Nerf TR Rotaries and Nerf Pods

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Exileant

:eek: You are being a jerk. o_O Topics like this are welcome, because it gives input from various points of view which allows everyone to learn and adjust their tactics. This thread is far from useless. I know PLENTY about this game, the only person I am laughing at is you, because you are looking at data. Data not only differs between system, but it also differs between servers. :confused: I have proven time and time again, data does not mater in this game because it is circumstantial at best and subjected to padding or hacks at worst. :oops: This site has enough wannabe data spewing forum jockeys; :( please do not become another one of these morons.....
    Support each point you make with an example. If you want to tell someone they suck, fine, but you better tell them WHY they suck in detail, ON THE SAME POST, otherwise you are just another hole that people will stop paying any mind. :rolleyes: You only insult people if they insult you, and if you are going to take the low road, do so with some grace.... You were not raised by bilge rats, use your vocabulary.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scroffel5

Buying an Analog pad for PC players doesn't help PC players; it hurts them. Its harder to use. I commend you for being able to do it well, but if you can do very well with an analog pad while playing on PC, I can't say much else. PS4 vs PS4 and you do good? Good job. PC vs PC and you do good? Good job. PC vs PS4 and you do well? You are playing on recruit difficulty. PS4 vs PC and you do well? CONGRATULATIONS BECAUSE YOU ARE AMAZING!
    You take everything I say out of context. I said we had nothing to combat them, not that there is nothing ingame to combat them. As I said earlier in that sentence which you took out of context, we were heading out. We already loaded up. We didn't respawn and get the loadout we needed to combat them, based on that sentence. We already had a set loadout and got shredded after we defeated the enemy and a swarm of ESF came in. Please stop taking my stuff out of context.

Yes, either extreme speed or extreme strength should be the way to beat a vehicle balanced right in the middle. If the ESF is directly in the middle of strength and speed or on both ends of the extreme, the way you beat them is with the specialization of speed or strength? Get it? I am not saying a Flash should beat an ESF, but sometimes on either end of the spectrum should. A tank should make quick work of an ESF if they can aim and hit their shots. A Harasser should be pretty good against them. And yes, they aren't fast in comparison, but the thing is that an ESF is fast, puts out a lot of damage, is hard to hit, and has a good amount of health. You can't have all of those stacked on each other. A Flash is pretty balanced in the fact that, though it is fast, it has low health and the rider is exposed. The Harasser isn't very balanced due to the fact it is fast, does good damage, and has good health. It is balanced in comparison to an ESF, which absolutely destroys light armor vehicles. The MBT is relatively balanced because, while it is strong and does a lot of damage, it is slow and easy to hit. You gotta get the most done with your attacks, because if something bigger and badder comes along, you can't run. The Galaxy isn't balanced because it can attack from the air with tons of damage, even solo, it has a ton of health, it moves relatively fast, and can fly outside of your shooting angle and flak does jack squat to it,

Banshee takes out a flash in 10 shots. It is the correct number.

I do not want to nerf everything. I don't care how hard it is to learn something. If you learn it and it can go toe to toe with most anything, it is probably unbalanced. If learning one thing makes you automatically better than the majority of players, is it balanced? Depends, I guess, but I see the ESFs as unbalanced.

You make me think you play TR, and you are kind of a jerk. The Vulcan is OP, and most anyone would agree with me there. Stop being a jerk in all of your posts here.
  3. iStalk

I'm being a jerk with facts. And yes i do play tr. My main use to be nc but left the nc because of tk. I fly on both nc and tr. But since I've certed up more now on tr and made more friends on tr I stick to it. But doesn't change the facts that I stated. Tr has the worst esf . It's a fact that is backed by data and also by user feedback. I don't use the Vulcan,don't even have it certed cause I main esf because its challenging. I mainly do a2a, but because now I need to aurx banshee I'm getting into a2g. But unlike most people I don't go in and kill a small fight. That's where most of the complaints come from. Esf killing small fights. Now in a big fight good luck. Why? We have spawn room warriors with bursters and lock ons. And a harasser can easily kill a esf. Wtf you smoking? Ranger or walker. Also in fact the ranger got a buff that wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes.
  4. iStalk

Lol ignore the data? Oh my, no wonder the devs ignore forums lol. That comment itself is the reason why.
  5. JibbaJabba

• Up x 1
  6. Scroffel5

Is this meant to support my claim that the banshee and vulcan or OP, or is it just that they are used more, or just that you get a lot of kills with the banshee and vulcan, or what?
  7. Scroffel5

A Harasser can not easily kill an ESF. The ESF has a mobility advantage. That means that it can fly away before it gets blown up. Thats the only thing I have to say to that.
  8. JibbaJabba

It's objective data. Although subject to interpretations it's probably better for discussions than speculation or guessing.

Subjectively, I think the Vulcan and Banshee are best in class and believe their higher kills are the result of this. I'm not sure if I agree with a nerf though. Take the banshee for example... what everyone is really griping about is that it generates a lot of non-fun experience for other players. You could leave it over powered in that role but lower the ammo pool, or perhaps even further nerf it against other ESFs...really make the pilot have to choose.

Dunno.

But. Hope the link is helpful. Voidwell is good for discussion like this one.

Be civil to each other out there!
  9. iStalk

And the harasser can easily rep vs the esf having to find somewhere safe before being blown up. Again your point is mute. It just sounds like your arguement is "I can't get a easy kill". Flak is not even a weapon you need skill to use. Yet it's super effective to deny an area. Prove me wrong. If the esf overstays he's dead. So if the esf kills a few and runs away, he's being smart. So again, change up your playstyle. I'd advice you to get into a squad that teach new players. You seem not to understand how to counter a esf which isn't hard.
    What server do you play? What's your in game name? I just want to see how you play.
  10. Exileant

:D Well thank you. I have played on my friends computers and they use Analogs. I honestly do not see much of a difference between the two thanks to the ability to map controls however you want on P.C. o_O As far as it being harder, sure, at first it is always harder when it comes to learning something new. :eek: I could not use a mouse to save my life when I first started, however eventually I learned, just like you would Analog. It is about the same level of difficulty if not a bit easier to go from K.B.M. to Analog thanks to most of your fingers being trained well to type. Your triggers and even Vehicle controls make use of those same trained fingers; all you have to do is work on your thumbs for looking around. You will have to take your lumps, but that is a more than fair trade off for realizing this advantage. As such, this is a possibility available to everyone on the P.C. side just as we have access to K.B.M.
    ;) I think in the long run it would help them on the vehicle side of things. Have you tried altering the setup of some of these vehicles that fall prey to the Rocket pods? A part here and there can make all the difference.
  11. iStalk

Lol, pods a threat.... you do know that there is a reason many players call them lolpods right? They aren't as effective as you think. Also using them puts the pilot at a huge disadvantage.
  12. Scroffel5

I play like how you'd expect a 1-20 FPS player with constant lag spikes would play like. Yes, Flak denies an area, but only towards ESF who are too close. when an ESF plays in its effective range, it can take a little chip damage now and then. And my argument is that there are no default tools to deal with ESF. While you can deal damage to them, you can not destroy them. You can go for a rocket launcher or tank shell snipe, but those are only if they arent paying attention or they make the mistake of not flying in your blind spots. and yes, they can easily repair, but you better have a 3/3 harasser. Otherwise you lose the mobility you need to stay alive and you take the damage anyways.

If you are an ESF, you wont fly headon at a Skyguard. Instead youd fly out of range, lolpod on them, use a mag and fly away. ESFs are as Campagne said they are. They are glass cannons without the glass. You shouldnt be able to kill 5 people while taking fire and then fly out of it because they didnt have flak. You are a jet helicopter! If they shoot your turbines, you should go down! If they shoot your engine, you should go down! If they break the glass, you should go down! I am not saying to add this, but I am making the point that they shouldnt be as survivable as they are. They need to either be fast, strong, or somewhere in the middle. As of now, they are fast, strong, killing machines, and flak is the best thing to stop them in close close range.
  13. iStalk

I shouldn't be able to kill 5 people while taking damage? The hell? Dude your arguement is so weak. What do you want? To be able to 4 shot a esf? 1 shot? What you want? Honestly, the air game I already dead for the most part. You want to make the esf worse? A killing machine? The same can be said about any vehicle used right. Or any class used right. 1 heavy can take out 5 people while taking damage. You just want to be able to kill one without even trying. Get out of here with that weak play style. Almost all flak can damage a esf even pass the esf effective range. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't fly. I've been shot at by flak or locked on from all angles. Sometimes across the base or even 2 bases over(obviously not the lock on). When you fly you're a target for just about everyone. And everyone and everything can damage you. You have to pick your fights, we dump a lot of carts just for suvrialibty. You have to pick between stealth or nanite auto repair. Most pilot run stealth because if not you show up on the map for everyone. And even then stealth doesn't stop you from being spotted. You're upset because YOU can't kill that esf that is going after you. But guess what? After you do some damage to it, about 5 others will have to or tried. Plus we also have to watch out for other esf, valks,, libs etc.. You have no ***** idea what you're talking about proposing a nerf to a esf. Or buffing more things to counter it. When we already have a crazy amount of no aim/skill weapons that can kill a esf.
  14. Exileant

;) Well originally they got that name by decent pilots because they were easy to kill infantry with. :D So it was for the opposite reason. :p They found it hilarious to unload on them.o_O While I will agree with you that not just anyone will be able to pick up on a dumb-fire weapon it has a lower curve among the weapons thanks to its rapid full-auto fire and blast radius over magazine size. It is a weapon where spray and pray can possibly net you a kill or two if you are lucky. It is a weapon built for Suppression and area denial; by default it is a weapon that will kill without hesitation if you are foolish enough to challenge it directly while on foot. :) Of coarse, it has severe limitations after that initial attack, but most new to average players do not worry about that as it got them some kills.
  15. iStalk

You do realize that pods were nerfed right? Here's the main problem here. Pods are great for stealing kills. Usually pods don't do the most damage on whatever its attacking other than infantry. Usually if a esf is targeting a vehicle, so is other things focus firing on that same vehicle. Usually a pod might just steal the kill and people don't bother looking at assist or w.e
    I know pods used to be OP. But now they are eh. Most decent pilots don't fly with them because it's a disadvantage.
  16. Scroffel5

Im done being nice. You are an idiot. I always refer to being able to beat or kill the ESF, not simply do damage. Screw damage. I can take a nerf dart and shoot you in the face and it does damage to you, but if you are an American school shooter, I am still gonna get shot and walk away. Screw your stupid "Everything can damage an ESF" crap. Screw your "Im better than you, git gud" crap. Screw your "ESFs are trash" crap. Screw your crap.

A Heavy can kill 5 people while being shot at because kills restore their overshield. Kill people fast enough and your overshield is taking most of the damage, along with your medkit dancing self. Also, you idiot, if every ESF is nerfed, another ESF isnt as big a deal! Same proportionate damage numbers!

Also also, stop putting your crap into my mouth. I never said it needs to be nerfed to one or four shots. They are too fast and too powerful in their current state. They are freaking jet helicopters! What does a helicopter do in Hollywood? BLOW UP! These things just don't! Small arms damage to the ESF needs a boost in damage, Flak needs more accuracy and damage to air, and ESF either need to be less powerful but fast or more powerful but slow, and I opt for the former.

Now screw your crap and stop spitting out more of it.
  17. iStalk

Awe did I make you upset? Esf are not way to powerful. If that was the case more people would be in the air. But the air game is mostly dead. If a esf has a load out to fight ground, he is vulnerable to other esf/lib/valks/gal. YOU CANT BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS. You're the idiot here who's to lazy to do something about air other than cry like a little ***** on forums. You act like the ESF is the most powerful vehicle in the game ignoring every single aspect of the air game. Idc what you want.
    If you make the esf more slower you'll be seriously destroying a playstyle. It's hard enough to avoid flak at this current speed and gou want to make it slower? Or make it faster but less health? Lol you don't fly, you don't know what you're talking about. Just pulling **** out of your ***. It's not my fault you cant figure ways to counter a esf. Especially when its really easy. You want to be able to kill a esf? Get in one,fly one and try. Fly one and let you farm ground since it's so OP. While you do so please record it so we can all see how OP it is. What's next? Gonna cry because your handgun cant hurt a tank? Pull a ant, grab a ranger. Pull a ant, grab a walker. Pull skyguard. Pull a tank with a ranger or a walker. Pull something and stop crying. So no my statement "git gud" still ***** stands until you do just that.
  18. Exileant

:eek: :confused: .....Whoa.:D

:D All jokes aside. I understand your plight, however in this case, this is more situational for you. Your Frame rate and Lag issues are robbing you of the main weapons used to kill them. :confused: Campagne is ALWAYS wrong..... I am sick seeing you actually having to reference him. In order for Flack to work, you need skill, and a STELLAR connection so you can track your targets. o_O This is not your fault. I know by how you talk you would have the skill to drop them like flies, it is just you do not have the tools at the moment. E.S.F.s are easy to bring down for T.R. because they have the tools to do so with infantry. ;) We are N.C. and V.S. it is a bit more challenging for us, but it can still be done.
  19. Exileant

o_O Again... You are being a jerk when it does not call for it. If you were in his position you would feel the same way. Take the time to read before you get catty.... This has nothing to do with Get Good. This has to do with Latency and Frame rates. :confused: You can have the skill all day, but if you suffer from lag patches, that can and will render the weapons you are talking about absolutely useless. Also yes, I know they nerfed the Pods. :eek: Pods are still a powerful weapon for decent pilots. It is easy for T.R. to get by because you all have plenty of weapons that are not classified as A.A. that will still do the work of them just fine. N.C. has a slightly tougher time when it comes to A.A. alternates. They are more for ground armor. o_O While V.S. focuses on A.I. alternates.
    If you want to be of help, then come up with a way for him to try bringing down Aircraft in his faction without Flak.. This is where you get to show off your brainpower, :D Mr. V Twin.
  20. iStalk

I'm being a jerk? And why does it matter to you? He's trying to mess up my play style so he won't have to suffer. Saying **** that is inaccurate. If he doesn't fly then he doesn't understand the air game. Things shooting us pass our render range etc. And the frame rate issue? No my problem it's his. And I shouldn't have to adjust my play style to make it easier for him. If he cant pull a esf to kill a other esf that's on him. Even a default esf can win in a duel. Flak? No skill needed and its literally everywhere. You act as if he doesn't have access to NS Weapons. You act if he cant get a small group of heavies to just mess up the air game by just pointing in their direction with little effort. If 2 sundes can camp at a enemy wg to farm air what's stopping him from doing the same at a ******* base? I tried using the same excuse of frame rates vs tr weapons and he turned that down but for him it's fine? **** off with that ****. You and him don't know wtf you're talking about when it comes to the balance of the air game. There is many reasons why many good pilots left planetside and it's not because their OP. It's because now literally everywhere you go there is lock ons or flak. Flak that even ***** up with your fps at times. But am I complaining Bout it? No. Let's see you guys fly. Try fighting a esf while you're lighting up the map for every flak in the surrounding hexes to target you. The air game is the most punishing playstyle in ps2. Has the biggest learning curve. He has all the access to tools needed to troll any air ball thrown at him. He just wants to do it without any effort.