Why is this flash not destroyed after being hit by a Decimator rocket? (11 second video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Zizoubaba

I tried to blur the names and stuff but gave up before having done it properly cause I couldn't get it to do what I wanted to do :/

2. Halkesh

I guess you've hit the infiltrator instead of the flash. I think it's possible to survive a decimator rocket thanks to Jokey implant, flak armor and nano-armor cloaking.
    You can thanks CAI for that.
    • Up x 3
  3. Campagne

We can see the driver has bionics and jockey equipped, so I suppose with flak armour and nano-armour cloaking it may be possible to survive a direct hit. I'm not sure if the two implants stack.

However, that's a bit of an "if," in that only if the rocket hit the infil's leg and not the flash itself. It doesn't seem to be a very likely scenario given the angles though.

I don't really think you should both to censor the names. It's not very important and unfortunately his name is still visible two different times in two different ways. Props for the effort.
    • Up x 1
  4. Villainous Hydrosa

I didn't see a hit marker, so it might be possible that you just barely missed, and it hit the ground. Though if there was one, and I just don't see it, then yeah, I agree with the others: Jockey and flak armor. Probably survived with but a sliver of health.
  5. Zizoubaba

I admit I'm not good at theorycrafting and I don't know what even most implants do. But it shows on the death screen, hes got :

Bionics and Jockey (I paused the video to see them), so you're right about Jockey.

Plus, I checked the original video on full screen and the rocket hits hte flash.. (EDIT > or maybe the right lag?)
  6. Zizoubaba

Yeah I know, I remember you're the one on the other video who pointed out that the names were still readable from kill announcements and the chat lol

I just figured that some people might not appreciate it. I personally wouldn't care, but I've met people who get really uncomfortable if they appear with in game name etc on a public forum video
    • Up x 1
  7. Zizoubaba

There is, it's the first thing I checked :

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. IVANPIDORVAN

Flash with composite armor can survive even AP shells
    But at the end of vid we can see what flash is at full health, this means what you hit the driver, as someone said above - he probably used Nano Armor Cloak and Jockey
    • Up x 1
  9. Zizoubaba

I guess that could be it..

Although the flash at full health on kill screen is often bugged ((for example, I go to tank, I hit with rocket, I place 1 c4, I detonate, but before I can place second c4 he kills me, kill screen shows full health, that happens a lot)
  10. Nuggz

Yea, stuff like this is idiotic. I don't care what you have equiped, rockets that rip holes in tanks should blast infantry apart in one direct hit.
  11. gunnner10

Don't expect PS2 to be accurate. Most Tank shells don't even 1 hit kill infantry, but candy cannons and snow balls are deadly!!
  12. Liewec123

They don't stack unfortunately, I made a post about the stupid wording of Jockey,
    Jockey doesn't "increase shields by 50%" it simply adds 250 shield, no matter how much shield you have.

That said, it is still possible to survive a direct hit
    Health pool accounting for Nano, Jockey and Auxiliary Shield is 1300.
    Decimator base damage is 1325, and if we adjust it -20% from flak it deals 1060 damage.
    Meaning the infil can indeed survive a direct hit and still have 240 health. :)
    If Bionics stacks with Nano for 1400 effective health, he wouldn't even need flak.
    • Up x 2
  13. Villainous Hydrosa

Oh, okay! I could not, for the life of me, see that.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rooklie

lol :)