[Suggestion] (Heavy) T7 Mini-Chaingun is nothing - Another rework idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Nov 2, 2019.

1. karlooo

I don't understand why this weapon is even in the game.
    In my opinion this gun should have only been purchasable with DB cash because it has no advantages over all the LMG's. Just for fans to purchase a visually unique and cool looking weapon.

A multi-barreled gun purpose is to reduce the overheating of the weapon in prolong use and therefore it can reliably shoot more rpm....But does the T7 Mini-Chaingun have any of these advantages?
    It's ammo count is the same as all LMG's, average fire rate - It takes time to reach the fire rate, average damage and worst of all in a game where you need accuracy, you cannot be precise with the gun.

_________

When you look at this weapon it looks really fat.
    [IMG]
    I assume some power source is used to spin up the barrel, probably that's why it's so big but what if the power source not only powered up the spinning barrels but also generated a shield in front of the gun on max rotations, something like the Engineer AI Mana turret?
    Basically this weapon will be like a mobile engineer Mana turret but not as extreme with the shield, maybe just cover part of the chest. Now this would be an interesting and cool gun.
  2. TRspy007

If I remember correctly, this weapon used to be like this. You would plant it, and just unleash a hail of bullets, like the engineer turret.

Ofc, it was too powerful to be left alive, it's now in it's current state.
  3. karlooo

Yeah giving a gun too much damage would be annoying and unfair.

I’m just suggesting here to give the gun a shield on max rpm. The power source that spins up the barrels will also power up a Mana turret styled shield but the gun stats would need a change.
  4. LodeTria

BRRT should just be default already, no need that something so important to the gun needs to be in a slot full of other stuff.
    Also it'd be intresting if it had no damage drop off at all though I don't know if that'd be very useful.
  5. Liewec123

One thing that the MCG does better than any other gun is EAT harassers,
    Its odd but it absolutely blends them! It works the same on hovering ESFs

Totally agree with LodeTria though, BRT should be default,
    Anyone remember the week when MCG was bugged and you could take BRRT and laser sight and extended mags? XD
    Was fun!
  6. TR5L4Y3R

i´m pretty much using it as supression weapon with extended mags ... i´m not realy complaining bout it ...
    having it have BRRT by default may make its role more into a killgun from the start .. the thing is however that all heavy weaopons are more bout supression than direct kill potential with the exception of the NC shotgun but only with its burstmechanic ..
  7. OneShadowWarrior

I have said numerous times on posts that the gun seems underwhelming and sounds like a lawnmower. It feels like a popgun firing BB’s.

It needs cosmetics to be improved, something like in Predator 2 with Jessie the Body Ventura using Old Painless, feeling like something with some balls.
  8. IVANPIDORVAN

If you don't understand something, this doesn't mean what it is wrong, or should be changed, so you can finally "understand".

T7 Mini-blame gun is the primary reason why i stayed in this game, why i even chose TR faction 5 years ago. This is my favorite gun and it is awesome, this unique weapon basicly the best SMG available only for TR. If you never tried SMG HA loadout, how you can understand this gun? How dare you to judge.

What advantages SMG have against LMG? Answer is simple, it is more agile and mobile weapon fpr cqc with much more better hip CoF what can reliably land shots without ADS. ADS penalty for all LMG (except NS15) is 50%. This means what you strafe speed is have 1/2 of normal strafe speed. Strafe speed is very important and allow you to dodge shots instead of absorbing them. This achieved due to the fact that people are not used to leading the target what faster than usual. If you don't see difference between 0.5 and 0.75 ADS multipliers, if you cannot benefit from hipfire - you cannot sat here and type your ****posts about gunplay and weapon balance.

But the main problem is what you probably will never be able to understand this. Whats the point if i suggest HA loadout for you what will synergize with T7 perfectly, mitigating it's downsides, enhance it's potential. You may be even a good player, but then, this post means what you simply have meta-mentality. T7 is not meta. So keep playing Assimilate+Battle hardned Adrenaline META heavy. Pick your anchor, mswr or betelgeuse. This gun is not for you and people like you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Exileant

:eek: It does if you set it up right. It is a gun the prides magazine size over all else. This is a gun I still use today, I have not seen a single gun with over 200 rounds in the magazine and can fire them constantly at the speeds this thing is capable. :confused: It is a beautiful weapon at max R.P.M. speeds. o_O In a group, nothing is better for area denial. It has the advantages you speak of, because heat does not apply to this weapon. I find it most satisfying to unload it in a crowd, but it is still versatile enough to be used in solo combat. I dare you to compare its usability to that of a Lasher.... Heck, the Minigun even recently got a bump to its base magazine by 25%. o_O Being since you can double its magazine, that is a staggering 250 rounds.... PER CLIP. :eek: With a limit of 1000 rounds...... If you cannot do something with that, you cannot call yourself, T.R. o_O It is the ONLY heavy weapon that can drop MULTIPLE Max Units in a REASONABLE time frame, :eek: BY ITSELF.... WITH A SINGLE CLIP.

;) In case I needed to make my stance even more clear on this one, o_O I shall sum it up here.... LEAVE.....THIS..... MONSTER..... :eek: AAAAAAAAALOOOOOOOOOOOOONE....... :confused: Any weapon that can kill a Harasser by itself via directed fire, is fine as is..... :( Wish you had an A.A. weapon to make that solo E.S.F. Hotshot leave your squad alone? ;) Find a hiding spot and let loose. o_O It has more than enough ammo to kill even an armored one. :rolleyes: Sure, if they Suppress you may need a bit from clip 2, but at that point they are going to leave if they have any sense. :confused: Know why? o_O Because if they are smart, they know you still have a STRIKER on standby.....
  10. TRspy007

A dual shield heavy gun heavy assault? Even if the shield is pathetic, I can just imagine how people would react when hearing the name.

Instead, the gun could just start off with a higher rate of fire, or spin up to an insane RPM. It's already pretty decent as it is though, for a heavy gun. It's basically as reliable as the jackhammer and the lasher. Changing the chaingun to something powerful would also mean a revamp to the other 2 heavy guns...not gonna happen.

Maybe make the mag bigger to allow more sustained fire.