[Suggestion] Make the Flash Passively Faster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, May 13, 2019.

1. Crayv

I would guess is because they don't want their easy kill to go away. Which is why whenever you are spotted on one everyone points their gun at you for that kill (technically two).

Also it may be just me but I swear it makes your hitbox larger, people seem to have an easier time shooting someone off of one than they do someone just sprinting, even though the Flash is moving far faster.
  2. Scroffel5

I dunno why people feel that way. What would an eject seat for the Flash even do? Shoot you up in the air? Letting you drop safely shouldn't help you much.
  3. Scroffel5

Yeah, I noticed that too! Glad it isn't just me. I get shot off of my Flash super easily, even though I am a moving target that is far away and I am not moving in a straight line. Its like they have an easier time shoot me than the actual vehicle.
  4. TRspy007

literally all your posts are about the flash. ENOUGH.

If you don't want to play the game normally, quit complaining about how your main vehicle (the flash) can not perform like a MAIN BATTLE TANK.

JUST USE ANOTHER VEHICLE. The and for example has cloak, can ram anything and mount better weapons than the flash.

If your main doesn't suit you, just get a new one.
  5. Scroffel5

What . Is. Your. Problem? I never said I wanted it to be a battle tank. You assume too much. Take my posts about the Wraith cloak change that Demigan suggested and I reposted. That helps all classes and the whole game, not just a buff to the Flash. It opens up new opportunities for supporting roles.

Making the Flash faster puts it into a better position to be used as a transport. It is classified as a transport vehicle, but you can only transport one person. Make up for it with speed. Easy conclusion.

I like my Flash. Of course I want it to be viable. Less and less people are using it. Give us a reason to! In an evenly matched battle, should a Tank die to a Quad? OF COURSE NOT! But if you raise your skill level with it, you should be feared. That goes for any vehicle, class, or weapon. I don't care if you are sitting in a heavily armored death machine; fear my Flash.
  6. Scroffel5

And for the record, TR spy, you have to use the word "literally" literally . Most of my posts are about Infiltrators, balance, AND ONLY THEN the Flash.
  7. TRspy007

The flash transports 2 people. Sure, it could be faster, but that's what racer chassis and turbo are for. You decide you wanna cloak and troll, that's great - you just sacrifice some speed for your trolling capabilities.

Basically, you are saying you want the flash to be an MBT. "I want AA, I want to buff the weapons, the speed"....need I go on???
    A flash should act like a motorcycle: transports you fast, and that's about it. In NO SCENARIO SHOULD A MOTORCYCLE BE ABLE TO TAKE ON A TANK. In no circumstances should a tank fear a flash. We used to have C4 flashes, and I fully participated in blowing up tanks with my C4 flash, but I couldn't complain when they were removed. Why? Because a flash is a flash, and a tank is a tank. 2 separate categories, where the flash should be cowering in fear at the thought of encountering any other vehicle in its path.

It's already strong enough as it is, with the cloak giving it the possibility to take on tanks, farm infantry and (most of the time) escape. No matter how you put it, sneaking up behind people with a cloak and killing them before proceeding to disappear once more is not skilled play. It's just trolling, anyone with a cloak flash and an infil can do it. You should be happy the game even allows such nonsense, not ask for more.

Less and less people are using it.....GOOD! Enough of you skill-less trolls. I don't even understand your point, or where you got that information. The flash is primarily a transport, but it's limited by terrain and makes esfs a better alternative if the base is far and you have nanites. Nothing wrong with less people using the flash, it's a situational vehicle, people shouldn't be MAINNING on it.

.......you really don't get the point of the flash eh?

Even using skill, a lighting will lose to a solo MBT 90% of the time if both are full health, and the lightning opens the first hit from the rear! If the MBT is manned by 2 people, you will NEVER win.

So you're saying a tank that doesn't even need to fear other tanks, should fear your flash? See where this is getting a little delusional?

You're taking this too far. Know the flash, know it's place, be grateful it's powerful as it is.
  8. Scroffel5

Adding AA doesn't make it a tank, making it faster doesn't make it a tank, and I never said to buff the weapons, only the Buzzard, which is to make it on par with the other class specific weapons. Even in a fight with a tank, you are going to lose, no matter how you buff it. No matter how much damage you do to them, you are still a one shot. Buffing the speed or adding integrated turbo means you can attempt to dodge it. By time you come back to fight it, they repaired.

Sacrificing stealth for speed is a bad option for a transport. Imagine if the sundy could cloak while driving. You could transport a squad past enemy lines. Turbo won't help you do that. Racer won't help you do that. Equip those and you are wide open. Everytime I see a non-infiltrator class on a Flash, they get lit up by every vehicle. Why? Free kill. Stealth means you can transport allies around danger instead of trying to outrun it, and believe me; you won't outrun getting one shotted by a tank shell.

A motorcycle would be fast , maneuverable, and hard to hit. The Flash isn't the fastest vehicle and is easily rammed by everything else, it is easy to hit, and it is only kinda maneuverable. You gotta cert up to make the Flash play into one of these roles.

You are wrong about many things here. You can't easily take on infantry and tanks AND escape. The Flash isn't simply a trolling vehicle. Its a crazy person's vehicle. You will get easily taken down with anyone who has a brain. Plus, the Flash is loud. Everytime I hear a Flash but don't see one, i know whats about to go down, and the general area. Its not even hard to kill the driver or blow up the Flash. You light it on fire and it is as good as gone.

You put words in my mouth that I didnt say. I never said you shouldn't fear other tanks. They are your biggest threat. I said you should fear MY Flash. Why? Because I play to its strengths and annoy the crap out of you before I force you to search for me, then you get blown up by other vehiclss because i told my team where you are. That's not trolling; that is tactics. You have to be utterly incompetent not to see how you got outplayed by a "motocycle."

I dont care if you dont like me or my other posts. This thread is about this post, so comment about it and not my other posts. Please leave your incompetence in a little jar, seal the lid, and throw it in a recycling bin.
  9. Trigga

The Flash eject seat was simply a utility slot option to remove fall damage when jumping off a flash.
    So if you sped right off a cliff, you could eject the same as an aircraft.

It literally had almost zero use, and would remove the turbo since it was the same slot, but still people wanted to castrate the suggestion.
    Worst part is, nowadays, with implants being in the game (this suggestion was a long time ago) you can have an eject seat(Safe Fall) and keep your turbo.

Forumside logic at its finest.
  10. Exileant

;) I say the Flash Turbo, should come standard, just like the Harassers so I agree with that. The rest is fine, so this would take care of the speed issue for me. It is light, easily ran over and can damage itself. :confused: Speed should be it's second nature. The speed of an ANT is not an issue because its is normal for material transports to be fast. :eek: An 8-wheeled HEMTT can light the world on fire with a top speed of 70-75 M.P.H. Its weight is its weapon as it will plow through an over anything in its way, give it is not usually equipped with any mounted weapons. o_O The Ant's true weapon is its ability to ram, it needs to get out of dodge quickly without challenge when it comes to the other vehicles, otherwise it would not be useful or any fun to operate. :( Slowing them down is a no-go for me, yo.
  11. Exileant

:confused: That is a hard NOPE. These things can be killed too easily, not to mention with added speed you are also increasing the danger of running over lethal Landmines. o_O THAT more than makes up for any bonuses a built in turbo would grant, especially since a mine hit destroys vehicle trajectory.... A turbo is a double edged sword, just like the Magburner..... :eek: I have dodged a mine just outside of its trigger range, only to have it detonate and the force flip me..... :( I have flown over more than my fair share of mines in my tank to know; you cannot race around using a turbo without a little forethought....

:cool: Me: "I am under attack via filthy T.R. transport dog; initiating evasive protocol." "Activating Boosters." "Mines Detected; I-GOT-NO-BRAKES." "Lethal damage sustained to vehicle, attempting to suppress." "ERROR." "Fire Suppression will not be available for usage along with Magburner for an additional 2 years, 258 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes, 4.348 seconds from now." "Accepting Death." "FOR CHRIST, FOR VA--" *Connection lost*
  12. Scroffel5

People have the big dumb.
  13. Scroffel5

People dont seem to get that the Flash isn't meant to take on vehicle one on one. You can, but you will probably die. Every vehicle should be somewhere between attack and escape. A tank is closer to the attack side than the escape side. A Flash should be closer to the escape side than the attack side. Speed means that for everything you can't attack, you can escape. The Flash is also low enough health for it to still be a struggle to escape a competent player.

Plus, with the way running people over works in this game, having to lead them to run them over on their screen, that is hard enough as is if they aren't running right at you. Having a cloak means they don't know you are coming and you gotta adjust for their knowledge. Having a cloak does not mean you have compensation for a weapon. You are not invisible. You are transparent, and you are basically a big Infiltrator. Not too hard to see if you focus. I rarely get ran over by a Flash. Maybe once in the past 3 months. I get ran over by things I can see and they know I can see them, and they adjust for my movements. If you are moving too fast, you have less time to react to a change, so boosting the speed doesn't truly help you run someone over unless they don't react. In that case, though, they would have probably gotten ran over whether you were faster or not.

So yeah, thats a hard no. Replacing weapons for a Wraith is a hard no, as the Wraith means you can escape, while weapons do very little to any evenly skilled player.

Here is the way I see it: since Infiltrators can't deal with vehicles, the Flash is their best friend. To deal with vehicles while probably getting one shot, you need your Wraith Flash. That means that for your class, if you want an AV loadout, you need to spend over 1k certs and 50 nanites per pull. See what I am getting at? Infiltrators benefit most from the Flash, so it is their AV. Make it viable.
  14. Exileant

:eek: Amen. o_O Not to mention, you already cannot attack whiled cloaked.... I have had a rash of run-overs this week. However, I blame that on my aggressive play style as of late, and my sudden 'Oowe-Jill needs" to bag 100 A.S.P. Drivers. :D:p Hahahaha!
  15. Scroffel5

Good point. I forgot about that. Cloak negates weapons.
  16. TRspy007

If adding more health, giving it AA capabilities, more speed, and higher dps doesn't mean make it a tank, idk what does.

The flash is pretty fast, you'd have to be pretty pathetic to get rammed, and it's pretty easy to dodge shots and all unless you're literally driving towards the bigger vehicle. Plus, i never said you sacrifice stealth for speed, it's a FLASH. Literally the smallest vehicle in the game, AND it has the option to cloak. If you just use it force transport, and don't try to mess with tanks, it'll get you from point a to b pretty fast and low-key. The only time I've ran into a harasser or a tank that blew me up was when I didn't pay attention and drove right in front of them.

And those aren't tactics, that's just trolling looooool. The literal definition of trolling is exactly what you described. Being able to troll tanks isn't a "strength" the flash should have. You have to be truly incompetent to use a cloak flash (or infil in general) to troll people; you said it yourself, you just steal kills from your team, or bring kills to your teammates after trolling a poor dude for god knows how long. Sounds very skilled. Sounds exactly like you're one of these stalker infils that try to ghost cap a base when no one is looking, and come back every time after being killed -tactics- yeah right.

a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord (Wikipedia)
  17. Exileant

:confused: No you don't.... Your own TEAM will ram you by accident trying to get to the next engagement unless you stay at least 20 meters away. Sunderers have an invisible barrier in front of them which will drain a Flash's health without either vehicles touching. :eek: Nobody is asking for more health on them..... Just more speed via a built in turbo for escaping and getting tailgaters out of that barrier zone. They are still one shot vehicles.... Even if they DID also ask for more armor... Guess what? The person is still a one hit kill for most large bore weapons.... o_O Again if you get taken out by a Flash, tip your hat, because that person is either very good, or you need to work on your skill. They should have that strength if the person is willing to attain the skill to wield it. :confused: I suggest you learn how to use them rather than complain first. Perhaps then you might have a pebble to stand one when it comes to saying what they should and should not have.

o_O Finally.... :confused: You do know you described a "forum" troll, right? o_O The only way for this definition to possibly apply in-game, is for you to actively do something to impact your own team.... :confused: Otherwise you are simply playing the game.... The GOAL of the game is for you to cause discord and grief to your enemies..... :p I mean if I simply stepped aside and let you have your way because you asked to take over my base; I would be looked at like I was stupid whilst being quite bored. If you are trying to use the definition of 'Troll' the way you are here an now; every time you fire a shot at the enemy, you would be a 'Troll'. I say, lead by example. :eek: Stand there next time you see an enemy soldier coming and show us how to not be a Troll.
  18. Scroffel5

Never said to add more health. Even if you added more health, you are still an exposed target, the thing people shoot for. When a tank shoot at you, the aim for the Flash, because that is what will kill you more easily. As said before, you are exposed on the Flash. They don't have to kill the Flash to kill you, so it doesn't matter if it is a smaller vehicle. It is a vehicle with no protection. A transport is meant to transport other people. There is no sense in buying a Flash to get to a base when you can redeploy to get there. In the case of not having a Sunderer to redeploy to, it makes no sense to bring a Flash to transport yourself over and to not use it for anything else. If you die, you can't respawn, so it would have made more sense to bring a Sunderer. If you brought the Flash to get by enemy tanks, because you can't get a Sunderer past, you still are going to die after you get off the Flash, go into the base, and hop on point.

It is very easy to get ran over on a Flash. The ANT I was trying to out-maneuver was on my tail the whole time. It was hard to outrun. They are good at ramming. If you are too close to a Sunderer, you can't turn out of the way fast enough before you get rammed and destroyed, so don't give me that.

It is a tactic to plink away health. You use the term "troll" the same way people on Inside Edition use the term, the same annoying usage. The definition you gave doesn't apply to an ingame tactic to defeat a target. And I never said you are kill stealing. You or someone else said that a Lightning can not take on an MBT and win most of the time. Here is an instance where you aren't kill stealing. Lightning attempts to destroy MBT. MBT lights Lightning on fire. You come in while it is distracted and shoot it in the rear till it is on fire too. The MBT turns around to shoot you, and the Lightning finishes it. The outcome could also be that it continues to kill the Lightning and you take it down fully. Its not kill stealing unless its an even fight or the person you are stealing from is easily winning. Any other scenario is a helping hand to defeat the MBT; it is just combined arms.

Now, I ask you to go try to take on a tank, a Harasser, a Galaxy or Lib, or a Sunderer, and lets see how many times you die trying.

I will say one more thing for a second time: "Here is the way I see it: since Infiltrators can't deal with vehicles, the Flash is their best friend. To deal with vehicles while probably getting one shot, you need your Wraith Flash. That means that for your class, if you want an AV loadout, you need to spend over 1k certs and 50 nanites per pull. See what I am getting at? Infiltrators benefit most from the Flash, so it is their AV. Make it viable."
  19. TRspy007

Idk what you're even saying in the first sentences. And a transport is a transport. Whether it transports 1 dude, 2 or 20, if it carries someone from point A to point B, it's a transport.

Sounds more like a you problem.

I won't because 1) I don't expect to win
    2) If I do use a loadout to actually try to beat a dude with my cloak fury flash, I would feel extremely pathetic. I play a game to have fun, and trolling others/doing completely useless stuff to prove a point isn't my idea of fun.

infiltrators are meant for recon and taking out dudes that are afk. Why would they need AV????? Plus you're acting like you can't spawn tanks and every other possible vehicle as an infil. Completely invalid point lol. You need to spend over 1k certs and 50 nanites to make your flash AV. OMG, you should definitely complain. That's way too expensive. Like, for a lightning it only cost me like 3k and 280 nanites. Please, DG, make the AV flash more accessible. You see how ridiculous you sound?
  20. TRspy007

Stay away from sunderers then....????? I don't even see your point. YES, if you try to ram a vehicle with your flash, you will lose-what a surprise; a truly unfair mechanic! Flash has racer chassis, turbo, how fast do you want it to be lol? And I said that cloak fury flashes would come and finish off flaming mbts while the poor dudes try to rep. Or, more commonly, the flash would TROLL the tanks, by firing a few shots to the rear then cloaking away. OFC, on a 1v1, the flash would probably not beat the tank. But the thing is, these cloak fury flash users know they have no skill, and instead sneak up behind tanks and fire at the rear while the tank is busy dealing with other tanks. Sounds really fun to me.

I might've had my tank killed as I was repping it by a flash once or twice, but I do see cloak flashes trolling my friendlies (or enemies) way too often. A cloak vehicle with AV capabilities isn't very skill or fun if you ask me. Would you like cloak harassers going around with boombox or vulcan?

You guys literally admitted it, you don't shoot at tanks with the intention to kill. Instead you try to get the guy pissed off by sneaking and popping some rounds in his rear as he's busy dealing with other things. Then, once you get him pissed, you run away, and come back once he's given up looking for a tiny cloak flash, that's way faster than his mbt.

If that is not trolling, then you should really explain to me what in game trolling is, and the reason it differs so much from forums to game. Trolling is trolling, if you are bombarding a person with pointless things, under the sole intention of pissing him offe, look at your pathetic self in the mirror dude.

I don't stalker cloak on point, I don't shoot dudes a few times then quickly cloak and run away. I kill dudes, going for headshots, I try to eliminate threats and deploy viable spawn options for my useless team. None of my intentions are to troll a dude, and in fact I am the one being trolled when I have to repeatedly kill the same stalker infil trying to ghost cap a base for the 500th time.

Not going for the kill is not playing the game, and not going for the kill, hoping the dude will get pissed off and waste his time looking for a pathetic nothing is trolling in it's purest form.