Heavy Assault hit points (strong position)!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by oyasumi, Dec 20, 2019.

1. oyasumi

Suppose a bullet does 150 damage,
    1450 HP requires 10 bullets, 150x20% = 30
    Nanoweave armor resists about 300 damage.

It is very effective to restrain heavy default before EMP,
    But now it has no effect on ability,
    If you kill the enemy, you will have 1898hp. Is heavy assault too strong.

Max only has 2000 HP. If heavy assault can hold weapons with both hands, it's really too strong. It can move very fast.

proposal:1,Heavy default increases initial movement speed by 10%
    2,EMP increases ability damage by 30%
    3,Assimilate 5 reduces shield by 100
    4,It is forbidden to carry nanoweave armor with heavy default
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. oyasumi

Additional recommendations:

Ns-44 Commissioner maximum damage changed to 449

Infilter initially has 900 HP, ns-44 head attack 900 damage, which is a huge threat to the players who use the submachine gun for close attack, because only using the submachine gun can be close to the 8m range attack, and sniper infilter players will not be close to the 8m range of the enemy at all.
  3. Vanguard540

If you're playing as an infiltrator nanoweave doesn't matter so much, if you don't aim for the head and hit it consistantly you won't win 1V1 most of the time. While the heavy pump action shotguns, like a HS commissonner/blackhand can also blast you in one hit. So the problem isn't really the commissionner and nanoweave.

Changing these would affect every other class so it is not a good solution imho.

Light assaults, medics, engineers are already more present since 2016 HA nerf.
    HA have to remain as effective versus vehicles as they already are.

Unless you are the new Elusive with god's aim, every class but HA has the same potential for 1V1. Let's take the heavy pump action shotguns for instance : Light assaults, medics, engineers, and infiltrators CQC basr will all kill or die with well flicked single hit, or maybe two if you slightly overflick.

Heavy assault can tank, BASR Headshots at some ranges with the overshield.

(this doesn't need to be changed as close BASR are meant to be CQC weapons anyway, and if you have better aim at this range you should win 1V1.
    Some really skilled HA can still tripple headshot you at range with gauss saw and this is normal the guy should be rewarded for being a beast with an LMG at this range, and an LMG is an LMG).

But they can also tank a well aimed heavy shotgun strike, sometimes with overshield they will need more than 2 hits. And that's exactly where this is ******** to me. Oh and let's not forget, if you kill someone (you don't need to HS him) adrenaline shield will gain HP.

So you deal as much damage, you are as nimble (despite carrying 40Kg of equipement), but you've got the best AI sustain (HP and magazine wise) sometimes even over engineered maxes.

Like Moukass said, the overshield should protect you from explosions and vehicle weaponry, like a bonus flak armor.

Current heavy assault belongs to the old PS2 era. They're implemented with a stats mindset, unfair stats lead to one sided meta.
    Nerf their overshield but reward their accuracy and let them be the big magazine class, and buff assimilate instead. So ANY class, not just the HA gets to be the infantry machine as long as their aim is good.

You want to be a high roller? You need to land headshots. End of story no adrenaline ******** that works with lasher radius (I'm a VS main) and bodyshots.

I will stress this out once more. Infantry gameplay should be based on accuracy and not base stats, that's ********. And I'm pretty sure that's why many people complain about heavy assaults (me included).
  4. oyasumi

Since 2018, EMP has been severely weakened,

For heavy default, it is undoubtedly an enhancement.

Like some targeted equipment, weakening one side, if the other side does not make changes, it will undoubtedly cause imbalance.

Now we have assimilate equipment, which is undoubtedly enhanced.

What I want to emphasize is that in the case of a series of head shots,

His HP is definitely too much.

As shown in the figure, the explosive head kill can reach 2143hp.
  5. oyasumi

6. Demigan

I think it's because of your broken english and rather weird standpoints that you didn't get much reply.

For example you say the MAX has "only" 2000 health and that the Heavy Assault can get similar health. But you don't seem to realize that the MAX has a default 80% damage reduction for an effective healthpool of 10.000 health against infantry small-arms.

You then say that the HA should get a default 10% speed increase across the board. Which is a bit weird since it's a Heavy assault and even the mobility based Light Assault only gets 10% speed increase for it's sprint ability and nothing else if it equips it in a suit slot.

The other idea's are all hamfisted attempts as well. You are better off simply eliminating Nanoweave from the game altogether to make sure we don't see 95% of the players use it by default for example. Or you can recognize that the EMP grenade even without affecting ability energy is arguably the most powerful grenade in the game.
    • Up x 2
  7. oyasumi

Thank you. Wrong input.
    1,Heavy Assault
    Reduce the initial speed by 10%

Ha has powerful weapons and rocket launchers.

EMP is really powerful, and it is now.
    Before there was visual protection to restrain EMP, now there is, although not as strong as before.

After 17 years of updating, EMP and visual protection were weakened, but there were many new plug-ins assimilate. Ha not only did not weaken, but instead replaced the previous two plug-in slots with Assimilat, instead, it strengthened.

Iwant to say:
    In the case of continuous killing, is the ability to recover the shield too strong.
  8. Somentine

EMP needs to be nerfed, it is an unavoidable 500 dmg nade that destroys mines(shouldn't explode) and small deployables (okay), disables turrets (good), and blurs the vision of those hit (shouldn't).
    Nanoweave armour for infil exists, putting infils out of 1 commie HS range and gives them extra durability while running (35% dmg reduction).
    Adren shield for heavy needs to be nerfed or even deleted, but the over-shield itself is relatively fine.
  9. ObiVanuKenobi

N
    Nanoweave doesn't protect from headshots.
    • Up x 2
  10. Somentine

Nanocloak armour
  11. iller

I don't understand.... does EMP not shut down their Shield ability anymore?

And if not, who's brilliant goddamned Idea was that??

You're looking at a Symptom of 1hk-backstabbers & SMG-filtrators being Overpowered and attempting to apply it to EVERY Infiltrator loadout. Try playing an actual Stalker infiltrator with only Pea shooter for a few hours or the base unlock Semi-auto sniper that's literally WEAKER than all of the Scout rifles they added the past couple years
  12. Somentine

There are a number of strong pistols to use as Stalker.
    Apart from Stalker, every single infil should be using nanocloak.
    Don't use the base infil weapon? Idk how that has anything to do with the power of EMP nades or nanocloak, but ok.
  13. iller

Then you just admitted that you don't know the difference between having to aim and not having to.

Not really, you're not admitting anything and I don't like putting words in people's mouths, so YOU tell ME what it is that you think is so intimidating and threatening about normal SQUAD support spec Infils using the snipers or pistols only ? Or you're just forgetting that the EMP only removes 40% of the health pool b/c everyone runs body armor
  14. Somentine

Dude, wtf are you going on about?

EMP is incredibly strong, easy to use (No delay if it hits an object, wide AoE), and does way too much.
    EMP can be used by any Infil loadout.

Also, nanoweave doesn't give HP anymore. Every class is 500/500 except infil. NAC gives infil 500/500.

I really don't know what you're trying to say/where you are going in the rest of your post, but I guess I can try to answer. EMP is threatening in nearly any scenario, yes. Bolters are threatening, even from far away because they still can turn a 1v1 into a 2v1 and drop you in one shot or take off half ur health by simply hitting ur body. Stalker infils have some of the best (read: lowest TTK) weapons in the game, idk why you think the pilot, commie, underboss or blackhand are bad, and they have it on an invisible class designed to ambush people, which also has the added affect of clientside allowing them to get at least 1 shot off before you even hear/see them on your screen. Are stalkers incredibly dangerous to big groups? No, they lack the ammo and sustain for it.
  15. TRspy007

17 years?? Have we been playing the same game, or are you just counting in auraxis time??:D

Anyways, the emp knocks out shields, so everyone (except infils, carapce/bionics users and maxes) are affected the same by it. A loss of shields is a loss of health, and while the heavy assault does have extra health as it's ability (unless its using resist shield), it is still impacted by the emp grenade in a negative way.

Also I'm not quite sure why you base your argument on a very situational thing, it's not like the only counter to heavy assaults should be EMP grenades. The way they previously were was too op. Throw one and everyone lost shields, ability and vision. THe effects were too severe, and made everyone lose ability, not just ha. The way it is now is still powerful, but more fair.

Next, you use implants to justify the power of a heavy. You do know that everyone can use assimilate right? Assimilate doesn't even help during an engagement, it rewards skill by allowing players to recover quicker from a fight, so they can reengage faster. Nothing op or in anyway particular to the heavy assault. Sure its amazing when used correctly, but its not just heavy assaults that can use it, and it has no impact in a 1v1 scenario.

The heavy assault right now is perhaps in the weakest state it has ever been, and I find it in a decent spot. Only thing to change is to make all dumbfire launchers 1hk esfs, and decimator 1hk esfs no matter what armor they have equipped.
    • Up x 1
  16. OneShadowWarrior

Heavy Assault used to be the hard chargers, but since ALL the Lightmachineguns, Shields got the nerf boot and nanoweave no longer stacked along with headshots doing massive damage, they are just cannonfodders now.

Daybreak went overboard on nerfing heavy assault and lost veteran players who spent dollars in the game to support it to now never return.

Whining fanboys like you, led to the demise of heavy assault and Daybreaks feeble attempts at not even including a glamorous class in Arena, showed that light assault, medics and engineers aren’t going to be popular no matter how hard they try to ram it down our throats.

Actually it led them to bankruptcy.

So go ahead and keep nerfing to see more leave. I am sick of balance.
    • Up x 1
  17. JibbaJabba

1. You don't know how this all works. The max comparison is hilarious. 2 more bullets than a heavy to kill a max. LOL.
    2. The HA shield already reduces movement speed. A good heavy will not turn it on at the beginning of an engagement.
    3. Nanoweave doesn't cover the head. And realistically you're not going to fare well against anyone if you can't headshot. Truth.
    4. The EMP is OP and absolutely does not need a buff. 500 damage at full radius, kills every deployable, and impairs vision.
    5. The game has had too many nerfs already. Hate to say it. I really do... L2P friend.