Dear DBG, you're never going to nerf the Libs back are you? (air to ground). Well that's dumb.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Clipped!

Liberators do indeed have it too good. Way too durable when just sitting there eating rockets and flak while moving down infantry and/or scrapping vehicles, and the ability to one shot ESF's who are trying to kill one (likely who has been pestering that area for many minutes) just topped it off. Something to make it so that when they're moving really slow or not all it increases the damage libs take by a decent amount, say 20-35%. That and/or giving skyguards increased impact damage (not the flak) against libs to help them deal with the stupid amount of near 100% accuracy of bullet impact firing time they can take from one when they're hovering not 60 some meters. I've had a lib fly very flow over a triple stack building and proceed to just sit there and eat every single direct shot from my skyguard within C4ing distance via ambusher jets, and didn't even get it close to burning before it scrapped me.
    • Up x 2
  2. Zizoubaba

God .....

It was bad, but it's getting worse ...

People are starting to catch on, and there's more and more and more libs everywhere, can't ******* do a ****.

******* ******** dev I swear to god, ******* idiot
  3. oOHansOo

It was even worse in ye olden days, when the dalton had a 5 meter AoE and the damage to oneshot infantry inside that AoE.
    Good times indeed...
    But to the main point. Personally, i think the health of the liberator is not the problem itself, but the short range of dedicated AA weapons. Libs and ESF can do all the hit and run they want, because they know they won't have to run a long distance to be out of range for lockon launchers and base AA turrets.
    And for lockons this problem is exaggerated by the stealth option for vehicles, which increases the time needed for the lock to complete.
    So yeah. Increase the lockon range, decrease lockon time and maybe give flak ammunition a knockback effect, to shake aircraft around a bit. Make them lose their target.
    A Banshe mosquito should fear a burster MAX, not just point its nose at it for 2.5 seconds while taking fire from it for an easy kill.
  4. Zizoubaba

Yeah I agree it's not the HP, it's the ****nig TTK

It's ******* ridiculous, there is ABSOLUTELY NO, and I mean this, I know the meaning of the words I'm saying, THERE IS NO COUNTER.
  5. adamts01

A2G is in a decent place, if not a little weak in some cases. Anything less and it would be pointless to pull A2G. G2A is what's pathetically balanced, either too weak, or an annoying deterrent.

Have you ever had any luck with a default Shredder, or Lib for that matter? You need to spend a couple thousand certs to get it to a decent place. Mag size 3 is critical, and mag size 4 for 1k certs should be at the top of the list to get. Then you need to make it half way up the ammo capacity tree unless you want to fly back to an air pad after every kill or 2. Then you NEED to buy Hyenas, because scary Shredder gunners against ESF are more rare than scary Dalton gunners. And that's not even getting in to Air Frame, Stealth, FS.... I'll get on board with a "weak AA" argument, but the Lib is insanely expensive to get combat viable.
  6. adamts01

Maybe the old Banshee, before they halved its direct damage. Any decent Burster Max runs ordnance armor, and I'd LOVE to see a video of you easily killing one of those with a Banshee, and forget the PPA. The Air Hammer is decently suited for the task if terrain lets you get close.