Best 5 NC LMG's?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gobbu, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Exileant

:confused: It really isn't.... o_O Hence the reason Gauss Saw is so lethal.
  2. then00b

As you're trying to aurax them all I think you'll unlock both grip and laser just because each base will have long or short distances between you and incoming enemies. You will probably just choose which is best for each life from my experience. Well also depends on your playstyle I guess, if you're super aggressive the laser might be more useful since you're too close for much ads anyways. If you're usually intending to stay behind or near cover then grip sure.
    And test each gun in vr, some may not need one or the other attachment.
  3. Campagne

Are you seriously trying to argue that low RoF isn't detrimental to a weapon?

It really isn't.... o_O The SAW is pretty run-of-the-mill in terms of effectiveness. With great effort it can manage to kill just as fast as something else can with a fraction of the skill, super.
  4. Exileant

:confused: Sound's like a "you" problem if you had issues picking up the Saw. o_ORate Of Fire does impact weapons a little, however to balance out games, weapons in this category almost always equal or surpass those at the opposite end of the scale as far as kill times are concerned. The major difference is, the slower something shoots, ( So long as the round speed remains sensible ) the easier it is to land something, as you tried to say with the Battle Rifles. Where you went wrong there is both of them shoot much slower that the slowest A.R. type so the Dragoon firing a tad faster but it leagues ahead of the O. ;) When you are talking about things in the ranges of 500-800, your argument's rules apply. (I do not think you are stupid, just misguided. You tend to apply the right facts to the wrong situations, and that is why I said it is better to test out your findings rather than rely on Wiki to give you information. The Saws are like over clocked Battle Rifles. :confused:They hit insanely hard and are easily controlled thanks to the time elapsed between the next round fired. :eek: The Saw is a monster, and of any weapon you have access to, none will ever reward you with the kills at the ranges nor speed of its class. o_O To this day, it is the one weapon that no amount of training has made much difference when facing one, save for when I am on T.R...... :D T.R. stands for Tread Regularly. :p I mean just because you cannot spell Trash without a T. and R. does not mean their weapons are garbage.
  5. Campagne

Wrong on all accounts there, buddy.

RoF affects everything very significantly, it's foolish to say otherwise. Would the Kindred be as stupidly amazingly powerful as it is if the RoF was cut by just 100 max RPM? How about a Lynx, would it still be good with only 800RPM instead of 909? Or maybe you think a SAW with a RoF of 600 RPM would be worse for some reason. :rolleyes:

Also no, most if not all high damage/low RoF weapons kill in the same or longer amounts of time as the inverse.

The slower something fires, if the RoF is not so stupidly low that it's practically a semi-automatic or worse, the less easy it is to compensate for recoil. Low RoF causes sharp stepping patterns which cannot be controlled as well by simply pulling the mouse down at whatever angle is necessary. High RoF weapons experience a small stream of minor increases in recoil, which can be controlled by only pulling the mouse down in a uniform motion. And again, you're just flat out lying about something literally anyone can go back and see.

The SAW deals much less damage than the Gen II BRs do and has way less accuracy to boot. Trying to control the recoil against a distant target with the SAW is not even close to doing the same with a Bishop.

Hilariously, the Vanquisher can kill considerably faster at range than a SAW can and it's damn near point-and-click to boot.
  6. TobiMK

1. Gauss SAW: Single most versatile LMG in the game in terms of engagement range, once you get used to the slightly higher vertical recoil it's also perfectly accurate. It has insane damage per mag and the ability to kill in 3 headshots at any range, both of which make it extremely powerful. Use with 1x and a laser sight, since the gun has virtually no horizontal recoil (common trend among NC LMGs). If you're short on certs though, just stick with the advanced grip.

2. GD-22S: It's like a mini-Anchor, with slightly lower DPS in return for less recoil and faster reload. The gun did suffer quite significantly from the damage dropoff nerfs, but it's still a fun weapon to use and aurax. Use with 1x scope, flash suppressor, laser sight, Soft Point Ammo (if available).

3. Anchor: The Anchor is the best NC LMG, thanks to its high DPS and good hipfire. It's not as user friendly as the GD-22S, but the general low recoil of NC LMGs makes this a non-issue. Use with 1x, flash suppressor, laser sight and Soft Point Ammo.

4. EM6: The EM6 is an Anchor with twice the bullets but some tradeoffs in other stats. It's often overlooked, it's a very solid weapon. Use with 1x, flash suppressor, laser sight, Soft Point Ammo (if available).

5. NS-15M or Promise: Bit of preference, personally I'd use the NS-15M since the 0.75 ADS speed multiplier is very powerful and also refreshing. Promise is also solid though, but doesn't get a similar trait to make up for the low DPS. Use either with 1x, flash suppressor, laser sight or grip (preference), Soft Point Ammo (if available). On the Promise you can choose between a velocity attachment or extended magazines.

SAW S and EM1 both do not offer much of value, they suffer from lower DPS in return for being more accurate, but they don't do it as well as the NS-15M or Promise.
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

:D Again, it is a YOU issue.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

well both the saw s and em1 are however cheaper than the promise so there is the question of weither or not the promise´s performance is a great enough difference to warrant the certinvestmeant over any of the other 2 ....
    way i see it the promise is for close rangepeppering were the EM 1 is for midrangrepeppering considering the ROF and velocityvalues of the 2 ...

imho the gausssaw is not a good weapon upclose unless you HS a lot ..
    otherwise it has too low a RoF vs other LMGs even with its high dmg per bullet ...
  9. Campagne

Talkin' to you makes me feel smrt.

In my opinion the costs aren't so significant that the performance differences are worth less than the certs.

It costs about 330-430 certs per each gun's attachments anyway, that's already more or less the same as the initial cost difference of the base guns in the first place.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

i think this does matter when you are still relatively fresh and are looking for a second or 3rd lmg to purchase ..

granted the argument is made one should upgrade his class´s suitslot and abilities first instead of going for other LMG´s/weapons but ... eh ...
    .... ... i still havent fully upgraded my classes but my engineer repairskill and ammoskill :p ...
  11. Exileant

;) I know it does. :confused: Perhaps some of my knowledge will rub off on you one day so you don't just FEEL smart but will actually have BECOME smart..... Or at least.... The best version of "smart" you can emulate. :eek: ANYTHING upward is an improvement, right Mister Smrt? :D Hahahahaha!
  12. Demigan

It is with great anticipation that we will await your first ever smart comment and hope that knowledge rubs off.
    • Up x 1
  13. Exileant

o_O I am sorry, I refuse to bray like a donkey in order to get you to register what I say as smart. :eek: Do NOT walk into stuff like that, it is no good for your face. :p Hahahaha!
  14. pnkdth

It is quite interesting to see how different the stats become when you look at Q1-4 in KPU on LMGs recommended (LA1 Anchor, MSW-R) and how they seriously outperform the Orion in the same tier of users. When you start to introduce other LMGs like the MAW, SVA (which is, along the LSW, severely underrated), and so on you really start to see how each faction uses their weapons. SPOILER ALERT: the default weapons on both NC/TR gets switched out by weapons which outperform the Orion (yes, even in lower BR tiers). The Orion, in fact, performs quite poorly when you start comparing it to other LMGs.

Also, is there any way to find Q1-4 uniques on voidwell? or another source?

Anyhow, turns out newbies aren't quite as ignorant and helpless as they're made out to be.

Still think the SAW is a derpy choice as the default weapon though. Especially since both the other factions get a bunch of closer ranged weapons... But it has been said and ignored for years so join me is shouting against a brick wall. :<
    • Up x 1
  15. Exileant

o_O I have been saying the Orion was sub-par for years especially with things like the saw out there.... ;) Thank you for speaking some more truth.
  16. Campagne

What's really interesting is how a thread about NC LMGs can turn to how the other factions' LMG fair...

Anyways, I really shouldn't have to tell you that comparing a default weapon to a non-default weapon is going to give skewed results.

Not only does the Orion have way more users, they're all more likely to be completely new and inexperienced whereas anyone who bought another gun with either certs or cash probably already knew what they wanted and likely had the certs to spend.

As for the higher levels of players, the pure mass of players using the Orion over other weapons greatly deflates user stats. This can be very easily observed with just about every single default or highly popular weapon in the game.

Otherwise, why has it been 7 whole years now of default SAWs? The devs. ought to just give out free GD-22s and set it as the new default. Like they did with the newly default shotguns, everyone who didn't have one already gets it for free and all new characters start with them. Anyone who payed for it is an unfortunate victim of circumstance.
    • Up x 1
  17. pnkdth

It was quite important to establish a difference in how the factions use their LMGs. Indeed, that NC tend to opt out of their default more often. You should absolutely consider the fact default LMGs have deflated stats so I would not recommend a stat by stat comparison to non-defaults.

The SAW as a default is one those eternal mysteries of life, I guess. Some things are not meant to be understood...