My impressions after returning

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CcyberDdemon, Jan 1, 2020.

1. CcyberDdemon

I came back to play PS2 after almost 3 years due giant-sized problems. After coming back to my favorite FPS war game not even paid games could beat, I noticed some new things. The impact of these new stuff immediately were more on the negative side than positive. To spoil my story right away, I didn't like it.

The one that annoys me the most was the inability to deploy my good ol sundie inside our own bases, but not on the non-deployment area, that's fine. But now I can't deploy not even down on the ground floor. I remember the fun being endless on these mushroom-like labs and sometimes having a sundie down the garage was decisive for a last stand. It was all about the gameplay anyway, win-win situation so I don't exactly get that nerf. It is not plot centered, realism was never a key, invaders had a lot to do with us pouring from the garage and as these tower turrets were so useless, sundie guns did the job.

Also I can see exaggerated changes on other non-deploy areas (again inside our own bases) on flat outposts, these common ones with just a floor or two. I know it doesn't sound like much, but fun with a sundie is officially dead for me.

Just sharing my disappointment, a few other things that made PS2 very uninteresting for me. Combat, we still can't bend down to the ground we can only do crouching, visuals, ships, they never really evolved neither. I heard years ago people asking to have some AI game mode or rare event, with bugs or droids or something alien - that could bring a lot of new players. Idea was never a bad one, try to imagine the chaos. But I know it was all about PvP havoc. Actually anything substantially cool would bring more and more players, it was why I started playing that game in first place. Massive chaos.

We got these NSO drones/bots now, looking like some Neill Blomkamp movie and that's nice, but only that? Orbital strikes didn't impressed me, kinda meh to me, not really doing that much of damage. There are some other bad stuff I saw but I don't think it is relevant at this point.
    • Up x 3
  2. NCLH

Its an enigma where all that money goes. You can see these RGB-LED style skins wich many players have? Those are going out for 80$!!
    I also wonder where all the bugs are coming from. Is the game written with Java Script?
  3. Pikachu

I think this video by Cyrious explains it. PS2 was on 3rd place in dev priorities. H1Z1 first, then PSA then PS2.
    • Up x 2
  4. Zizoubaba

There's a lot (a ...LOT) more stuff, which you''ll only see if you keep playing.

However most of it may seem insignificant at first because it's subtle (like the choices available to you for spawning if you re-deploy) but they are significant.

They really messed up (see my signature)..

On the positive side though, there's been some important changes in the DBG team, none of which I really know about, except that there have been some changes, and there has been quite a lot of lay-offs.

If you have a look at the top section of the forums, there's patch notes but also dev letters, if you read those, you will see we can expect some "big" (their wording not mine) changes as early as the end of Q1.

Maybe the abandon of Player Arena means that they will work harder on PS2, and I can already see some small changes, I'm hoping they'll get to work and turn this game around, cause like you, for me, it was a free to play game not even a payed game could beat.
  5. Jingstealer

Changes in the team? Perhaps we can get a lead dev who is NOT partial to the VS?