Is Teabagging Legal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nalianna, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nalianna

I don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this.

I would like to formally request some sort of response from DBG as to whether teabagging is legal or not. If not, is there anything that DBG intends to do about this disgusting practice? I often find myself with the only recourse to report the player, and I feel nothing is done about it.

If it is legal, on the other hand, I will consider terminating my account with DBG as I find the practice deplorable. I can find no reason at all why there should be any acceptance of this, and since DBG saw fit to remove the bounty system, I have no way to deal with this, as I absolutely refuse to indulge in the practice myself.

Does anyone else consider this practice puerile and disgusting? Has DBG ever made any claims about their attitudes to it and whether they consider it acceptable? I would very much like to hear if so.
  2. coffee3144

you sound new FPS's welcome and remember NO TEAMBAGGING!!!
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

It's very illegal on most servers but was decriminalized on Emerald recently. The best thing you can do about it is spread awareness on social media. Teabagging is not okay and has no place in our society.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nalianna

Yes, I'm relatively new, but I've been here long enough to reach ASP rank 100, and I've seen far too much of this disgusting practice. The fact I won't do it myself makes things very difficult for me as I have no recourse, since the removal of manual bounties.

I refuse to believe that there is nothing that can be done about it. DBG must be turning a blind eye if they are allowing it. I find it distasteful to keep playing when players are doing this, and I've read elsewhere on the forum that the same people teabag as cheat. While I know there can be no direct link between the two, the mentality which allows one seems to allow the other.
  5. Leidz

Only true Halo player must be allowed to perform this cursed practice!
    • Up x 1
  6. SikVvVidiT

Our ancestors used to have to fight against Terror Birds and other crazy looking creatures.. And here we are crying about tea bagging? The other day I was crying about hacking in this game...

Man oh man mankind is truly in a weakened state atm...
    • Up x 4
  7. Nalianna

I'm not interested in your opinion about my crying about teabagging. It's disgusting and I don't have to put up with it. It's supposedly illegal but DBG turns a blind eye to it. If they continue to do so they will lose a member.
  8. Twin Suns

"Heavens to Murgatroyd!", "Exit, stage left!" - Snagglepuss.
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

It's not something that would get a person banned, but it is something that is frowned upon. There is a system in place which prevents players who crouch over dead (and often alive) players from standing up. This has been part of the game for years, however it is easily circumvented.

I always find people do it because they know it'll annoy others. After all, there's a reason why the taunt voice commend lives in the game... to taunt others. People teabag because it's another method of taunting. While it may not be very nice to experience, it's not something that can easily policed unless crouching was removed from the game entirely... and even then players would find other ways to purposely aggravate other players.

Whenever it's happened to me, I just look at it from a positive direction and think about the fact that the player at least thought enough of me that they were willing to take a little piece out of their game time to teabag me when they could have been doing something else. It's small, and not very much, but when a person taunts me, I like to look at it from that perspective; I was worth their time.
  10. Rooklie

11. Maddens

Not sure if this is a troll thread on not lol.
    @ OP, threatening Daybreak you cancel your membership? What are you like 10?
    If PS2 is such a disgusting game to you, I strongly suggest go play Eastshade, where you explore beautiful nature and make paintings.

Sometimes, "sometimes i even impress myself" is not enough.
  12. Gen.Drake61

if you don't like it you can simply leave the game, honestly i don't have a problem with it, what i do have a problem with is teamkilling on ps4 to which dbg has said they will not ever handle,to be honest dbg is known to be very bad at customer service on these types of issues, also before you say anything....no i do not care about your opinion on the issue because we all know dbg truly does not care about actual customer service nor will they enforce it. some examples why they don't care are,but not limited to:
    1. the clapbackin69 fiasco on ps4(look it up) which led to 100's of players who were innocent permanently banned because of a hacker working with dbg and left the game permanently leaving the game on ps4 and its ultimate popularity to take a nose dive in the ps store. we have less than 300 players on the NA servers when not in prime time(500 if we're lucky which is so rare)
    2.again dbg announcing they will not handle teamkilling or ban people for the practice.
    what i did to make it less of an issue for me is to never buy a membership from them, if they want my money, then they have to earn my trust and ive stopped playing dbg games other than planetside 2 so if it gets shutdown i have nothing to lose.
  13. BrbImAFK

Teabagging is legal. RPG is not likely to do anything about it. Complaining about it just feeds the troll.

Now, that said... doing it is still generally frowned upon by the more mature players in the community, but since they don't have the power to do anything about it, they just shrug, move on, and make a mental note to avoid the ********* (or ban them from squads / outfits).

Just remember... Any time the killcam shows you somebody teabagging your corpse - they're basically waving a massive flag saying : "I'm a super-insecure snowflake, and my sensitive self-esteem is so poor that the only way I can make myself feel better about the miserable failure I am is by pretend-dominating a random internet stranger in a video game."

And now you can treat the teabagger as they really deserve... with pity for the pathetic ****** that they are. :cool:
    • Up x 2
  14. Demigan

Is it annoying? A little. It's usually the bads that do it when I play (like the people who taunt you after someone else killed you). Also the hypocracy usually skyrockets when one of them calls you gay just after they dumped their testicals in someone else's face. But illegal? That's going a bit far don't you think? In a game about blowing each others brains out?
  15. Nalianna

If they're doing it to annoy me, then it's working. I won't play a game where it's acceptable. The fact that DBG is doing nothing to stop it suggests to me that it's acceptable to them.

If this is truly their position, then I'm outa here. They can survive without me I'm sure. The one really good thing about all this is that I've actually seen teabaggers killed because they were so intent on teabagging they forgot to watch out for the enemy, in a number of cases myself. I go after teabaggers, because I hate them with a vengeance. With the old bounty system, I would NEVER miss an opportunity to place a bounty on them. With the abolition of this system, there is now no system based way for an individual player to directly punish the player.

Therefore, this to me is the real problem - removal of manual bounties.
  16. Nalianna

On another note, some of you are suggesting if I don't like the game I should leave. I tend to agree with that. I find the tactics of the game rather slimy much of the time. It seems whatever works is allowed and it works because it's OP, so people get to do it far too much for my liking.

The more you say these sorts of things, the closer I come to just cancelling my membership and leaving the game. I don't see the point in putting up with disgusting tactics and behaviour if everyone else seems to think it's just fine.
  17. DreadCroach

Been curious and check your profile and previous postings.
    The problem is in you not in the game, you are very hostile and immature.
    In every topic you answered there is "I'm cancelling my membership if this or that".
    • Up x 3
  18. Skraggz

The fact V6 exists makes me think that the devs really could careless... is. Also, this is a common occurrence for almost all online FPS. Welcome to the internet buttercup, where you are not special, and will not be coddled.
  19. The Grand Crusader

Hahahahahahhaaaaa…….you HAVE to be a troll. No frickin' way you are serious unless you are a kid and/or mentally disabled.
    • Up x 1
  20. PhantomShadows

I keep seeing people do this, and I can't believe they still do it, how many years has it been now. God it's so old at this point, like come on at least come up with something new. It's like the orange you glad I didn't say banana joke, it existed way too long for anyone to not know the joke and still laugh at it at this point. (Knock knock jokes have been pretty dead for a while and they were never really all that funny tbh).

It's kinda sad that people still find it funny at this point to still do it, do people still say "problem officer?" referring to the troll face meme?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.