There's no way being able to destroy vehicles with a knife is intended.....????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Rooklie

2. BrbImAFK

Which vehicles and which knife, I guess. I can't see you having much luck with ANY knife against an MBT for example.
  3. Trigga

There is 1 knife that has the ability to damage heavy armour, the Nightshade.
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Nightshade

It was an even reward and can no longer be unlocked.

Otherwise a knife can damage 'soft' vehicles iirc, i.e Harasser, Flash, ESF, Valk.
    O and of course that new ***** that the robots fly.

'd i l d o' is profanity? wow.
    • Up x 3
  4. Rooklie

ahh I just assumed that it was all knives without trying it out myself, thanks for clearing that up. Still stupid imo...

btw, the censorship thing isn't only for profanity, there's a ton of words that are censored that aren't "swear words" :p

ps. that vibrator you're talking about is ridiculous, you can't hardly shoot it with a basilisk
  5. Trigga

No disagreement here.

Ye i just meant that it was a filtered word and i was shocked by that fact, i cant see anyone being insulted by the word.
    The internet is a strange place though afterall /shrugs.

Javelin is indeed hard to hit, seems to move strangely and unexpectedly making it more difficult.
    Theyre almost harmless though so..eh.
    • Up x 1
  6. Villainous Hydrosa

Oh, it's intentional. They've stated as much in past streams. There's also the psykinetic knife, unlockable through the 7th anniversary bundle, that also damages everything like the nightshade. They also damage construction.
  7. Xipoid1

A d i l d o to ride on?
  8. Scroffel5

So what? Who cares if a knife can damage vehicles? It most likely won't get the chance to finish one off...
  9. IVANPIDORVAN

May sounds OP but as person who get Nightshade i can assure you that it's not.
    Reasons:
    -low damage output, long TTK
    -angry pilot who don't like what you do
    -very loud sound on each hit grabs attention of nearby enemies
    -message what notifies players about sunderer where they spawned for the last time is under attack
    -even if you somehow kill vehicle you still must have full health, also you must keep distance of at least ~1m which is very hard if you use melee weapon, otherwise you die from explosion

The only reasonable usage for this knife is "dismantling this fazenda" aka player made base, or humiliating MAX units, which is also possible with "power knife" or even normal one.
  10. Silkensmooth

Its nice when im on my inf and i trap M1 a solo tank farmer as hes repairing, and then i can finish killing his tank. It hurts like heIl when they blow up though.