[Suggestion] Is it absolutely necessary to shut down servers at EU prime time?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deffington, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Deffington

Dear american company, there is something called timezones. In short, it means that not everyone has the same time as you do. While you sleep, other servers are at their best fights. Please consider that with planning your updates. - From Soviet Europe with love.
    • Up x 3
  2. Towie

Unfortunately - due to the 'World' - there's no perfect time. However i'd agree that DBG perfect time - seems to conflict with European prime time - more often than not.

But hey, the fact that they are doing a pretty significant update from a goodies point of view is actually positive in my books. Maybe they do care after all ? Maybe they could sort out the cheats at the same time ? Maybe i'm smoking too much funny stuff I found in my garden...
  3. Scroffel5

They are shutting it down during Eastern Prime Time too.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

The timing may not be great, but at least it's better done now than the weekend.
  5. Liewec123

i know some companies do rolling updates,
    patching the servers from different regions at a sensible time for that region,
    so everyone gets patches outside of primetime.

i think when i played WoW they used to do it like that, its a good idea,
    it also means that if they discover game breaking errors when they release it in the first region
    they can iron out those bugs before the other regions get the patch so atleast not everyone is blocked.

and friday is usually one of the best and busiest times.
    so i WAS looking forward to it, espescially on a double xp event, but now i know that DBG will be taking the servers down
    right at the beginning of primetime and for the duration of primetime...brilliant.
  6. Exileant

:( I feel for you. :confused: We do not have a mandatory shutdown that I am aware of. :p I used to play this when D.C.U.O. would shut down.
  7. Liewec123

IIt seems DBG have responded to this thread, (kinda), by generously choosing to give us ANOTHER hotfix,
    tonight at the beginning of primetime, with "downtime expected to last 2 hours".

R.I.P Primetime
    Grow some braincells DBG...

This is my one availiable game night this week,
    again ruined by DBGs utterly ******** choice to say FU to the rest of the world and patch at primetime.
  8. Deffington

Oh yeah, after an update in prime time at tuesday, broken login servers at prime time yesterday we are getting a new shiny maintenance today, ofc course, in EU prime time. So, you really don't want me to buy any of those bundles, right?
    • Up x 1
  9. Deffington

I don't think it has to be done for all servers at the exact same time. Could pick like 4am local times.
    • Up x 1
  10. Orakel

Would be nice if we get 4x Exp the whole weekend for all this server downtime during european primetime !!
    • Up x 2
  11. Liewec123

i know right? yesterday i was actually thinking about resubbing and buying two boosts just to totally smash the xp today,
    then i got home from work and saw that they were going to pull another primetime maintenance on my one day off...
    DBG went and reminded me how clueless they are, thanks for the wakeup call DBG!
    saved me some cash!
    • Up x 1
  12. Towie

DOWN AGAIN - for 'Scheduled Maintenance' - hmmm

We've had problems in the past when significant changes have come in - but the recent updates have been more for a cashgrab ahem goodies bundles right ?

Don't know about you guys but personally i'm not (really) enjoying the double XP event, nor the heroic boost.
  13. JudgeNu

Maybe the EU limits Bandwidth at certain times to give everyone the equal opportunity to suffer.
  14. Liewec123

servers back up (cobalt atleast) lets salvage what is left of primetime!
  15. Liewec123

This gem made me laugh:

Repeated patching during EU primetime and then they post this, almost like a taunt...
    so apparently yes, they can patch regions seperately outside of their primetime, but only if you're american,
    because us commoners in the rest of the world arent worth the courtesy.