Unable to Play Planetside 2 since Anniversary Update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elvensong, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Elvensong

Hey everyone. I want to report that since the 7th anniversary game update, I’ve been having trouble connecting to Planetside 2. Yesterday, I was able to get to the character selection screen but when I tried to select my character, the game is stuck on “connecting.” I had to close the game and retry a few times to be able to join a game.

Today, the game wouldn’t even load. After I press the “play” at the launcher, the game goes to the loading screen and once it’s almost done, the game closes and my web browser popped up stating: Game Error G99 Malfunction: We’ve encountered a problem. Please try again later. I tried again and the same result happened.

I’ve been having no issues with the game until the anniversary update. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Add: I'm playing from my PC, Windows 10
    • Up x 16
  2. MagicGreen

My game played fine yesterday, but after downloading a tiny update this morning my game now crashes before getting to the character selection screen and my web browser pops up stating: Game Error G99 Malfunction.
    • Up x 7
  3. StrikingSpliffs

same here .........even with firewall disabled
    • Up x 7
  4. UltimaRecon

Yep, same here. Perfectly fine yesterday, got the patch and now it crashes before character select screen.
    • Up x 7
  5. Nexus-eXe

same crash issue
    • Up x 5
  6. steelslinga

same...
    • Up x 5
  7. TruMdz

Same crash.
    • Up x 5
  8. Niamar

Was able to log in once and play after i patched, now I get G99 every time.
    • Up x 4
  9. N3philim87

Same G99 error here. even after reinstalling the game.
    • Up x 3
  10. TheOldFart

Same...Bummer
    • Up x 2
  11. OtoriAssahara

Same situation
    • Up x 2
  12. TrojonKing 1st

Yup having the same problem. I was able to play after update but today is a NO NO. I think this is a sever issue
    • Up x 2
  13. Jimmy Cash

same ...
    • Up x 2
  14. StrikingSpliffs

Isnt it the 20th lololol
    Nov. 22, 2019 - Hotfix (PC & PS4)
    Discussion in 'Game Update Notes' started by jgolenbo, Today at 12:33 AM.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    Watch Thread
    Go To First Unread

1. jgolenboCommunications Manager

New
      EDIT: PC servers will come down at 7:30 PM PST / 3:30 AM GMT for maintenance to resolve the issue with the 7th Anniversary Bundles and restore them to the Depot. Anticipating a short downtime of under 1 hour.

PS4 maintenance will take place tomorrow afternoon. More details coming shortly.

----

After identifying an issue with the 7th Anniversary bundles, we immediately issued a hotfix to disable the bundles on both PC and PS4.

A second hotfix is being prepped for tonight (will provide an exact time asap) that will require server restarts (less than 30 minutes of downtime). It should resolve the initial issue and restore the bundles to the Depot.

Hotfix notes:
      • 7th Anniversary Bundles are re-enabled on both PC & PS4
      • Corrected price of Ancient's Bundle to 7999 DBC (previously listed at 8999 DBC)
      • Perfect implants within the Ancient's Bundle no longer break down
      • Implant effects no longer stack when a Perfect and non-Perfect implant of the same type are equipped
      • Implant "More Info" UI no longer shows broken text symbols
      Players who previously purchased the Ancient's Bundle at 8999 DBC will be refunded the 1000 DBC difference in price. Grants should be complete within 24 hours of tonight's maintenance.
      • [IMG]

jgolenbo, Today at 12:33 AM Report
      #1 Last edited by jgolenbo, Today at 3:13 AM
    • Up x 3
  15. Mr_Cheese

I also get G99 Error.

Mine crashes during the first loading screen - I do not make it to character selection.
    • Up x 3
  16. Sumguy420

i played alot yesterday but now today when i try to log in i keep getting G99.
    • Up x 2
  17. lordzenchi

Same error... hopefully this will be fixed soon
    • Up x 2
  18. Dranivar1982

Realy nice, haveing the same problem. Best on it. NO replys, advices or even an answer from DEV.

First i got to character screen, i choose to delete 1 since it was only level 1. After that didn´t work, i tried to play with my highest.
    Did not work either. then closed game cause i thought it might be a connection issue. restart and then G99.

And do u know what pisses me off the most.

This stupid Brwoser Window comes up and says, sorry blabla G99 blabla.

But does not help u to solve or give u an advice or even WTF this G99 should be.
    • Up x 2
  19. Leidz

Same too. Oh god i will don't have my daily dose of PS2!...
    • Up x 2
  20. Lord Nod

Was playing earlier today, then when I went to logout to exit, I got the G99 error crash when just going back to character select screen to exit while the load bar was somewhere just below 50%. Now I can't get to the character select screen. Load bar reaches about the same percentage - around 45% by estimate - stops loading, and then G99 crash to a webpage saying to try again later.
    • Up x 3