[Suggestion] Maybe stop being VS biased @devs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vonRichtschuetz, Dec 13, 2019.

1. vonRichtschuetz

Are you kidding me? Cold Heart, an implant that's only useable for VS as the auraxium reward for the christmas directive?
    • Up x 2
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

They did add a 20% reduction to heat on the Engineer's repair tool.. though I personally don't feel it outweighs the drawbacks of being anything but VS.

What's worse for me is that I already have that implant. And I got a dupe of it from the ISO recycler. There's no reason for me to go for the T4 of the directive unless I want the title... and I never use them so there's no point.

I get what they were trying to go for. It's meant to be something winter-themed... but it's just such a poor choice.
  3. vonRichtschuetz

A 20% reduction for engineer tools? The same engineer that literally gets force disconnected from the server if he goes full support and only repairs and drops ammo? Does that engineer get kicked 20% faster then?
    • Up x 3
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

Yep! It's a sad world we live in.

I wonder if they even bothered to notice.

The whole implant just feels like a big middle finger to anyone not VS... and now, a big middle finger to anyone, like myself, who mains Engineer.
  5. Scroffel5

Give us an NS heat weapon or faction specific heat weapons or both.
    • Up x 1
  6. YellowJacketXV

Have you even SEEN Wrels old videos?

There's a reason VS deserve to be warpgated with extreme prejudice. The fact that they are a murder-cult that siphons away your individuality is only one of those reasons.
    • Up x 6
  7. Liewec123

This^

We have a VS guy as lead developer,
    He played VS, VS get all of the best toys,
    He hated NC max, NC maxes got nerfed to unviability

Merry Xmas TR and NC, have a VS implant.
    at this point I think he's pretty much just trolling...
    • Up x 6
  8. OgreMarkX

The best part of the continued bad design of Planetside 2, is watching Youtubers tap dance around the real reason.

TR Trait: Lot's of ammo and bullets in a clip. ---> Gives VS unlimited ammo weapons, one of which has splash damage. Derp derp derpity derp derp derp.

TR Trait: Fast vehicles. ---> Gives VS Tank default afterburners. No downside. Gives TR a SHOOT ME shield that forces TR Tank to sit still (and blocks F2 gunner view). Derp derp derpity derp derp derp.

Just Toxic Sheep.
    • Up x 1
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Where are Campagne and Demigan !!??

This is your time, take no prisoners here :):):):p:):):) !!!!
    • Up x 4
  10. Liewec123

and the VS have a brand new exclusive trait "hitbox-hack ammo"!
    available on carbines, lmgs, smgs and even their damn max! XD
    can't aim? don't wanna download risk downloading hitbox hacks? no worries, Wrel's got your back!
  11. Smallzz

You realize that the best VS weapons all have counterparts on the NC/TR, some of which are superior to the VS weapons in every regard? Compare the MSW-R to the vaunted Orion sometime. It's a direct upgrade. Even the VS 167 dmg weapons are all inferior to their NC counterparts.

The "faction trait" that VS used to have was more .75 ADS weapons because the plasma/laser technology was supposed to be lighter and easier to handle than heavier traditional guns. That has been removed.

Even VS players who own Cold Heart and a Betelgeuse (which is a pretty tall order in and of itself, since both are difficult to acquire) rarely if ever use both in combination. Cold Heart just doesn't offer anything significant over meta implants, even for the one gun it should be useful on.

What people should really be upset about is the change to engie repair tools and cold heart, which is gonna make 3-4 man valks even more impossible to kill. Instead you all are jacking each other off about how the VS is so overpowered? What is this 2013? When did you guys pop out of stasis?
    • Up x 2
  12. iller

I don't mind Wrel being the "Social Metrics" Dev... but FFS, get representation for the other 2 factions too.
    Cyrious from MERC is obviously a good Rep for T.R. ...but None of the Outfit leads for the N.C. even understand why their Faction has such atrocious Turnover. You basically need someone who understands that the NC is a Star-shaped Peg trying to fit into all of Planetside's various sized Hexagons. And I'll be damned if DimGiant or w/e's left of 666 has ANY concept of that reality. Maybe some obscure dude on Emerald or Briggs gets it but N.C. is perma-f**cked AFAIK.
    • The Gunplay is just plain BAD for them and the top players all recognize it. They all switched factions for OPS.
    • The Battleflow is even worse for them because they have strategic awareness of sick cats on DMT
    • The Airgame is a wet fart in the wind for NC for too many never-addressed reasons to mention here
    • And their "Breach" tactics always boil down to: 1> get over 60% pop 2> Nade Spam till all TR/VS medics dead
    We would need a Serious discussion about the INHERENT inequities between the average player across each faction and the different technical hurdles they face and that's just not going to happen on Reddit or here either. There's always too many Tryhards sh***ing it up with their "Just git gud" Denial. You want Gaming Toxicity? That's the REAL stuff right there, when you're so damned locked into your comfort-zone position from YEARS of sunk cost fallacy that every word that comes out of your mouth is about preserving the Status Quo. That's just straight up Xenophobia and its fine when your game Community still has TOO MANY people in it (like WOW or LOL) but we don't have that luxury here anymore gentlemen.

Planetside could be on the chopping block next. Cancelling PSA does NOT mean that resources are going back to PS2, not when the Vulture capitalists are looking at this toxicity and these turnover rates and hard confirming their own biases that it'd just be throwing more good money after bad
    • Up x 1
  13. BrbImAFK

Don't waste your time, mate. The kind of person who's gonna RAEG on the forums about the devs being totally biased in favour of one faction or another is not persuadable by logic or facts. Arguing with them is just gonna annoy you and prolong the existence of the post. IMO, just quietly let the crazy pass from the front page into the obscurity it deserves.
    • Up x 1
  14. DarkStarAnubis

I said that many times... TR and NC infantry weapons are - in general- harder to manage in terms of recoil/CoF but overall they deal -in general--more DPS compared to their VS equivalent.

So, all other factors notwithstanding, if you manage well recoil/CoF of TR/NC weapons you'll get better results -in general- playing those factions compared to VS, you are dealing more raw DMG at the end of the day.

Just like you get better results with ES weapons as opposed to NS ones, which are more tuned toward precision Gameplay.

That is - in general-. An Elite player will kill with ANY weapon.

No wall of texts please on the superiority of the Betelgeuse against other LMGs. The Betelgeuse is an Orion with infinite ammo and no attachment options. And the Orion is a good weapon so the Betelgeuse is a good weapon too, probably better in terms of usability (FWIW since a Betelgeuse is in the hand of a player with +5K kills with LMGs, so he/she is good) compared to the Auraxium LMG of other factions.

But not every VS HA runs around sporting a Betelgeuse.
  15. vonRichtschuetz

That's a huge goalpost moving from "only VS can use this implant" - which I agree, was worded poorly, I should have said "only VS even has heat based weapons" - to talking about how op whatever weapon is, which I didn't say anything about at all. Slightly off topic, but I'm not convinced I should fear a 4-man Valkyrie more than let's say, 2 2-man Liberators.

The problem is, that this implant, which is rewarded for a directive that's the same for all characters, has more uses for VS than it has for the other two factions. It shows laziness of the devs because the reason they chose it probably is that it's name has "cold" in it and it's currently winter. And it shows their ignorance to put it as a neutral reward, despite knowing this implant is different for VS.

Judging by the rest of your post, thank you for not providing any argument on topic at all. However I appreciate your effort of posting here to prolong the existence of the post.
  16. Demigan

MY KEYBOARD BROKE

Guess why ;)
    • Up x 3
  17. Johannes Kaiser

Had wondered if I should bother with the directive this winter. Appears not...
    • Up x 1
  18. AlcyoneSerene

I haven't.

Going by the lore, the VS is the only faction who are actually trying to save humanity from "The Enemy," so it's truly 'evolve, or perish' cause by the time TR & NC realize the bigger picture, they'll be wiped out on both Auraxis and Earth.

Maybe as the lore develops, the other factions including NS will learn of it in time too and perhaps have their own answers on how to deal with it in their own unique ways.
  19. YellowJacketXV

No, the TR is the only faction trying to save humanity.
    The Terran Republic existed for hundreds of years on earth. It was only during the expedition to Auraxis where all hell broke loose. They're still the peacekeepers of order and have always been, at least until the day Tom Connery was assassinated in some foolish move. After Connery went, the TR had to react and become as iron-fisted as they have now. A military coup must be met with military might.

Compare that to the VS which their leader picked up some random alien artifact that wiped his mind and instilled some phrase. It's totally just a brainwashing attempt from the previous alien threat that was planning to invade earth all those years ago. Briggs even took his life after starting the ordeal, probably because he realized he had been played like a damn fiddle by an alien threat that we have NO CLUE about.

And the VS want to hook themselves up to this stuff!

It's also not uncommon for VS to take prisoners and force them to be hooked up to their weird hive-mind technology. Face it, the VS are basically the goddamn Borg and are the greater threat that NEED to be wiped out or else humanity might as well be doomed. The moment we can get the rebels to realize they're getting played by a bunch of capitalists and war profiteers is the second we're establishing order and evicting the purple, alien menace for good.
  20. Liewec123

so tell me, how many heat weapons do TR and NC have? i forget.
    oh wait, ZERO.

facts and logic?
    FACT: VS have the only implant in the game with a faction specific trait, there are no implants that only effect TR/NC.
    FACT: DBG are making this Implant with the VS exclusive trait the final tier reward for all factions.
    the facts and logic aren't with you if you came to the conclusion that this is fair...

its kinda sucky that VS get an implant with faction specific traits anyway (i don't care how useful it is.),
    when TR and NC don't, but to make THAT implant the final tier reward for all players?!
    you really can't see why some of us would consider this as Wrel going full trollmode with his bias?

but hey,
    atleast now my VS toon can get 30% faster refires popping heads with my infinite ammo sniper rifle with no bullet drop.
    • Up x 4