Alert Win Rates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gobbu, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Gobbu

I took a glance at alert win rates https://www.ps2alerts.com/

VS has above average win rates on EVERY server
    NC has below average win rates on EVERY server

I saw people post that the lead dev Wrel favors VS and gives them the best stuff. But wow it really shows up in the win rates.

Why is NC so bad? What equipment do the other factions get that helps them win so much?

Think they will ever balance?
  2. Gobbu

I should add that TR win rates are also very high compared to NC
  3. ycluk

That's an absolutely FALSE statement.

I played both NC & VS on Connery. VS has outfit like The Wildcats that actually has squad lead / platoon lead who looks at the map and most importantly think how to use their manpower. Compare that to NC which is almost non-existing, and that's why NC don't win alerts often because no leadership that actually care about the alerts.

Some outfit like Dim Giant of NC on Connery who cares about fights, but not alerts. I eventually got fed up of NC losing continent locking alert (100 cert point instead of 250), so I went to join the VS which was what I played mostly back in PS1. There's no guarantee sure win playing with VS, but there are leaders who cares and would try to win the alert. I know I have much better chance than playing with NC where I can hardly find many NC leaders who give a damn about alerts.

NC will only have their zerg, probably sitting inside "biolab's dome of confinement" and forget about everything else. Whoever is their "victim" will have to choose either giving up the biolab or dump their pop in the "biolab pop sink hole" which means not having enough pop elsewhere to cap base, and that could eventually losing the cont lock alert.

It has almost nothing to do with what weapons / equipment which faction has, but players.

There was once a cont lock alert on Amerish, and NC was at the south wrapgate, VS at the northwest, & TR at the northeast. However, VS capped 60+% of continent, and all 3 factions were fighting in the SE biolab. For VS from the northwest to be able to cap all the way to the SE shows how horrible both NC & TR ignored losing their territory.

Yet for the 90 min of the entire cont lock alert, NC only capped 1 base from the VS & may be 2 from TR, and most of the pop still fought with the TR at the SE area. The NC almost didn't give 1 bit of attention about the cont lock alert. That's how bad they were that day.

Another time I was playing with VS on Esmier / Connery. When the cont lock alert came, we pushed the NC out of the west biolab and tried to gain territory from TR, but almost the entire alert, the NC kept trying to cap that biolab from the VS even when TR got the largest territory. In the end, VS was 34% and TR was 35%, and if it was not because of the "mindless zerg NC" keep attacking the VS, we could have won.

I haven't played TR on Connery, but NC is quite obviously worse than VS not because of the tools, but the man.
    • Up x 1
  4. Campagne

Obviously this is just objectively false. The only way this could be possibly true would be if there was virtually no difference in equipment.

Regardless, your stories are anecdotal, cover brief periods of time, and only occur on a single server. The trend in alert victories has remained the same across all servers across the world for the entirety of the game's sever-year-long lifespan.

You cannot base an argument with so many constants and variables on a few select anecdotal personal observations when everything suggests otherwise.
    • Up x 4
  5. SteelMantis

That's not true, scroll down to the bottom of the link you posted.
  6. ican'taim

Mainly because NC has no good outfits/squads to win alerts.
    • Up x 1
  7. JobiWan

I would say it's more about leadership than weapons. On Miller there are a few zergfit leaders that actively play the alerts, they mass invite players to their platoons and drop on every base with overwhelming numbers to win the cap.

The two big ones are VS and TR, I don't see it so much on NC. Winning alerts is usually how much some people want the win and doing something about it. Weapons may play a very small part but I doubt it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Anrick59

I agree with Gobbu. There is a balance problem. Statistics is proof. I agree with Gobbu. There is a balance problem. Statistics are proof. The weakest fraction – NC. Why is NC so bad? Answer: «Mainly because NC has no good outfits/squads to win alerts.». With a normal balance, the results will be comparable. But now it’s not. I do not want any faction to have any advantages. In this case, the game will suffer. For example, take the heavy tank Vanguard. Now it's a plywood box. Magrider has a more powerful weapon, excellent maneuverability plus acceleration and travel through the mountains! At one time, my son and I on this tank shot a whole convoy of Vanguards. I am opposed to nerfs Magrider s, but Vanguard must have good defense. Previously, the Phoenix grenade launcher was nerf and it’s right, but in my opinion, they made a mistake with the tank. If you don’t change anything, it may turn out that only two fractions will remain, and that will be bad for everyone. I have been playing this game for many years and do not want it to fade away. I wish you good luck and mutual understanding.
  9. Demigan

Oh bullcrap. I've been trying to test this "VS is superior at leading" mantra and had trouble finding people who would listen. I deliberately joined squads and platoons that looked good to see if the VS's own leadership did better, but the overall reaction to anything on those VS was no reaction at all where at the NC and TR you at least get to hear a "meh" or something similar. Just the reaction that someone has listened.

Also if this were true then it would be measurable right? For example you leave your squad and go into the squad screen and look at the squad/platoon cohesion several times a day on each faction. I've yet to see the VS be vastly superior in the cohesion department overall.

And naturally if the VS were superior at leading then why arent they doing better with NS weapons? It would be weird that all players on the VS are almost equal in skill on almost every single NS weapon in the game but magically have a higher leadership skill across all servers.
    Put it another way: if the VS attracted the leadership players, then their population would also show other signs of differences between them and the other factions. Yet they dont do that so we can safely say that the population is more or less equally skilled across all 3 factions. If it isnt the population than it has to either be their warpgate location, which is simply rotated each capture so everyone has an equal amount of time on good and bad warpgates, or equipment. We know the equipment is different, the VS starter weapon for the HA is easily one of the best weapons in the game for both veterans and newbs giving the VS a solid headstart. After years of hearing how the Magrider was the worst we did the math and proved that in reality on a per-MBT-pulled basis the Magrider is the best performing MBT in the game. So we have all the proof to say that the VS is simply superior due to its equipment rather than its leadership.

Lastly a bit of a history lesson: at launch and the first year or two the VS had some wildly OP stuff. The Saron was a long-range tank sniper that could double as high powered Doku Battle Rifle. The PPA was used to stop entire platoons, no joke they quite literally allowed a single Magrider to stop entire platoons from moving forwards. The LPPA did similar stuff. The Orion alongside others of its ilk was toned down much later to make it less of a one-size-fits-all category and anyone who was there during the dreaded ZOE and early Lancer team days will know the OPness that VS had.
    And the VS even then claimed they simply had better leadership and attracted the more veteran players. Which is funny since the game was just released and had at best a group of beta players at its disposal. This mantra has been repeated ever since, and aside from the unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence I have yet to see a lick of evidence to support that claim.
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

Sorry but big huge hole in the original assumption.

I would like to see win rates at a given time of day. Forget the off hours...those are determined almost exclusively by server population at that time. I observe personally VS having higher pop during off day time hours on emerald, with a surge of NC in the evening.

If you want to isolate players and weapons as potential reasons, choose data showing win rates during prime time when servers are packed and population balanced close to 33/33/33.
    • Up x 2
  11. Nubm_again

There is a meme that can be observed in real time during alerts quite often: No one likes to fight VS.
    TR and VS pushing on NC regularly, resulting in over-pop fights. Granted, sometimes NCs PUG-zerg really can't get anything done. But our trait is (or was) close range defense anyway.
    Its almost funny how often TR gives the win to VS because they do not give up their push on NC. However, the phrase "at least VS didn't win" can often be heard at the end of alerts.

On the NC side, often enough bases are cleared or saved by empire nonspecific means. We have LAs and C4 too, and heavies with rocket launchers to dispose of deployed sundies.
    The vanguard is in a bad spot though. The i-win shield was a bit too much you would say, however badly needed against a double-barreled tank (which now again gets away bringing HESH to tank fights) and the hits from magriders on mountains. Its not impossible to win engagements, but fights often are disproportionately tough. Compared to old days for sure, but also in general.
    Which makes it really hard to fight back zergs rolling from base to base, encouraged by the new spawn system. Especially if a serious force of armor is present (which often is after a base is captured).

And of course the removal of the global orders chat didn't make it any easier for the NC, who always lacked the leadership of the other two factions.
    However, looking at numbers and available (also overused) weaponry you can hardly argue about skill level. Although it has to be factored in, the TR and VS have new and less skilled players as well.
    Maybe it just all comes together. Maybe its a tactical decision to fight the one faction that is easiest to fight against, push them back and go from there. However, as often as TR throws away the alert win because they cannot get off the fight with the NC while VS manage to get the right timing down MIGHT POSSIBLY be favored by slight advantages that stack up tremendously, because of the nature of the game.

And that's the problem imo. Except from the vanguard, ES top guns and probably maxes, i don't think the faction balance is that far off.
  12. Towie

Err - didn't that stop working ages ago ? (like middle of last year)

Even the fisu alert tracker fails to identify the faction and the alert system has changed considerably. Not for the better ! But - it's changed.

I'd say making statements based on those stats would be very out of date.
  13. Liewec123

well for starters TR and VS have a class called MAX, NC used to have that class too, before Wrel removed it...
    NC get "that 450 cost unit that is only allowed to use Gorgons" instead.

and nope, no balance.
    its clear by now that they will never admit when they make mistakes, nor even attempt to fix them.

plus VS faction specific traits are all amazing, no bullet drop on a sniper rifle is amazing,
    infinite ammo and no reload on an LMG pointed at a choke point is amazing.
    they even get dev-supported "hitbox-hack ammo" on a bunch of guns, even their max can get hitbox-hack ammo from Cosmos.

meanwhile NC get meme traits like piercing bullets so that you can kill your enemy while you're shooting an ally.
    and shotguns... want a shotgun for your tank? your plane? how about an underbarrel shotgun...for your shotgun.
  14. Gobbu

Agree. Having statistical data over many years over many servers rules out any "This leader coordinates better so we win" reasoning.

The things I notice that give VS/TR advantages.
    -Magrider. So fast with mountain climbing. It can pick only the fights it wants and almost never dies. And it doesn't give up any significant offensive/health capabilities for this massive mobility advantage. The Magrider MBT discrepancy is the biggest one in the whole game IMO.
    -MAX's. There's a big difference between a TR Lockdown Burster MAX and other MAX's for AA.
    -NC AI MAX limited to extremely short range. And Aegis Shield is not useful.
    -TR's striker rocket launcher is very good at AA. NC and VS do not have great AA rocket launchers
    -VS's Betelgeuse is very good. Not having downtime when pushing or getting caught during a reload is a huge benefit.

The only NC unique that that stands out to me that NC is the Pheonix. However, it seems more annoying than useful.

Not sure if I missed anything. I am newer to PS2.
  15. Anrick59

As I understood during the discussion, everything is in order ... I just ask you to pay attention to how many people played on the server and how many are playing now ... Well, I probably look like an eccentric or a noob. I regret that I could not explain the fact that the balance and popularity of the fractions are related. The player develops faster with a strong faction. If he falls into the weak, he leaves the fraction or from the game ...
  16. Atorum

Strong faction, wow....
  17. LodeTria

Vehicles have very little effect on alerts, and the one that have the greatest effect (sunderes as AMS and AI vehicle) is multi-faction.
    Redeployside has a much much greater effect.
  18. Johannes Kaiser

Since Betelgeuse was mentioned, does someone know where to get the date on how many people have unlocked auraxium weapons and how many use them? Because the weapon VS seems to use the most is indeed the Betelgeuse (except for lowlevels who haven't unlocked it yet and often enough beeline for it).
  19. Gobbu

The magrider can kill sunderers and assist against infantry. And if you try to kill it the magrider can just run away, repair, and return applying constant pressure. I think this does make a difference in alerts.
  20. LodeTria

The vanguard & prowler can do that aswell, but overall vehicles are much better on defence than attacking because you can only win with infantry on the points. On defence you also don't have to worry about a single infantry-man suicide rushing your spawn points to kill them.