TR guns are awesome

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Dec 2, 2019.

1. adamts01

MSWR dps blows the NS15 away. The torque 9 has the quickest heads hot ttk in the game. The kindred is an absolute dps monster when properly bursting.

If course they can't all be winners though. I do prefer NC LMGs for example. I typically use the NS15 on VS and TR. NC is actually the only faction where I don't ever use NS guns. I prever VS and NC SMGs over TR too.

VS battle rifles are flat out better than TR and NC.

So maybe I should rephrase my opinion. TR carbines and ARs are awesome!
  2. Campagne

These are some pretty weak claims. Magazine size? Really? Is 50-100 bullets per mag not enough already? Grasping at straws if the best argument for the TR's inferiority is based on magazine sizes.

Not only are you comparing the wrong sets of LMGs, you're conveniently forgetting the TR have magazine boosts in other weapon classes as well.

The Carv & Orion are rough equivalents, the NC lacks a 143/750 model LMG entirely. The Orion is probably better but if all you care about is magazine size the Carv's 100-round capacity is obviously superior.

Once again the NC lack a 143/750 damage model for LMGs, so the next closest is the Anchor. Both are shorter-ranged LMGs with soft point ammo and advanced laser sights as options. Likewise with the Polaris, not the Flare.

The NS15M is not comparable, it serves an entirely different niche. It's also existed since the beginning of the game along side the MSW-R, IICRC, so no, the claim the MSW-R is "no longer unique" because of it is foolish.

The TMG-50's VS equivalent is the Ursa, not the Polaris. Both have the same attachment choices and a 75-round magazine. The SAW is a special niche weapon, the NC's actual rough equivalent is the EM6. It does have 25 more rounders per magazine and can (but shouldn't) equip an extended magazine, for what that matters.

Watchman is once again a special niche weapon. However I cannot help but notice you're somehow complaining about the weapon's magazine size, despite it having the largest default magazine size in the game. Ya' know, second to the TR's Butcher anyway.

What you've neglected to mention is the EM1/Promise--Rhino--Polaris set. Of these, the NC can have 200/150 rounds at max, the TR's Rhino has the same 200-round max, and the Polaris is sitting at the base 100.

When you actually compare the correct sets and not just list off the ordering from the wiki you'll find the TR do not suffer in magazine sizes. However, once again that is probably one of if not the weakest possible reason to claim inferiority outside of an extreme.

The Butcher got an extra 50 round for free on top of a flat DPS boost, and you're complaining that it's only an extra 50 rounds? The GODSAW lost 35 and is functionally the same (or technically worse) as the base, aside from a better reload for the smaller capacity and the tickle AV mode. But hey I guess 'cause the devs. failed to make it a belt-fed it must be **** or something.

NS weapons simply do not compare to TR, VS, or NC weapons. They have low DPS, long TTKs, low recoil, and high accuracy. They are versatile and easy to handle. NSX weapons are almost all terrible, as they suffer stupid flaws which limit effectiveness.

If the TR's weapons fell short in other classes or metrics one ought to have no difficulty demonstrating this, yet you lead with one of the most irrelevant weapon stats? At or above 50 rounds it's not going to really matter as much as anything else will.

This is just simply not true. As has been stated time and time again, high damage/low RoF weapons are more often than not objectively worse as they are far more punishing without offering any kind of actual meaningful advantage.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

+1 on TR Carbines (Kindred, Cougar, Lynx, T-5 AMC, ...) but I wouldn't trash the MSW-R for CQC and the T-32 Bull at range: both have snappy reload, good damage and the Bull is NS-15ish in terms of precision.

The Watchman too would be -IMHO- one of the best all-round LMG except for that 5.5/7 seconds to reload it.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

I regretted giving LMG to my engineer, hopefully when I get the option and expense to respec my ASP skills, I can take Assault Rifles.

Not all the weapons are bad and I agree stuff like the Cougar, Lynx, Jaguar are decent. Heavy Assault class isn’t what it used to be.