The Jockey Implant Needs a Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Scroffel5

The Rank 5 Jockey Implant's special ability is pretty useless. At rank 5, you get the 50% bonus shield while riding in an exposed vehicle seat or the gunner seat, like the previous rank, but you also give SQUADMATES who are ALSO IN VEHICLES a 20% shield bonus.

Shield bonus' only matter to the people who are also in an exposed vehicle seat, which is pretty useless. I made a post asking if it stacks with others, no answer as of yet, but this is stupid. It should give everyone who is within 50 meters the 20% shield bonus, not just squadmates who are in vehicles. Its too specific and won't be useful in almost every situation. The only times someone is in an exposed vehicle seat is on a Flash, Valk, or Harasser, and the Harasser vehicle seat won't matter much anyways. The Valk and the Flash matter the most, but even on the Valk you are in the sky, most likely out of range of behind murdered by someone who is aiming for infantry. What is the need of 20% extra shield? Then you have the Flash, which is sad that it is the most useful, as people don't need to blow up the Flash; they just need to shoot you. I find Jockey + Nanoweave to be the most useful combo while driving a Flash, but there is still no point in getting Rank 5.

What do you think?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

and these 2 are what matter,

flashcombo with engineer and infil or engineer and heavy assault ..
    valk is obvious ...

if you just allow it to everyone in reach it would snowball too hard on tankyness, especialy on defensive positions, especialy fortified ones with turrets ... ..
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

I could imagine it being quite a good choice for a dedicated valk pilot,
    Giving folks in the back a little extra shield, but for everyone else I agree it's pretty bad,

I play combat flash a lot (usually as medic for triage) so I'd definitely say yes to a useful rank 5!

Some ideas for a useful rank 5s:

Constant small shield regen,
    A chunk of shield regen when you kill an enemy while you are in an open seat,
    The open seat vehicle you're in gets a tiny overshield (100 or 200, not stackable),
    Small health regeneration until shield breaks,
    Increased headshot resistance while in an open seat vehicle.

Also while we're looking at Jockey i'd like them to make it do what it says,
    increase your shield by 50 percent, currently it doesn't do that.
    It simply adds 250 shield, but if I'm running Auxiliary Shield and Bionics then my shield is 950,
    And 250 is not 50% of 950...
  4. oOHansOo

That won't work. Jockey is only active, while you're sitting in an open vehicle seat yourself.
    Equiping Jockey as a pilot won't do anything for your passengers, unless you're driving a flash or javelin.
  5. Liewec123

really? i'd expect it to work, have you tested it? because i'd expect it to work :)