[BUG] Got kicked, disconnected, for Stat padding

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Destroyer0370

Was playing alert last night and placed down ammunition + repairing a max constantly in the bio room in huge bio fight.
  2. JibbaJabba

That sucks :(

But take it as a compliment! You were doing an awesome job at support!
    • Up x 2
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

This is precisely why I get too afraid to do anything in this game for more than 5 minutes. I main Engineer and I love playing support, but knowing things like this happen makes me too afraid to play the role I enjoy.
  4. Who Garou

I happened to a guy in my outfit when he was a driving a repair or ammo sunder during a huge tank battle when we had multiple squads full of tanks. The fight had been going on for 1/2 hour or more by the time it happened.

It is good to automate checking for this kind of thing, but it would always be good to have a game master monitoring to check out what was going in before an automated kick.
    If we can't have a game master check on what's going on, then I will have to go toward the side of kicking those that may be abusing the system even if it catches someone by accident sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

Were you doing it for a looooong time?
    I think all of us have been in the situation of doing nothing but support,
    I've played since March 2015 and never had this happen, and I main engi,

I can maybe see the game kicking you for statpad if someone is just firing a round and reloading repeatedly
    (Without hitting any targets) Giving you resupply xp, Maybe someone was doing that?
    • Up x 2
  6. TRspy007

I respect that, I really do. There's not enough engineers, and it's rare to have one that does his job. However, you can't just resupply and repair. Repair until your gun overheats, shoot at some things with the archer, and it should negate this. The good thing is that, since you're complaining about this, it means it probably doesn't happen often.

That said, just remember to shoot at things a bit with your archer or whatever, - even if you don't get a kill, you'll probably get assists, and that's good. I believe the system looks at where you get xp, if you kill or get assists on people, you should be ok. (Unless you start moving down half the bio with headshots loooool).

But thanks for doing your job soldier, you've done the TR proud.
  7. JibbaJabba

Dude this is rare. Super rare. Stars have to align for this to happen during normal gameplay. Put it out of your mind and play the way you want to play.
    • Up x 1
  8. TR5L4Y3R

AI-manaturret ... nuff said ...
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm not so sure at the moment. A player on Cobalt got kicked several times for just supplying ammo and repairing maxes in a biolab whilst occasionally attacking enemies when needed. Plus there seems to be more players in general complaining of being kicked for stat padding even if they're genuinely not. The system seems more sensitive than usual lately which is concerning.

I admit I'm a little dense here as to what you mean. :oops:
  10. TR5L4Y3R

either being also kicked for statpadding (happened once long time ago)
    or weaponslock (recently) cause factionmembers being idiots, VS being not exempt from this ..

other thing i had during the halloweenevent while not a being kicked i couldn´t ammosuply after rather short period of time while i had the halloweenmask in use .. ... sooo it might not be ONLY for stattpadding were the system might be oversensitive ...
  11. JibbaJabba

Ah, if that's the case, yeah maybe someone needs to open a CS ticket and point it out.

I think we all agree anti-stat padding is good? I would prefer the sensitivity be tuned favorably not to kick legit players at the risk of letting padders get away with it a little though.
  12. PlanetBound

It must apply only to engineer. There's times I sit in a radar equipped Ant at a Biolab and never get kicked for the points. And those fights can go on for an hour or more.