Does Jockey Stack With Itself?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Scroffel5

I think no implant stacks, but does max rank Jockey? It gives a shield bonus to those within a certain range. If I get the boost from it, I won't get another bonus if someone else is running it, will I?
  2. Scroffel5

Still need an answer.
  3. oOHansOo

I think the only way to test is to have multiple people with maxed out jockey sitting in a valk.
    But i don't think you will find a lot of players, who max out their jockey implant, since the rank 5 is so niche, the ISO is better spent somewhere else.
    The valk and the flash, and the javelin for NSO are the only vehicles in the game, where the bonus will reliable appear.
    For the engi turret, it's downright useless, since other players have to sit in an open vehicle seat, to get the increased shield bonus. Standing next to the engi does nothing.

Jockey text: While riding in an exposed vehicle seat or gunning an Engineer MANA Turret, you receive an additional 50% maximum shield health. Additionally, squadmates in vehicles within 50 meters of you also receive this benefit at 20% shield strength.
  4. Scroffel5

Wow. Thank for your bringing this to my attention. I didn't read it close enough. I thought it gave everyone within 50 meters a special bonus. Now I gotta make a post saying how useless the additional feature is...
  5. Luicanus

Honestly it's not so bad. I run it on a Medical Flash so I'm healing nearby allies and anyone who sets up the MANA turrets within 50m gets the 20% buff even if not running Jockey themselves.
    It'd be more valuable if more people used MANA turrets though.
    • Up x 1