[Suggestion] The Art style for NS...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BloodArmoredApostle, Dec 22, 2019.

1. BloodArmoredApostle

It sucks and is poorly done. I am embarrassed at the NS max it is like someone just attached sticks to its back and made it wobble around like a demented r etarded robot? It doesn't look cool it doesn't look like NS I had a better imagination of NS than that art style DB has pulled off. It is lazy just like the PSA attempt at getting fast cash. The max design need to be trashed and redone. It is embarrassing what DB has done to this game seriously. Sitting on top of this IP doing literally nothing. At least SOE, gave actual updates....

Even more embarrassing are these filters that censor language when this game is about killing other players. It is hypocritical, and I will never understand this protected speech crap that you have to police either. You don't realize the majority of the player base will circumvent your language police bot?
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

The original NS bots I believe were done by Doku, who more recently said he would no longer be making art for PlanetSide. If he's still not doing art, it's likely why the NS MAX is more clunky. It's supposed to look like a hacked robot (according to Wrel in the live stream) but personally I think it looks like someone with a gonky foot. Wrel did say though, that the Defector is a work in progress and the animations are still being worked on.

In terms of the profanity filter, no one needs to circumvent anything. The game provides players the option to turn it off in the settings.
  3. YellowJacketXV

The sticks were recently added too to provide more differentiation between factions as they sport the colors.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

As Wrel said, it’s a work in Progress. The basic maxes weren’t so great starting out either, 7 years of refinements brought the other Empire ones to where they are now.
  5. Liewec123

Gotta agree with him,
    Their max looks dreadful.

They should have made it look like Ymir bots from Mass Effect
    [IMG]
    With gorgons and bursters and maybe give them access to modified fury, kobalt and walker.
    The grenade lobbing just looks silly, they should atleast wield a big 2 handed nade launcher.
  6. pnkdth

I think this issue ranks somewhere near the bottom for me and it doesn't matter what they do, people will still go "I hate it." It has got that Wall-E/Chappie look I've come to expect from the robot faction.

Also, you are aware of the fact your not actually killing people, right? Not really a war either. Just big laser-tag game in a virtual world. It is fun though but I really really do not want to deal with McRageFace anger issues in a game I enjoy on my spare time. That said, I do enjoy stringing them along because the more you agree with them the angrier they get. I am pretty sure the filter is optional too, sooooooo...
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

I think they might be on about the forum censor (since he had to improvise), and I kinda agree it's annoying,
    I tried to call someone a "Grammar Naz!" The other day, but naz! Is blocked,
    Because obviously referring to an army in a historic event requires censorship!
    What about other people from the past? Shall we erase mention of Stalin next?
    It is pretty annoying censorship, and I don't think we can turn it off.
  8. Ballto21

ill give you a hint on why that particular politcal party is censored

it rhymes with news bin shower