[Suggestion] Change the Bighorn .50m's firing sound

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrince, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Terrince

Just unlocked this and was really excited when I read the description.
    But it was misleading...
    Bighorn .50M
    [IMG]
    The TRs' Bighorn .50M surpassed the RAMS as the heaviest sniper rifle in their arsenal. Boasting an unmatched bullet velocity and a straight-pull bolt for rapid shots, the deafening crack of the Bighorn is a warning to distant soldiers.

"The deafening crack" is very similar to the sound of the 99 SV which is... Well, a really cheap/weak sound for this rifle to have. (Makes it very weak feeling too me, for some reason)
    I always thought it would sound kinda like this one NC sniper rifle (forgot which one, heh-heh) with a really nice echoing crack! I wanna hear that heavy power!
    (I know this is a reeeally minor thing but it annoys me lol)
    • Up x 2
  2. IVANPIDORVAN

For those who don't understand whats the point of having 750dmg on sniper rifle - this is barely enough to oneshot overshielded heavy assault with resist shield. 700 dmg enough to oneshot adrenaline shield. Overshielded heavy can survive headshot from sniper rifles with 650dmg or less. Still - why the **** aurax sniper rifles have faster damage degradation? Since resist shield is nerfed from 45% to 40% then to 35% it is very, very niche and unpopular choice for modern heavies, so longest chamber time, 150m minimap detection range, scope sway and unability to put 1x-4x optics on them makes these rifles undesirable. Just a trophy for collecting dust on the wall

Auraxium versions of: sniper rifles, sidearms, assault rifles (except darkstar - VS - heat mechanic), shotguns (except Brawler - NC - underbarrel shotgun), submachine guns, battle rifles, decimator (kraken) they all need major rework of their lack of empire specific features and trades.

Some one may say - whats the point of fixing old guns, it is just waste of devs resources and i will say what this is what the player can strive for, this is progress, this is playing time, this is effort and reward for them, this is money that the player can spend on, for example on a black commissar, because he likes the commissar too much and does not want to change it for something like Cerberus or whatever ****** weapon, but at the same time he may wanna try auraxium pistol because of it's unique feature(what we didn't have in our game right now) and he can just buy black and golden versions of sidearms what he already like. This is defenetly must be done.
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

Yeah the Bighorn was disappointing for me, too. They could have at least deepened the sound a bit.
    Still it is my personal favorite for when I'm in the sniping mood and the one (I think) I have the most time spent with.

Having more max damage range on your sniper in Planetside is like having a higher top speed on your daily driver, it's a cool number but outside specific circumstances it's never going to be used. The Aurax Snipers are better than the T3 bolters* at the ranges where it counts in this game. They have more damage, a faster velocity and the same fire rate.

*How good the T3 rifles themselves are is subjective
  4. adamts01

I recently got to shoot a 50 cal bolt action for the first time a while ago at a mile. That gun definitely has a truck-rocking deep canon boom to it.
    • Up x 1
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

M107?
  6. adamts01

It was a barret bolt action. Single shot. I'm not sure of its model number. Baller nightforce scope. About a $7k set up. And $4 a shot. If I ever get one I'm going to have to sneak to Mexico and sell a kidney and pay cash so the wife doesn't see that bill.
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

One of my coworkers started the process of getting his own Barrett (in either .416 or .338) but he ended up backing out and using the money to finish building his project car. They don't mess around with those price tags, but from what he told me their customer service is S-tier.