Remove Ti Annoys ... because average TR IQ dropped below 10

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jingstealer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Jingstealer

It is obvious to anybody with half a brain that the map design on Indar is hopelessly flawed. The game appears to be catering to the most stupid players, perhaps to cater to the Counterstrike crowd. There is no flow of battle anymore, not even on a Sunday. Instead a large quantity of the TR population (those with an IQ rating below a lukewarm glass of water) are lodged in the most useless base of all. The only purpose of Ti Annoys is to keep NC and VS from fighting each other and provide TR with an *** to stick their heads in while the other two empires win the alerts. The lack of ability to read the map has become truly appalling. I think it would be best to remove that ****hole of a base to force the TR troglodytes to move their stupid ***** and fight some objectives for a change. Over and out.
    • Up x 2
  2. Terrince

Not sure what server you play on but I'm on Connery and TR don't do that near as much as you make it sound.
    Now to me, it seems NC do it more. (but maybe I'm a bias TR main lol)
    I do agree some of the bases NEED change, as well as a faction staying in a cut off hex, not even trying to reconnect.

On a side note:
    Also on Connery, NC (prime time) only fight/push TR during final alert, while TR tries to take VS bases but only till there is like 25 minutes left. (Plenty of time for NC to take 50% of the map back from VS, right?)
    • Up x 1
  3. Jingstealer

TR on Miller is a disgrace.
  4. Zizoubaba

You're, right, but only partially. There's a ton of other game related factors that determine player behaviour.

The structure of the map, the lattice, does play an important role, but there are many other things too.
  5. Bragg

They should remove that those 3 bases from Indar map. Ti Alloys, Crown & Ceres Hydroponics. Place them with flat areas where is open capture point for base building.
    Secondly remove every other base from game, and place them with same type of open capture point. There is just too many bases for this little population left in the game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

This has nothing to do with the TR or their IQ, this is about the enjoyment the players get out of things.

Having large stalemates in Biolabs and around bases like TI Alloys is simply far more entertaining than trying to get the continent. There's tons of reasons for this. For example when you win a base you are likely to turn into a Zerg as parts of the defenders leave for other fights rather than regrouping in the next base, meaning the next few fights aren't half as enjoyable for both sides. Or how capturing the continent is a temporary thing while getting statistics for yourself isn't temporary, so people would rather go for KD than for continents.

You are trying to solve a symptom, rather than look for the cure. The cure is to make the core gameplay of capturing continents enjoyable, to make the statistics that people would rather go for tie in with the core gameplay rather than make it a game of "everyone pick the biggest, cheesiest gun and use it against the weakest unit in the game".

These fights are the biggest sign that people come to PS2 for large-scale battles. Give them those battles anywhere on the map and they'll fight anywhere to try and achieve the goals of capturing the continent!
    • Up x 8
  7. Liewec123

if you hold one of the bases uptop then TI Alloys is awesome fun, if you're the unlucky faction down below through it SUCKS!
    there aren't many noteworthy fun bases left in PS2, TI Alloys is one of them!
  8. Lord_Avatar

What do you mean? Was the a purge, or a "grand flattening"?
  9. Towie

Ti Alloys is one of the few bases where a 3-way fight is quite frequent.
    (Whether that's a good thing or bad is for you to decide but it seems to keep a lot of people amused for hours !)
  10. Liewec123

Over the years they've made bases less and less defensible, meaning fewer long epic fights,
    Theyve done this with changes to bases like moving vehicle shield generators OUTSIDE of the base,
    but also with gameplay changes like removing defensive sunderer deployment (still one of DBGs biggest blunders)
    So there aren't really too many bases anymore where you can get the "epic battle" feel.
    But Ti Alloys and Crown still fit the bill!

I do feel that if any changes are made to central indar it's should be to increase the height of the base below,
    Or give them a better approach to Ti Alloys than the narrow uphill deathtrap they have now,
    Currently the faction down there has a rough time, they're just cannon fodder for the other two.
  11. Lord_Avatar

I can't wait go get my gaming rig back and jump in-game. Can not wait. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Blam320

As a Connery VS main, I think this is just as stupid as you do. Half the time I'm thinking "why have they been farming the Biolab for the last 45 minutes?" The other half I'm thinking "why aren't they fighting each other at all?" The answer is always "because nobody likes VS" or "VS is overpowered."
    • Up x 1
  13. karlooo

I hate TI Alloys. 1/3 of the whole server population is often there non stop.
    I don't understand what's so enjoyable about Ti Alloys, it's a complete clusterfuk. What's so fun about that?

A 'large scale' battle is the last thing I would call it. Large scale battles rarely happen thanks to stalemates on Biolab or TI Alloys. When they do...like once a week, it's a ton of fun, yeah.
  14. Lord_Avatar

I enjoy fighting at Ti Alloys, pretty much always have. The rooftops make for a lot of fun, especially if there is a push from the Crown via the "land bridge".