[Suggestion] New Flight Attachment For The Flash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

Lets do something crazy. Lets make yet another class specific ability for the Flash. If you are a Light Assault, you can convert your Flash into a flying vehicle. Yes, this another one of my crazy ideas. Maybe it will only work for a short time so you have to use the most of out it, like a jetpack, based on the one you are using at the time. It would be hilarious to be flying around as an ESF, and all of a sundy, a Light Assault on a Flash pulls up on your block and starts shooting you.

Y'know how Flash are an annoyance to Tanks? Maybe we can do that in the sky. Here is the way I see it. The Flash is destroyed by everything, but the Flash can have the potential to destroy everything. Flash is destroyed by Harasser, Lightning, ANT, Sunderer, and MBT. Yet, it CAN destroy them all in certain situations. Bring that to the air and its hilarious. We don't have to stop at annoying everything on the ground. We can take it to the air and have a grand old time.

Technically though, wouldn't it be wise to have an easy to use counter to everything, but it also counters you? Flash can counter any preoccupied target, while anyone can easily destroy it. I wanna see this. I wanna see class specific options for this amazing little vehicle. I'll make more of these.
    • Up x 3
  2. Liewec123

i wouldn't mind if LA's got a quick "bunnyhop" ability, infact i think its a good idea!
    but flight? naaaaaah XD
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Not full flight, but a jetpack like ability would be awesome to get quickly in a variety of places.
  4. Scroffel5

Yeah not full flight. That would be WAY too unfair. I can see it now. Fury Flashes flying out of the range of a MBTs main gun range. Thats not very fair. It would be fun to use the jetpack to ram ESFs. Drive off a cliff when you are escaping someone, maybe a 2/3 Harasser, and you take flight. And they are like, "That may be the greatest Flash driver I have ever seen." Then you ram an ESF with your Flash. That seems like a beautiful sight.
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Oh, I once sat in a Harrasser that roadkilles a Scythe by jumping off Crown and landing on top of the thing. This gave us a little boost (driver pressed turbo fast enough) and sent the ESF tumbling to the ground, the pilot presumably being struck completely senseless by what just happened.
    So yeah, doing something like that a bit more reliably with a Flash sounds fine to me.
  6. Scroffel5

I can already see it. Boosting up into the air or off a cliff and ramming an ESF, and they are sitting there, trying to process what just happened.
  7. Exileant

;)Limited, (as in timed) full flight and hover mode. :eek: I am all for it. That would make for some amazing first response for E.S.F. This would fix the angle issues of most of the weapons so you would have your A.A., and yes, the emergency ramming option for slow and low flying ground pounders who stop paying attention. o_O This seems more like it should be a V.S. specific trait. :( Our bikes should have Magrider controls anyway....
  8. Scroffel5

I'm pretty sure that for the most part, ESF will be really confused about this new tech. Then they realize that they aren't simply safe just because they are in the air. I feel that the things that are really OP should have a simple counter. I am not saying that the ESFs are really OP, but say, for instance, a Liberator. It deletes everything from the sky and the ground, and the counters aren't too effective. Imagine, for just a second, if you could take your 50 Nanite Flash, time your jump to the skies to make sure you have enough fuel to not come crashing down and explode, and shoot a Liberator from the sky. You'd need a lot of Flak to do it, but you are smaller than an ESF, mostly, and you can go from ground to air and back. That gives you more options. Im not saying it should be a definite counter; it will always win. I am not saying that at all. I just think that the more OP things get, the more simple your counter should be. As of now, a Flash is countered by everything. What if the Flash also countered everything? Its on the opposite end of the spectrum of a Liberator. Think about it. Here is the cycle of death. Flash < Harasser < Lightning = ESF sometimes < MBT sometimes? < Galaxy and Liberator. What if the Flash completed the cycle? Flash < Harasser < Lightning = ESF sometimes < MBT sometimes < Galaxy < Liberator < Flash. That Lib will still win against everything, but the small basics have a fighting chance. Extreme speed is beaten by speed and damage is beaten by extreme damage, kinda. I don't know how to explain it. Small and Light with good enough damage will beat big and heavy with greater damage, but only sometimes? I don't think that does any better of a job.
  9. Exileant

;) I see what you are getting at. Sadly this is still a flash, it will not be a reasonable counter to any aircraft as the pilot is exposed. And has no cloak with a Light assault. It takes nothing to shoot a driver off of the back. The only way to bring that same magic to the air would be to make this flight option standard equipment and still allow cloaking via infiltrator for the Flash. o_O These bikes are still wildly visible and are quite small compared to an E.S.F. Honestly I think in a ramming situation it would be like an E.S.F. ramming a Liberator. The Liberator will suffer damage, sure, but in the end the it will plow right on through. If an F-15 were to hit a A.T.V., the F-15 would at most say: :eek::mad: "OW YOU 000100 10010010 100010001110001!!!!!!!!!" "Returning to base for repair....." :eek: BECAUSE A FLYING 000100100 BIKE ROAD RASHED OFF OF MY TAIL-FIN!!!!!" :confused: "No I was NOT flying at groun-- *Sigh* :( Can we just NOT talk while you make the preparations?" :eek: "STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!" o_O "Oh no it is not..." :D "It is VERY dead..." You have to use your imagination. :pHahahahaha!
    ;) This is still the Infiltrator's baby, so you need to have the bonus over the other classes to keep it that way. It is not going to sneak up on something as fast as a fighter without a cloak. That would be so hot though. I can hear the pillow hunching in rage from here and it has not even happened yet! :D Hahahaha!
  10. Scroffel5

Yeah, I understand. I didn't want to get ahead of myself and make this thing passive. People hated it when I said to make Turbo a passive ability for the Flash. If we can fly for a brief period of time AND cloak, people are gonna get mad. We could make the Flash convert to a flying vehicle upgrade for a short amount of time, but I don't know how its gonna turn out. We could either have turbo or this. This negates the turbo, pretty much. The thing is, Planetside needs a vehicle that can fly and drive. That keeps balance. TRspy says that "Infiltrators and Flashes are just troll vehicles." If so, lets spread that trolling evenly. It, of course, isn't a reasonable counter, as you said. That is what I was trying to say in my previous post. The Flash can destroy an MBT if it isn't paying attention and it sits around to die. By adding this flight mechanic, it not only brings in a new mechanic in the game that can be used elsewhere, but it lets the Flash do the same thing to an ESF.

Whenever a pesky tank comes to my base, I pull a Flash. My reasoning is that if I pull a tank, it could be a 2/2 MBT and blow me up, or it could be certed out, spinning rims included. I can let my friendlies shoot at it with a real tank or rocket launcher while I assist with the Flash. Same idea I am getting at with this mechanic. Currently the best way for an experienced player to stop an ESF is with an ESF. Not all bases have those terminals. You have to redeploy to a nearby terminal, pull the ESF, and fly all the way back over, hoping to not run into any other ESF that want to pick a fight with you. You have a target, and you need to execute swiftly. By having a ground vehicle that can play on the same field as all aircraft, you have a "counter", although not viable. That is what I was getting at with the "Flash is destroyed by everything but can destroy anything" spiel.

My only problem with giving this Flight attachment to the Flash passively is about how it will affect G2G gameplay with the Flash. Think about it. The Cloak helps you close the gap. A flying, although limited, cloaked vehicle helps you close the gap and get a good angle of the tanks. We'd have to pair this with Demigan's recent post for A2G and G2A balance for this to work well without completely making the Flash a top tier vehicle. I love my Flash, but I understand balance. Imagine a Flash attacking at the same angle as an ESF, the angle where you can't hit it. Yes, you have your top gun, and yes, depending on how certed out you are, you may drop from the sky, but it still is something to consider. If we make this a class specific attachment, it includes more of the playerbase. Yes, the Flash is the Infiltrator's Mighty Steed, but we gotta share the love. I'd love to have a flying, driving, cloaking vehicle with the fastest land speed ingame, but I don't know how it will play out and I don't want to get ahead of myself and advise for that.

Can it be added? Sure, if everything works well! I'd much rather just get the basic idea out and we can add on and balance it. Got any tips?
  11. Scroffel5

One more thing: If it is standard, we can also have the Turbo as a regular ability so you can move even faster in the air. Maybe we can make it so you have to choose which passive ability you want. What if you could have 2 turbos? Imagine the air time and the accidental suicides. What if we could have a cloak and turbo? Epic. Get in, get out. What if we could have flight and turbo? I. Am. Speed. Something else to think about.

I want to make the Flash this hugely customizable thing. Tanks can specialize in G2G, and the Harasser can be mostly AI. ESF can be mostly AI and the Lib and Galaxy can be mostly A2G. Whatever the case is, the Flash has to be very very versatile. You can use it for anything, but its not the master of anything. Jack of all trades.
  12. Exileant

:D We are used to crying. :confused: People cry when GOOD things happen to them when it comes to gaming... ;) I would say any benefit gained through the way I suggested would be quickly balanced due to A.A. working on it in flight mode. Can you imagine what a Skyguard or a pair of Bursters would do to one of these with the Driver exposed?:(

Now I 100% agree with you about possible targets. If I could also fight aircraft, I would hunt less ground vehicles. :D So that should put at least 2 whiners to bed....
  13. Scroffel5

Always good to address counter points, y'know?
    • Up x 1