the content creator is heavy and includes mandatory cat herding if you deal with public squads.

Unfortunately, I can't offer you a ready solution, but, if you want to lead and play tactically, you have to be patient. Set up a squad, keep the people who follow orders and kick anyone who strays. Directly invite people who you think are contributing to securing current objectives.use voice comms and eccourage team members to join. Send friend requests to those you like.
  3. PhantomShadows

I don't expect everyone to listen to what I say, but most of the time no one will say even one word to me no matter what I say. I could have my squad open for hours and not get even one person to join that will even reply to me, or even say anything themselves. They join my squad, then place a spawn beacon without asking, even if one is already up. They then play as if they're not in a squad and do whatever they want.

Why do they even join a squad if they won't even utilize the spawn beacons already set up? and seem like they should rather make their own squad. I haven't seen people who actually go to where the squad waypoint is, or where I say we should go since I last played this game years ago. If some people broke off from the rest of the squad fine, but not having even one person help me secure an objective is frustrating.
  4. pnkdth

You only really get this kind of cooperation if you run an outfit squad/platoon.

Public squads can be made to work but it takes a lot of energy and leadership to actually get them to want to follow orders. A key aspect in figuring it out is how to make players want to be there, what makes your squad/platoon fun, why should they play with you? Do not expect tight knit groups or that communication will be spotless and to the point. In addition, it is really hard to account for the sheer randomness that can occur both on your own faction and on opposing factions. ABOVE ALL! Do not take things personally! Consider everything as feedback and respond as such. You do NOT want to known as the angry SL/PL shouting down everyone around you because no one want to join those squads (unless you have a proven track-record + server renown).

So either figure out what makes your squads special/fun and also look into what hasn't been working so far or join an outfit which focus on what you like to do and offer to be a SL/PL as see where it takes you.
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Random people responding positively to something you tell them is rather rare in online gsmes, unfortunately. There are exceptions, I led a few games of Eternal Crusade (yes, it still lives, and anyone who has ever played it can probably agree that commanding a team of non-clanmembers is a nightmare) to victory via chat or voice chat with almost exclusively random players to work with; in one of them a player asked "why would i listen to you?" and someone else told them "because this person appears to have an idea what to do", which was both reassuring and very amusing. But yes, generally most people will ignore any kind of orders, advice or requests, and the amount of players who do are rarely enough to make any kind of difference.
  6. PhantomShadows

Yeah but like they won't even so much as reply if I simply greet them. It's not about them not following my orders its that they don't seem to read the chat at all and don't say anything to anyone. When I say they don't respond I mean that quite literally not like the "they don't respond well to criticism" kind of responding lol, like I'm basically just talking to myself.
  7. adamts01

You need to find a group that has similar goals as yourself. That might mean trying other factions.

There's also a very fine line where you have to balance having fun and being effective. It also takes a serious amount of charisma and knowledge to pull off leading a squad in that way for a decent amount of time. Unfortunately, most guys just don't have the people skills or motivation to run a squad like that. With as hard as this is to pull off among outfit members, don't expect anything from chat messages to strangers.
  8. Rooklie

People used to care a lot more, now they don't so much, maybe it'll swing back if the next (Rogue/Thieves Games Planet) team of devs try to work in that direction (for example by re-introducing a "orders" chat channel or something similar.)
  9. PhantomShadows

Anyway I think I've cleared myself up enough, so back to my original question. Are there people that are more sociable in the other factions? Because from my experience most VS players aren't at all, I would possibly consider playing the other factions more often if that is the case. I've done enough solo play that I'm just bored of doing everything by myself. This post wasn't supposed to be just me complaining, I was just explaining what lead me to consider switching teams.

If it's not any different in the other factions though I'll just stick with VS. To be clear I don't intend to always be a squad leader and always give orders, I do join squads if I think I can help them too. The thing is most don't have any particular plan, discuss what they want to do, or simply place waypoints on the map, so I lead squads in hope of people wanting the same thing as me.
  10. Fisheyed

Switch teams and try it ^^
    Make sure you are joining squads with high cohesion, if that is the type of gamestyle you're looking for.