Sudden drop in framerate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xipoid1, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Xipoid1

I noticed that sometimes a sudden drop in frame rate occurs. Framerate drops from e.g. 70 to 15 fps for 1 second and than goes back to 70. This happens when in a prowler looking though the scope (zoomed) and then activate the deploy. At that moment the frame rate drops and goes back after 1 second. During the 1 second its hard to handle the mouse, aim, shoot etc. Very annoying, especially in action phases where you like to have a quick deploy and shoot. Anyone have the same issue?
    • Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

Personally I don't notice this too often. There is a bug in huge fights where the server randomly drops client packets, but that would occur randomly whether you zoom or not. So i'm not sure. 70fps is pretty low, are you running on old components?
  3. Exileant

o_O Fear not, that is just the Prowler's Either Over-Drive activating in preparation to maul your victim with sustained Full-Auto cannon fire. :eek: If you listen closely, you can hear it whisper to you in Enochian that: o_O "You were born for this moment here and now." and to "Prove yourself worthy of its selection, or be cast into the Lake of Fire along with it to burn for all eternity; as that is its inescapable destiny and it would indeed RELISH your company." :D Be careful what you summon in this game.....

22:23 to skip ahead.