[Vehicle] Why were A2A tomcats "Removed from Play"?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Jun 20, 2019.

1. F20000GL

new players still have have kills in infintry by luck ..even the worst player in this game will have a kill at some point
    even cheaters die on the ground
    but in air combat if you go with veteren player 100 timesyou will die 100 time
    i have seen it myself a squad left in angr after failing to stop 2 pilots from farming them on the ground and the air

listen
    Silkensmooth

if you think the best way to help new players staying in the game by getting them away from aircomabt because it's frustrating then lets disable all air vehicls terminals till all the servers are at least %75 population

and the people who keep saying make them build their skills and if we make it easy they will never have this skills please understand all players here are playing the game for enjoying the game none of them is getting paied to play the game mean none of them will accept to go through the frustration to be a good pilot and asking them to leave the game mean the game will die
  2. iller

You didn't Cite the DPS though. ....if it takes 2 minutes to deal that DPS against a Lib, then what was the point of all the Certs we had put into these? Also, You've somehow managed to Dodge mine a couple times on Connery. ( I was one of the absolute last ppl still running them up until like a Day ago)
  3. ChaosSlave

Tomcats where FUN and great for new players. But they decided to nerf everything just to make a small number of "PROs" happy.

It’s a game set in the future and missiles suck! so the ESF has to fight like a World War 1 Plane Lmao.

If you enjoy something in this game be sure that they are going to nerf it and make it worthless just like did with the tanks and thermal optics.

The hit detection is even worst now, you can empty a clip into a heavy and he is going to be like nothing happened.

Bad decisions, nerf everything, meh no wonder Planetside Arena was a failure and this is dying.

Keep making decisions for the "PROs".
  4. iStalk

Ww1 planes could hover? Wtf tomcats aren't fun. This game has enough no skill weapons. Especially when ganked by a group of lock on esfs. At least with nose gun you have a chance. Why reward poor skill? Man people with that mentality are just terrible.
  5. TRspy007

This change is really old. Basically all the tryhard pilots were complaining that there was a way for noobs to fight back.

The devs then proceeded to nerf the damage of the tomcats against esfs and valks. They buffed the damage against galaxies and libs instead.

If you want, the coyotes are now the go-to thing for lockons against esfs.
  6. adamts01

I don't know about WW1 planes, but plenty of propeller planes can "hover", they just have to be pointed straight up to do it.