SoKaars, Angels of Death, and VooDoo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

All I ask is, why?

SoKaars and Angels of Death are always zerging a lattice of bases when they can take all of the bases at once, and I don't understand why. When you are going 95%-5%, you should take some of your forces and take the surrounding bases. They then taunt you (literaly, not V-6) about how they are better. Then, what usually happens is that after they take a few bases, the factions retaliate and kick them off of the point and take their stuff back. They also take from the losing faction for some reason.

As for VCO, they may do a good job at defending a base, but only on the first go. I don't get why VCO is so stupid. They come to aid you by defending the base, then they immediately leave after the first sundy goes boom. Freaking stay on the point, get the base back, destroy all the sundies, and either help us attack or defend the next attack they will make after we get the point back.

So yeah, after this whole rant, all I ask is why? You are pretty much our best leaders, but you can do so much more. Why don't you take advantage of that?
  2. AlcyoneSerene

Zerging isn't fun for anyone, unless one enjoys sitting watching or being in the spawn room.

Sometimes of course it makes sense, bases that are hard to cap, expecting retaliation, going for cutoffs, trying to win alerts.

Doing it for no reason repeatedly though is strange, especially when the only result is warpgating someone before a continent alert to cause a double team scenario that isn't recoverable. In such cases, people have the freedom as well of leaving the squad and platoon seeing repeatedly how action A more than likely causes result B.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what other tools devs can provide squads and platoons. For starters, they should reinstate command chat. Not sure if opening temporary new cut-off latices during zerg scenarios could also help.

All that said, I'm in favor of the hands-off approach so if some people have fun watching paint dry, let them, and we'll use available tools to counter poor strategy.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scroffel5

Yeah, I understand when it makes sense. Thank you for your comment. I am in favor of a hands-off approach too. Its not much fun when the game forces you to do something when you actually need to do something else. Also, are you the Harasser guy who always kills me? I'm a Flash driver.
  4. AlcyoneSerene

I've done a bit of harasser lately, on all factions, for the roadkill directive. Otherwise I stick to infantry a lot of the time, cause I've always enjoyed learning the particulars of each weapon, or at least the viable ones.
  5. Skraggz

Defending VCO tells me what faction you play, they are guilty of zerging as well. All factions have an outfit that does it. Sometimes I ride that wave, sometimes i get bored and find a better fight... we all partake in a zerg every once in a while.
    • Up x 1
  6. Scroffel5

"Defending VCO?" I am not defending VCO. I just said how stupid they were, but yeah, I play NC. I only notice them when they defend, because I don't partake in a zerg every once in a while. I wouldn't know if VCO zergs, hence why I didn't mention it. I did notice yesterday when they were zerging for Tumas Tech Plant, but I told them to stop and not take it, and I don't think they did. We won the continent. Anyways, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize I play for NC when I specifically say that VCO helps US defend. They just give up too fast and its annoying because then we lose and they don't come back.

However, I know that Angels of Death and SoKaars zerg regardless of if they need to or not. I know because we have been zerged. I know that people on NC do zerg, but if I am not 100% sure that they do so, I will not go on to say that they do.
  7. Ballto21

aod has always been trash, theyre a bunch of dumb kids and grown spergs who are somehow bad at the game despite sinking thousands of hours into it.

just farm em, they cant really win alerts or whatever without zerging with 80% pop

its how i auraxed almost all my ns and most of my vs weapons before i quit
  8. ColdBackHAND

I'm not vested with any of those outfits. Who cares! Last night was was a mix of NC and VS for freaking hours. SoK, VCO against TR at some piece of crap base. Was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for zerging. It happens. Even as a former member TE zerging happens and a squad my be sent to that base and back then /kill for a gal drop on the other side of the map. General pop likes the big fight. I do as well. You can't control hang arounds and you can't control leadership for attacking a lane. Not enough pop for all the bases. It needs to be PS1 lines of attack now.

As for the ^ Boldly spoken for a person who used a outfit to benefit himself and convey the message he didn't need a outfit to achieve such personal gain.
  9. Atorum

Could SKL members go back to Sol Tech, we dont need your garbage level latency on Emerald, thank you, also, take Australians with you.