WHAT THE HELL

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DamageDone, Nov 18, 2019.

1. JibbaJabba

Among many ways to ensure nobody pays attention to the point you are making:

Be a f'n homophobe.
    • Up x 2
  2. Naskoni

Sure, of course you don't blame your suckage on anything or anybody else, especially not the game:

Looks like blaming the game, its balance, its size, your pleb computer, internet connection, lag, etc. I mean your noobtard less than 0.49 KD has absolutely nothing with you sucking at the game... really... Also, in related news, blaming your suckage on other stuff totally doesn't mean you suck at the game either. For realz!

That's a funny way of saying that you are a nobody...
  3. JibbaJabba

gfys
  4. Scroffel5

What did I say?

"I do not blame the game for being bad at the game."

You can't blame the game for being bad at the game. You are the one playing it. I don't blame the game for me being bad at it. I blame my computer, my internet, and me. The game is a big game. You are going to get a killed a lot if you are laggy. I am not blaming the game for me being bad at it, just emphasizing that you die a lot in a big, online game. In a small, not online game, you would die much less and do much better, but when you play online, you have to rely on internet to do so, meaning some people have advantages. KDR doesn't mean you are bad at the game. If you are one of the most strategic players in the game and can take a base with the resources you have, against all odds, and command a squadron to victory, are you bad? Well, tell that to any commander who is no longer in combat, but in a leadership role. Tell that to everyone who has ever won the continent at the last few seconds due to an amazing plan and assault. KDR does help to see what players you want in your squad and platoon, but at the same time, it is a number. Numbers can be fabricated and numbers such as KDR have underlying variables as to why.

also, your opinions are never very good, and most people don't like you. You don't help it by being a jerk.

Edit: Also also, my point in even mentioning all those variables was to show that there is a reason for everything. Remove those variables that you can't control and then you are all of a sudden a good player? If or when I get a better computer for playing more taxing games, I'll remember that, and I'll remember how I was never a good player until I got a good KDR.
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

I hadn't actually noticed that he called them gay. I know some people have hate and fear of gays but I've always been surprised. Why would you hate them or fear them? What's the deal? They like their own gender, so what? I don't want to watch it or know details, but I don't want that for 99% of the world population regardless of their sexual preferences. When you call someone gay it's like a failed attempt at insulting that person to me, the only thing offensive is that you are trying to be offensive.
    Just my thoughts about that.
    • Up x 1
  6. TR5L4Y3R

how would be capturing bases that are not adjacent to yours be more difficult to capture when there is no enemy defending it?
    what would be the disadvantage to attack far bases?

the latice is there for a reason it is there to EXACTLY go for the adjacent bases, not just attack random spots ..

take away the lattice, give back the ability for armies to attack anywere .. sunderers would become obsolete and replaced with galaxies .. attacks would be all over the place with few actual battles happening, infils could go anywhere to hack terminals and cripple bases for defenders before they could get there in time ...

we had this all before, we have been there and done it .. it was fooking chaos and not exactly fun ...
  7. TR5L4Y3R

PFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ......... AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ....

*looks at sh itty flight controls that can´t be propperly configured nor keypresssensitivity as well as many a2a options being pathetic*

...... WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA .....

*looks at horribly imballanced maxes, bad G2A and infantry vs vehicle play*
    BWWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... oh you fooking sure can ...
    there is personal skill AND the game offering you the propper tools ...
    • Up x 1
  8. DamageDone

You are correct.. I am older. I am use to the word "gay" being an insult...just old school i guess. I'm trying to embrace all the gayness in the world...i mean its force fed to everyone now. Considering i'm not a homophobe as you say..i will apologize. I purely meant that umm ...the developers..uhhh, who made the Kill Cam..ummm ..they think different then most...and uhh..ummm i strongly disagree with them. I could care less if anyone reads this...but you know what?..it sure felt good getting it off my chest. Maybe..just maybe..if enough people ***** about it there is the slightest of chances..a very very small chance that they will revert it. Most likely not, because they are...
  9. Scroffel5

It'd be harder because you are surrounded by their territory. For instance, think about real life war strategics. You don't push a convoy past their front lines to go and take their main base, do you? Thats a failure waiting to happen, though I wasn't thinking about the "no enemies defending it" part. The disadvantage, I guess, would that it would be easier to take back and harder to take from them because of a longer timer or something, since you have no connected territory, but from that base you can try to backcap another base so your team has multiple angles of attack? I don't know, I didn't think this far TR5L4Y3R!!!!

My point is that dying doesn't mean you are bad. If you die to a mechanic in the game that you are subject to, it doesn't mean you are bad. It just means that you died to a bad mechanic. Its not the game's fault if you are bad at the game. Take Monopoly. You can't blame the game if you roll the dice bad and make poor decisions. Yes, Monopoly is not an online game, where there are different mechanics and variables at play, but the point still stands. If you make poor decisions and die as a result to them, you can't blame the game. We do anyways, hence why we are at the forums, asking for nerfs, buffs, and leaving our opinions about what should change.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

this is a game ... real life war rules

errr wrong
    roling the dice in monopoly is luck dependant unless you delibrately manipulate it with some trick .. but that would be sorta cheating no? the thing is because it´s luck dependand there are a number of variables to consider .. primarily if you get on the desired street or not, weither your opponents get a part of the street you yourself hold or not, what about trainstation, the hydroplant or juwelry etc.?
    even if monopoly is very luckbased you need to adapt as the streets get bought up and eventualy upgrated with houses and hotels .. and in the last phase it becomes a matter of if you land on a well build street to have to pay a high ammount of rent weither or not you have enough money for the next round or weither or not you have to sell a street in order to survive the next round to eventualy pay rent again .. sooo a fair ammount of variables for such a rather straight forward game ..

you should rather take non luckbased games such as chess or checkers/draughts or GO ... these have fixed rules at which players have to make clear decisions ..
    now granted PS2 has a number of factors and variables that can account to luck or missfortune of which you may have no control over but like 90 to 95 percent of the actions and situations that occur during the game are purely made by playerimput ...
    now saying this may emphasize your statement of rather blaming the player himself than the game for bad actions or experiences and this is true ... but then the game itself with its ruleset, buildup and stats may have a number factors and variations (as well as flaws) were a player is simply at disadvantage without being capable to do much to anything about it ... and unlike such simpler boardgames it is very difficult for a new player to have a good understanding of the overall buildup and ruleset of the game cause it isn´t transparent ... in which case yes you can blame the game in its way of how it is build up and/or flawed ..
  11. Scroffel5

"This is a game" is a weak argument. The principle still applies. When you are surrounded, thats a big bad thing.

Rolling the dice is impacted by you. If you roll the dice a special way or shake the dice enough times to change its orientation, it will impact the result of said dice roll, whether you know it or not. Also, there is no such thing as luck. Also also, you people take everything I say as literal and set in stone. I was using Monopoly as an example. You can't blame the game for you being bad at the game or losing. Some things you may not have control over, sure, but you can't blame the game because you lost at the game, not for the things you have control over.

Besides all of this, my point still stands. You can't blame the game because you are bad at the game, and I was talking to a dirtbag who wouldn't even understand that, let alone question it to understand. You don't have to comment and critique every single thing I say.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

being surounded by enemy territory means nothing when said enemy is not there to defend or attack from it ... territory alone doesn´t mean much if the enemy does not fully respont to reroute its troups to that territory ...
    this being a game is very much a arguement cause otherwise certain weapons if not all would be more complex and difficult to use, more expensive and also at the same time MUCH MUCH MORE powerful and devastating to the point of unfairness and frustration ..

i am not "you people" i am merely me ... i´m not "you guys" or "we" ... can we stay being singular persons with personal opinions not talking for anyone else?
    rolling the dice no matter how you throw it is a matter of chances even if you manipulate it you can still can get a bad value ..
    were as in PS 2 while there are chances they are rather minimal and you have a much clearer and transparent way to impact the result ...

yea i simply disagree with your statemeant ..
    being bad at a game can have many reasons that are not purely limited to personal lack of skill or understanding of said game ...

weither or not i want to criticize statemeants is my choice as it yours to accept said critique, disagree with it or ignore it ..
    and i will go and talk about statemeants or topics i see a reason to talk about ..
  13. Scroffel5

i didn't read any of this. i don't care enough to argue it with you. whatever.
  14. TR5L4Y3R

fixed
  15. Exileant

:confused: Personally I like seeing who killed me in-game you never really get to see peoples hard work put forth as far as character design goes, it gives them time to taunt in my screen which is always funny, and show off their unique look. ;) That is why I do. You are playing a game that uses Nanites to build vehicles and Clones.... o_O Yes, I am sure, (realistically speaking) your character, that is made out of tiny machines can see much more than just one angle after they have been blown apart or killed or at the very least they record what just happened..... :rolleyes: So come on. Roll with it. :D Besides if the real Pro's do not care in the least about the camera, why should you?
  16. Scatterblak

I think there were better ideas. The lattice denuded larger regional strategies completely, because it was made to funnel people into fights to address dropping pop. End of story. The same thing could have been accomplished without feeling ham-handed and contrived, by simply adjusting the XP or resource gen or other factors. Capping a base next to one you own? Fine. Capping one thats one grid away? Half XP, Half resource regen. Farther? No XP, but the strategic value might be worth it. There were other suggestions as well, but the goal (and it wasn't really nefarious, more shallow than anything else) was to focus on the tactical as opposed to the strategic, because there just aren't any good tools for managing large, distributed forces. One of the other things that was discussed 4+ years ago was a separate UI that commanders could flip to that would have tools for comms, rapidly placing points and targets, drawing on the maps, etc. Even now, if you dig into the World Map UI, you'll find tools for drawing on the map, typing, etc. Last time I checked, they didn't work very well, and the rest of my squad couldn't see them, but it's enough to know what could have been - no lattice, no forced areas of allowed battle, scaled incentives to engage in force, and the ability for well-organized forces to make large-scale strategic decisions across the entire continent. Those would have been real battles! Right now, we have Quakeworld with bigger maps, more players, vehicles, and pitiful net code.