Membership is worth jack ****, 1 f*cking hour in VR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jingstealer, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Jingstealer

What the royal **** is going on. I am sitting on a Saturday night together with a whole bunch of people in VR for over an hour?! Open a damn continent!!! This is outrageous. This is not what I am paying for. I am going to cancel my membership again. It's worth jack **** as is.
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

The game was fine years ago before "faction queue" was a thing,
    We should get rid of it again.
    • Up x 4
  3. SikVvVidiT

Once they see people canceling in drones which in turn will put a stop to them being able to finance ALL their other games.. Maybe they will turn some attention to this one.
    • Up x 2
  4. Somentine

1. Saturday the continents were full, which means that another was open (and there was). You chose to stay on VR instead of going to the other continent.
    2. Membership doesn't skip this restriction, you just get put at the front of the line.
    3. I was in the queue as a non-member at 52 of 52 and it only took about 20 minutes.

Basically, you're full of **** and need to stop posting.
    • Up x 2
  5. Qwicked

And... as a member... you could have swapped to NSO. Instant queue times.
    • Up x 1
  6. OpolE

7. OpolE

NO! That's not the point.. People want to develop their persistent character in a persitent world
    • Up x 2
  8. adamts01

I think it mostly boils down to a lack of population and poor implementation of NSO.

When populations suck, there's normally only enough pop for 1 decent battle per faction. Someone ends up getting double teamed, and that starts the snowball of faction swapping or just logging off. This sort of thing is much less prevalent when continents are packed.

Also, highest faction pop doesn't always mean that faction doesn't need help, thanks to 3 factions and double teaming. NSO should be deployed based on territory held. They also need to be redeployed throughout their session. This might mean double rewards that could be shared account wide, because with the constant switching they can't count on alert money.
  9. MrHighfield

I agree with you about NSO; they should be switching based on the active pop. and not which side had the lowest when that player wanted to be an NSO or play.
  10. adamts01

Current pop doesn't matter when the most populated faction is stuck at their warp gate from both angles maybe it should be based on territory.
  11. Fisheyed

If you want to only play on 1 team all the time, when that team has too many players, you will need to wait.
    - This applies to all games.

Current pop definitely matters.
    They are being double--teamed because they have more pop.
    Are you going to kick these players out when the faction they joined is no longer being double-teamed?
    Or are you going to let them run around with 40% pop?

Remember having NSO join the highest pop faction - eg. VS. Prevents VS players in the queue from joining VS.
    If the highest population faction needs help (some kind of skill bias), people in the queue should be reinforcing them first, then NSO.
    Members do have queue jump.

I also agree that if NSO was constantly switching faction and Not staying on one faction for their entire play session - the teams would be more balanced. It should be a lot more solo mercenary style gameplay, defintely not outfits playing together as NSO on the same faction or in the same platoon.
    Or perhaps a penalty like negative xp multipliers for being on the faction with greater pop. - some kind of incentive.
    Though a lot of current nso players will kick against this as they'd have to change their playstyle, so its defintely not a change i'd address at this time.
  12. Twin Suns

Loyalty points for faction loyalty?

I still have friends that play this game and they only play one faction. Even if they're losing badly, they will still grind it out. That's what they want. Unfortunately, they get sent to VR while some faction swapping slurpy with no loyalty gets in. Also, those NSO scabs bump those that are loyal to their faction (play only one faction and that's it) out of the queue.

Now it's just a follow the herd shooter.
    • Up x 1
  13. JibbaJabba

This.

When you whine about this what you are saying is, "I don't care if I wreck the gameplay for other players I want to join the overpop team anyway".

F.U.

If you are a member you get to the head of the line. If you are still waiting an entire hour in the queue (I don't believe you btw) then you have chosen a horrifically over popped faction and should play a different one. You do have a membership. You get extra slots, you get an XP boost. Spinning up a new toon is easy.

And NSO? It's helping guys, not hurting. You being stuck in a queue is being mitigated because the game is sticking NSO players on the underpopped factions as fast as it can.

Asking NSO players to then do one more and switch mid game session if the pop switches is dumb. They are already helping while others are not. Now you are asking them to take one for the team to further accommodate the problem that others are creating.
    • Up x 1
  14. TR5L4Y3R

with all 3 factions? and even with access to playing an NSO character?
    i mean if you only choose to play one faction that is notorius for getting overpoped, what else is there to say than it being a you problem ..
    at best what RPG could do is allow toons to be used on every available server were the ping preverably doens´t suck ..
    but other than that .. yea you may choose another faction then ...

i have 1 toon for every faction and i build up all of them to a degree ..
    planetside´s way of creating factionspecific characters to only be used for said faction/ team has both intresting aspects to it but also clear downsides when it comes to popballancing flexibility ...

something games that go with a mercenaryaspect don´t have, yet still can offer you a way of factionloyalty
    for example Mechwarrior: online ... were you are your own Mercunit you can chose to join a house or clan and get certain bonuses (not weapons or mechs obviously, but cosmetics) or you simply stay neutral .. if you chose to be in a clan or house your dropdeck has to consist of either Clan or IS mechs ... if you are neutral you can use any dropdeck but get less bonusrewards ..
  15. waystin2

The argument that if you want to play one team only then you have to wait because it is that way in all games is bogus. There are games that have mechanisms to limit advantages in game for a side that is over weighted but not limit a players ability to get into the game. Check out ENY in Aces High 3 for example. The higher a sides numbers in comparison to the other sides the more limited they are to lower level airplane/vehicle choices. Or none at all. Basically if you outnumber the other sides, they start taking away toys to make it harder on you to fight. With that said, I am a Premium Member and I do not like wait. Period.
  16. adamts01

You're not thinking outside the box. NSO could hopefully be used in a way that lets us get rid of ques.

Consider this. NSO will be able to have a new NSO kind of squad that lets them stay together as the squad moves from faction to faction as needed. Every time a base fight ends, there's a chance that you'll be moved to a different faction. Since NSO would be shifting around balancing territory, no matter who wins the alert, NSO gets points as if they're the winner which can be spent on NSO or transferred to a linked faction character. Since NSO is only helping the underdog faction till they're caught up, if we still need a que, they wouldn't count towards that faction's population, therefore not hurting players in que.

Those are some real incentives for NSO and most importantly a membership. And with enough NSO players, which there seems to be, highly skilled at that, a 40% faction wouldn't be outrageous, as you could have a skill ball of NSO keeping them from absolutely dominating the map.

And double teaming isn't at all about attacking the most powerful faction. It's just as often or more the case that the weakest faction gets double-teamed, because they're simply the weakest target.
    • Up x 1