"Executive Producer Andy Sites reviews the first month of Early Access and discusses the future for

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DocLorria, Oct 24, 2019.

1. DocLorria

Long time player and one who does not post often.

Stop this crap ladies and gentlemen!!!!

You have a loyal fan base with Planetside 2 - make it better!

We have seen H1Z1 which really did not go well - now Planetside Arena?

Stop blowing money on crap, take care of the game that has loyal followers. Why do you think EQ has been around for 20+ years?
    • Up x 3
  2. TR5L4Y3R

yea the investors and such are totally gonna listen to you .... ..... ....
    • Up x 1
  3. pnkdth

1) Fantastic game and revolutionised the MMORPG genre on every level.
    2) Can be played on a potato.
    3) Does not have players who expect AAA production value / graphics while also demanding great performance and massive battles.
    4) A good community fostered through a clear creative direction and vision instead of PS2 which routinely try to please everyone.
    5) Delivers value which makes people want to sub, e.g. expansions are still being rolled out.
    6) The relationship between P99 (community based server who's been trying to emulate the classic days of EQ) which ultimately culminated into new TLP servers. P99 and servers like have worked like a free promo for them since many of them do jump to the live servers eventually.

Meanwhile the PS2 community appears to be so very fragmented. Constantly picked against each when discussing Air versus Ground, Infantry versus Vehicles, and so on. Always so adversarial and rarely "Oh, so you think <insert class and vehicle> isn't good enough, why do you say that?" Every damn discussion becomes about petty disagreements and personal insults... and it often boils down to nerf-culture and/or ignorance masquerading as confidence/knowledge on the subject they're talking about.

I do not envy the PS2 team as there's never really been a time when they weren't damned if they do or damned if they don't.
    • Up x 3
  4. Trigga

They really should though, its called Market Research.
    Without it you end up producing something that has no market value and therefore no1 buys, you make a massive loss on the investment, have to fire all your employees, and just about manage to keep the electric on so you can keep producing the old product that actualy makes you some income.

Sounds familiar somehow.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

you don´t get it, do you ?... the higher ups at DBG are greedy foooks ... their priority is lotta cash quickly ... not longterm sustainance ..
    otherwise things would not have gone the way they were and are ..
  6. Skraggz

To bad all this player feedback is on the official forums for the game.. aka the void.

They dont care for the forums not since roxxxly left.
    • Up x 2
  7. TR5L4Y3R

also marked research?
    market research last told them battle royal being the hottest scrap .. and that´s why they went with PS:A .. PS 2 having continualy lost players over the years tells them they are not gonna get lots of cash from it any longer .. how much of the playerbase have been subcirbers in the first place .. how many "whales" were there? ..

and again ... you do reasile that planetside 2 is like ABSOLUTE niche in this genre .. and dbg not being equivalent in size nor in budget on a level like EA or activision blizzard .. they however all have the same goal ..
  8. DocLorria

One example - a new continent.
  9. Trigga

O i forgot, your the conceted narcisist.
    No thanks.
  10. OneShadowWarrior

They had the right idea with Arena, but it was poorly implemented, instead Call of Duty ended up being what Arena should have been and they would have racked profits. A special forces version of PS would have gone really well, but when I played it, the lack of basic wide screen support was a immediate turn off and people only platforms like PS4 and such run on big screen TVs for entertainment.

They are to busy with the new player experience and canned the veterans. I haven’t spent a dime on PS2 in months as I don’t see anything releasing worthy of buying. I’ve been spending $59.99 elsewhere. I spent nothing on Arena.
  11. TR5L4Y3R

you mean you are incapable of discussing stuff and a defeatist ..
    small tipp, there is a blockfunction if you want to puss out entirely ..
  12. Trigga

Theres no discussion when some1 leads with a condescending 'you just dont get it do you'.
    thats the kind of stuff you hear from a school child.

Although id be willing to bet my mortgage value you dont actually speak to people like that in reality.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

depends on their thichheadedness when i explain things to them ..

serious question: how long have you been part of planetside
    and how strongly have followed the news and messages surrounding it ?
    because if you did that on a fair level you may have come to the conclusion yourself of what i mentioned
    the messages of earlier lay offs and the most recent ones may have given you a clue of how the higher ups are thinking at DBG
    especialy considering what changed when the company became DBG formerly having been SOE ..
  14. sjtw_w_stot

Well the one good thing Daybreak has going for it is they can say 'at least we're not Bethesda, Blizzard or EA' and take pride in that.
  15. Twin Suns

As a former PS2 ps4 customer, it was really an eye opening experience. Seeing the money I was paying for my ps4 sub going to improvements for the PC master race's version. All the while the ps4 version is still chalk full of broken $&@!.

DBG's products on the PS5 console? No thanks, we don't need DBG's upper management trying to scam us on the PS5. Maybe I'll start a petition to SOE to have DBG's scam artists half made products banned from the PlayStation Network.

Hope you go out of business DBG.