[Suggestion] Simple change to make 'Harasser' a fair and fun vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Nov 1, 2019.

1. PlanetBound

Or you could think of ways to counter it.
  2. OneShadowWarrior

It drives like hell and flips over way to easy, in reality the flash and Harrassers both should be 4x4 monsters being such light vehicles, but they are not.
  3. Exileant

:confused: Yes, however tweaking the balance of weaponry is a bad idea to me, they finally got the weapons to act right on each vehicle. I think this is something that needs to be left alone. ;) You can weaken the Harassers turrets by a certain percent, given the weapons are supposed to be smaller versions of M.B.T. top turrets, but again, only if you are going to give them immunity to light infantry weapons... You run the risk of them going overboard with the spray pattern of weapons... o_O A tank's main cannon is a precision weapon. They are used more like sniper rifles in most cases. :confused: To ruin their accuracy because we try to adjust the Harasser and find that Harassers are now trash would create another issue entirely. :D They are already hard to use apparently, because if they were not, people would not have a problem killing Harassers. o_O The key to making Harassers less of a threat, is making the other vehicles more resistant to them or weakening their weapons a bit more and giving them something in exchange for this.

:D And that was TRspy's round about way of saying it would make killing a Harasser a bit easier.... :confused: It would not... Unless it stood still or followed a VEEEEEERY predictable STRAIGHT evasive pattern.... :p How many Harassers have YOU seen drive straight?
  4. Exileant

;) Equip the 'Surger Power Chassis'. :D No more role-overs, and you still get a decent boost to your Turning Radius.
  5. TRspy007

..... I'll let you figure that one out
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Title
    ...by making the camera shake when you're moving? You do realise that mobility is what the Harasser is all about right?
    Sure sounds fun. Just like all the infantry players love how fun the flinch mechanic is and run battle hardened because it can be too fun sometimes.
  7. Scroffel5

Its fair and fun. Fun for the people and sunderers who are constantly dying to a chain gun or plasma shells or a shotgun.
  8. MonnyMoony

You might have a point, if Harassers couldn't go pretty much anywhere - but they can. I have seen Harassers pull of some ludicrous moves - even getting into the mezzanie levels of tech plants.

Maxes used to have a chance when we still had Max Charge. It was a great defensive tool - don't know why it was ever removed.
  9. Exileant

;) You know what? Just for you I am going to upload a video of what I did to a Harasser yesterday in my Max. o_O This is VERY rare so enjoy. They are faaaaaaar from helpless in the face of being run over. Timing and skill are all it takes to not be subjected to a roadkill. The Harassers you see getting into the inner areas of bases did so with nobody around because if they tried to squeeze through the door during a fight, they would be 50 shades of dead. :confused: Even when successful; as far as tactics go, building access is a practice that is as useless as putting a Magrider on a building top. More so in fact. Especially since it cannot adjust its position well in such tight spaces. :D They often fall prey to Maxes, C4 and Rockets in their various forms.

o_O As far as them taking my Max Charge.... :mad: I WAS FURIOUS!!!!!!!! It should NEVER have been removed. o_O They tested my practice of adaptation to the absolute limit..... :confused: Especially since Zealot is still terrible....
  10. Scroffel5

I am starting to think development and balancing needs to be different on PS4. Exileant plays on PS4 and says how things are easy and balanced, when the way I see it, PS4 is easier to play on. Harder for people to aim, shoot, and move at the same time with joysticks, if you aren't experienced, and people move predictably.
    • Up x 1
  11. Exileant

;)It only looks easy because I am playing. I am a skilled player. Most people cannot do the things I do, however I do show what is possible given you are willing to put in the work developing tactics. :confused:There are jitterbugs, people who use keyboard and mice here, (you can tell which do) and skilled players that make it almost impossible to track on both sides of the control fence. o_OThere are benefits to using both tactically. Overall it is what you were raised on which will determine how good you play on each respective system. :(Every time the P.C. community cries about something that is unbalanced there, WE suffer because it rips apart the balance that has been established here. I talk about balance here because the things I see that are unbalanced on my side, people do not seem to notice on P.C., therefore they do not really get addressed. o_OI think it has less to do with needing different development and more to do with PC's version being a lot more in-depth. :)Being a kid in a candy store is not always heaven. They often overlook the small things that are key. Harassers are, and always have been easy to kill. The issues are their numbers. ;)As with any vehicle or weapon, once people figure out a new tactic that works, they gravitate toward it until the next new goodie or toy comes around. It is a fad and all fads eventually die. :)Yes they may come back, however this is the Ebb and Flow of gaming. Now just because I say they are weak to me, this does NOT mean they need to be any stronger; any buffs at this point will make them unbalanced, as just 2 will swiftly overwhelm any opposing vehicle.... Sadly, at this point, by what I just showed you, people dying by 1 of them is not the Harassers fault. It is theirs..... :eek: If you are willing to put in the time developing the skill, you can bring a harasser down with a heavy assault. :p GRANTED this mainly applied to T.R........ but still it is possible. o_O The only tank that could not truly fight off a Harasser way back when was the Magrider, because it moved WAY too slow to used the Chassis it needed to be competitive. Things are different now. They can FINALLY truly hold their own now without depending on some sort of cheese tactic..... :confused: The rest of them always could thanks to their firepower and Cruising Speed. This is a case of (And I LOATH the phrase...) 'Get Good' for most.
  12. Scroffel5

All I meant was that PS4 is mobile with extra steps. I destroy on mobile because I can walk, aim, and shoot at the same time, while others can't. Skill gaps are more prevalent on mobile and PS4 and console than on PC.
  13. Exileant

:eek: Aaaaah, okay. Well there is a simple solution. ;) They make PlayStation shaped control pads, so if you or any other P.C. player are having any issues, you can come on home to P.S.4 and get on the winning side.... Or adapt to our way of life :D (Because we are BETTER).
    :eek: N.C. Soldier: "SHOTS FIRED!!!!!*
    :oops: Crowd of T.R. Soldiers:"OooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........!"
    :rolleyes: P.S.4 V.S. Soldiers: "CONSOLE FORMAT FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!" *AAAAAAAAIR HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN*

:p *Climbs in Magrider and Over Boosts away laughing like Courage*

14. ican'taim

Weren't there supposed to be ES buggies? I've seen pictures, what happened to them?
  15. Exileant

:confused: E.S. Buggies? I am not familiar with the term.
  16. Scroffel5

Empire Specific Buggies. I thought there were. I saw pictures of them too, but I think the idea was scrapped.
    • Up x 2
  17. Exileant

:eek: Aaaah, okay. ;) Yes they have them, aside from the Top gun you have to buy the specific armor that goes with the faction. It is all for looks though, otherwise you just have a standard N.S. version. :cool: The new N.S. looks for them are hot though so.... :p Mine is an N.S. Custom. Hahaha!
    • Up x 1
  18. JudgeNu

No Nerfs Just Buffs
    The Harasser is already fun for those that use it.
    What is needed is a hard counter BESIDES the AV Mines that can be usually seen if using the implant (like most good drivers do).

Just buff lock-ons.
    They are ******* useless against a Harasser.

It is insane to me they would celebrate greifing players by making the Harasser.
    The game is already tricky enough for new players.

I have suggested in the past, as this issue is always and issue, to revert the Skyguard back to where it was when you could effectively 'Shoo' away a Harasser. Tighten up that CoF. Adjust the damage accordingly.

EDIT: and rename it the Enforcer or create a new weapon.

IMO Harasser play is Childs play.
    Running over people wreaking havoc in an already hostile environment just causes grief if there is no real remedy.

My two cent on maintenance schedule day.
  19. Exileant

o_O You just have to know how to fire a Lock-on at a Harasser. ;) That is actually the most effective weapon to use on one. :p There is a lot more than point, wait, and shoot to effective launcher use.
  20. Exileant

:p Most effective.... :eek: On foot, :D baring the Max.