2/2/2017 Update was a horrible move

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jan 25, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I’ll be the first to say it, but the 2/2/2017 update for PS was a horrible move. It took some of my favorite weapons like the TMG-50 that I ran outdoors with a 6x scope and chewed people up as heavy assault. Many of the LMG class weapons took a horrible beating in this update and it handed the keys to snipers and long range weapons.

At least back then you could see the spam as you died and there were exchanged firefights, now snipers control the lanes and there is no reaction time at all with a instant headshot and then they cloak. At least snipers in the first Planetside were not infiltrators they could not cloak and I think it is massively being exploited at the cost of so many others. The so called flick shot and a I guess to prove my point I’ll go ahead and rack the numbers with it, since stats are all that it seems like people look at and forget the most important ingredient of the game and that is really to have fun.

I personally saw my TR outfit of hundreds of players literally leave and disband to quit the game after such a update. Might have as well just remove the Heavy Assault Class like you didn’t have in Arena to show were the game will end up and we yet still wonder why so many have left.

The West has a John Wayne mentality and that is stand in front of your target and hose them down with as many bullets as possible. Most people just want to game and have fun, not play cheesy hit and run and horde as many kills as you can by being invisible and thinking your good at it. It really is more exploitation than heavy assault ever was.

Nuff said.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lord_Avatar

What? :confused:
    • Up x 3
  3. Scroffel5

Can you blame them? If you can effectively kill anyone or anything with the HA, why play anyone else? And its not like they turned long range weapons into the new LMGs. They still have their big downsides, such as close range, ammo, and 2v1 capabilities. You also don't seem to even be talking about long range and cloaking in the correct sense. Cloaking does nothing for you but fool the eyes. If you are far away and sitting still, your eyes are already fooled, hence not needing the cloak. You need to cloak after you bring attention to yourself to keep the ruse of a silent death going. Plus, you can't shoot while cloaked, and you have to be fully uncloaked before you can shoot.

This post is just blatant bias and basically how you are just tired of getting sniped. Maybe you are making yourself too big of a target. I don't know. However, the outdoors is the snipers domain, and they have every right to snipe the next idiot who runs across a field like they aren't staring at you through a scope. HAs get indoors. Be happy no snipers are there (except CQC snipers.)
  4. TRspy007

Exactly. I've been saying this since those changes to nanoeve and long range weapons, snipers are way too powerful. Everytime I play sniper, my kdr skyrockets. It's so unfair to all the other players, and it's completely ridiculous for an invisible class to have access to so much power.

I was playing with the default tr sniper rifle, and even though it is semi auto, it could wreck targets at any range in 2-3 shots. I went up against heavy assaults at extremely close ranges, and wrecked them before they could even damage me. At longer ranges, it was even easier. Bolt actions have a certain refire time, but semi auto snipers like the vandal or the tr and vs defaults are ridiculously powerful.

I remember the days where I could actually kill stuff with my lmg or carbine at longer ranges. Now, I have to empty my whole mag or more and burst fire like crazy to maybe kill a target, assuming they haven't escaped or sniped me by then. It's completely unbalanced, and the fact there's been more infils than ever before should be a huge red flag.
  5. Rooklie

infiltrators have been stupidly balanced for a long time now.

Also, I don't know if any of you know about how latency / delay works? (there's lots of videos on YouTube explaining this, how if you engage first, you always have the advantage). I wouldn't be surprised that DBG never took that into account when balancing)

Since by default, infiltrators are pretty much always the first to engage, they can easily shoot you down (one shot or not) before (even if you're fast) you even get a chance to shoot more than a couple bullets back.
  6. Leidz

Don't forget clientside sync. You can see a lot of infiltrator who can fire his first shot on invisible mode. But it's not infil fault. Just sync problem. But it's pretty annoying.
    • Up x 1
  7. OneShadowWarrior

TRspy007 you completely nailed it in this post, it really in infuriating to carry so much firepower and be so completely ineffective.

For the record Heavy Assault and Medics were the juggernauts in the game, remove sniping from cloaking and rearm the other classes, submachineguns and pistols are more than adequate and some of the rifles for cloaker, but the long range bolt action or cqb sniper need to go to classes that can’t cloak.
  8. Lord_Avatar

What is this nonsense? Seriously? Snipers are OP now? o_O
  9. pnkdth

Stop expecting DBG to run interference on your behalf and adapt to the meta. It is no one's fault but your own that you chose to lean on a crutch (the HA class) for so long. HA is still an exceptionally powerful class and the best answer for all but a handful of scenarios.
    • Up x 2
  10. Demigan

It pushed the LMG to be a little bit less of a jack-of-all-trades weapon and gave way to more specialization.

What's wrong with that?
    • Up x 3
  11. Lord_Avatar

I'm pretty sure they still are.

Wat?
  12. Rooklie

nope, not at all..

they've been OP for years now.
  13. Lord_Avatar

I must have been playing a different Planetside 2 then. :rolleyes:
  14. Rooklie

yup!

or maybe you don't play a lot :)
  15. Scroffel5

I disregard anyone who keeps saying that snipers should be removed from an invisible class. You aren't invisible. You are cloaked. You can't shoot while cloaked. If you think snipers need to be removed from Infiltrators, you think they need to be removed from the game. If they are on any other class, the things you see would persist. Imagine flying snipers, healing snipers, overshielded snipers, infinite ammo snipers, and the like. An invisible sniper that can't shoot while being invisible isn't that bad. Plus, any class with a sniper would probably be in long range and have the same advantage of an Infiltrator.
  16. Lord_Avatar

Yeah, only around 2000 hours so far. Would have been much more, but I spent the last two years abroad with little time for gaming. ;)
  17. OneShadowWarrior

I have more respect for a Heavy Assault charging a point and gunning it out, than the cheesy behavior of going to the well on instant death headshots.

Heavy Assault is becoming a obsolete class, no longer the juggernaut it once was.

The real point here is when you worry about balance to much, it comes at a bigger cost of it no longer being a game or fun.
    • Up x 2
  18. Campagne

Bait account confirmed.
    • Up x 3
  19. pnkdth

There is literally nothing which suggest this is true. Prime time on Miller 6 out of 10 weapons with the most kills are LMGs, 2 of top 10 are carbines, 2 of top 10 are C4 and frags. The same is true on Cobalt, with the one more carbine pushing away frags. Outside of the top 10s there are several other LMGs and further you get from the top 10 the more even it gets.

Took me less than 2 minutes to find this data on planetside 2 fisu activity stats.

So here I am, still waiting, for someone to actually give some data that infiltrators are OP or having been for "years." No one actually cares about if you respect X or Y more than something. Especially since it is pretty obvious you just want the HA to return to their status as a faceroll class for players who need training wheels.
    • Up x 2
  20. Rooklie

uh huh that's a lot !

btw, in case you missed it :

OP speaks of 2017 update (2 years ago).

I speak of : "they've been OP for years now." (I didn't specify, but it's basically 2 years.

And YOU my dear little so proud of himself friend,
    2+2+2 = ? :)

Anyway, 83 days game time, since 2013? (do'nt worry, I did the maths)

(I'm good at maths)

that's 11 days gaming a year.

So no, buddy, you do not play a lot. You haven't played much since 2 years and even before that, you played casually. Which is ok, casual is nice, but casual knows **** all about balance.